Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2022, 14:22   #3976
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

One can realise how terrible Shamshera word of mouth is that my wife who is a Bollywood fanatic unlike me, refuses to see it even on Prime video streaming. Never thought I will see this day

Judging by the lukewarm response to Brahamstra teasers I am expecting another terrible fate for Bollywood big budget movie.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 16:57   #3977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Watched (Perks of being married ) Jug Jug Jeeyo . My rating -5 out of 5

What a waste of money, talent and time. I should've backed away just by seeing Karan Johar's name
The problem with that movie is that they dont know which direction to take-whether to make it serious, funny, or seriously funny. They end up doing neither of these. Also, I felt that Neetu Kapoor looked more apt for an elderly sister-in-law than Anil Kapoor's wife. Somehow that pair did not click in my eyes. May be because of the generational career difference that they have, although she is actually younger than him in real life. And because I have traversed both eras when they were at their respective peak .I think she did a much better job in Do Dooni Char. Also, Anil Kapoor's typical ebullience in the face of a failing relationship is weird.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 17:48   #3978
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to falling standards of bollywood movies and availability of great content on OTT platforms I have almost stopped watching bollywood movies. This year watched only 5 Hindi movies till now (KGF-2, RRR, Vikram, Kashmir Files & A Thursday). As you notice 3 of them are actually dubbed Telugu/Tamil/Kannada movies. Even that was die to hype and didn’t find RRR & Vikram that great.

But looking at all the recommendations here watched Runway 34 on Amazon prime.

And happy to report I wasn’t disappointed at all. Both Mr. Bachhan & Mr. Devgan were flawless and I was glued to the screen throughout the show. Even the little CGI usage was top notch. A very well made movie and must watch for people who enjoy courtroom dramas.

Rating: 4.5/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st August 2022 at 18:18.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 18:55   #3979
BHPian

Kesari-4.25/5.

What a fantastic movie based on true events. Akshay Kumar and the cast did a very good job. highly recommended.
Old 22nd August 2022, 07:35   #3980
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Judging by the lukewarm response to Brahamstra teasers I am expecting another terrible fate for Bollywood big budget movie.
Hard to believe, but 2 of my Aussie friends (Caucasian) who somehow came across the trailers on Youtube or Facebook, have asked me to let them know when the movie is out, so we can watch at a theatre! Should be a riot. lol
Old 22nd August 2022, 09:53   #3981
Team-BHP Support

I am looking forward to Brahmastra. I'm quite sure it will either be in Gunda/RGV Ki Aag/Jaani Dushman league or in the Rang De Basanti/ Lagaan zone. Nothing in between.

Should be fun
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 03:30   #3982
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched Sherdil in Netflix. All I can say is, I enjoyed watching the movie.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 09:35   #3983
Distinguished - BHPian

SherDil Netflix

Pankaj Tripathi is an enigma, despite doing the same things over and over again, he kind of brings an earnestness to his characters which is seldom found these days. Based on true events, SherDil implores us to introspect. Running time of almost two hours, this little gem should not be missed by cinema lovers. Of course, this is no usual stuff but I am glad that Srijit Mukherjee’s first hindi film is a serious take on so many things. Pankaj Tripathi and Neeraj Kabi played their characters well. Watch out for the courtroom dialogues of Pankaj Tripathi- will shock one’s conscience to the core.

Rating: 4/5

Last edited by ABHI_1512 : 26th August 2022 at 09:36.
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 20:01   #3984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Shamshera

Streaming: Amazon Prime
Rating: 1.5/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
SHAMSHERA

Saw it on Prime. Not sure if theatre viewers had any other perspective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Together he made a khichidi, rooted it in Afghan soil, made a dud called Sham-Shera. Total sham.
Rating it 1/5
Watched Shamshera today on Prime. Yeah, maybe worth only 1* or 1.5*.
Some of the outdoor sequences (particularly Nubra) have been shot really well and Sanjay Dutt did good in whatever his role offered.

Overall, writing was terrible - like others have said, it's just a mishmash of different ideas from several different movies. Several plot points don't make any sense. I guess the makers just focussed on making it visually appealing than anything else. Story was probably an after thought.
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:56   #3985
BHPian

Akshay Paaji decided to make some money. So he ends up with a low cost ensemble. Added Punjabi tadka by having Gurpreet and Sargun. Then Akshay paaji wanted a bit of romance. Ok, enter Rakulpreet. But Akshay paaji also wanted some thrill. So storyline is supposed to be a thriller with angreji tadka.

And that's how Cutputtli happened. The storyline is ok but the execution is far from it. The climax is kind of an anti climax. And an ageing Akshay with white stubble romancing crimson Rakul gives you hope and cringe at the same time.

If you have nothing to do and wanna kill time, you can watch Cutputtli and spend rest of the day thinking beer cafe was a better option.

Rated 2/5. The extra 0.5 for visual appeal of Rakulpreet.
headbanger is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 15:05   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Akshay Paaji decided to make some money. So he ends up with a low cost ensemble. Added Punjabi tadka by having Gurpreet and Sargun. Then Akshay paaji wanted a bit of romance. Ok, enter Rakulpreet. But Akshay paaji also wanted some thrill. So storyline is supposed to be a thriller with angreji tadka.

And that's how Cutputtli happened. The storyline is ok but the execution is far from it. The climax is kind of an anti climax. And an ageing Akshay with white stubble romancing crimson Rakul gives you hope and cringe at the same time.

If you have nothing to do and wanna kill time, you can watch Cutputtli and spend rest of the day thinking beer cafe was a better option.

Rated 2/5. The extra 0.5 for visual appeal of Rakulpreet.
Wonder how faithful it is to its Tamil original. I will watch it since you can forward it on OTT
Old 2nd September 2022, 20:55   #3987
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
Wonder how faithful it is to its Tamil original. I will watch it since you can forward it on OTT
Just realised that it is the remake of 'Ratsasan' which was a very good taut thriller. Cannot even think of Akshay Kumar doing the film. I guess the makers thought, 'It is a hit film, we just need to remake the story as is and it will be a hit'. Not bothering about the nuances of the original.
Old 2nd September 2022, 22:08   #3988
Distinguished - BHPian

HIT- The first case Netflix

I got intrigued by the premise of the movie and started watching it. Later learnt that the movie has been already made in Telugu and the same director has made the Hindi version. Raj Kumar Rao doesn’t disappoint usually with his choice of movies and this one too doesn’t disappoint either. A crime mystery where Raj kumar Rao plays a Homicide detective who is jostling with a troubled past. The film successfully holds the suspense through and is a gripping watch despite being slouchy sometimes. Screenplay is taut and good thing, the duration of the movie is crisp. The movie will soon have a second part too and should be equally interesting. Gripping watch although the climax could have been better.

Rating: 3.5/5
ABHI_1512 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 07:32   #3989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 View Post
HIT- The first case Netflix

Rating: 3.5/5
I did watch this couple of days back. Haven't seen the original but this was pretty neat. Like you said the climax could have been better, but this one doesn't disappoint either. It was a good watch.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 15:12   #3990
BHPian

I saw Cuttputli on Hotstar and HIT:The first case on Netflix
My view is based on the fact that I have seen both the original ones HIT(Telugu-2020) and RATSASAN(Tamil – 2018).

CUTTPUTLLI:
I was expecting this to be on the lines of the Hindi Drishyam - Not as good as the original, but still decent enough due to the engaging story. I loved the original Ratsasan, which haunts you for some time post watching. For those who have seen Ratsasan, Cuttputli will be a disappointment. Had this released in theatres, it would probably have been the fifth consecutive flop for Akshay or at best an average hit. Slight changes have been made in the story to portray Akshay as more assertive compared to the original one’s lead Vishnu Vishal. Rakulpreet is the female lead and I found it odd that of all people in the world, the lady ACP character is played by Sargun Mehta who looks like Rakulpreet or her sister in most of the scenes. Her character too is subtle compared to the ACP in Ratsasan who literally makes you hate her for her antics.
RAKULPREET
The Hindi Movies Thread-rakulpreet-2.png

NOT A RAKULPREET
The Hindi Movies Thread-not-rakulpreet.png

I felt that the biggest misfit in the scheme of things was Akshay, who was not at all convincing playing a 36 year old, no matter the level of de-ageing done and the dialogues forced in to show that he is young. There is even a 15 year old flashback scene where Akshay(aged 21) looks the same. Although his acting here is good and in control, this role would have probably suited someone under 35. There is a dialogue where Rakul says to Akshay “You are a little young to be a teenager’s dad” which actually felt like sarcasm. The location will occasionally give you the Vikrant-Radhika starrer Forensic vibes. The villain in the original had won huge appreciation without a single dialogue. The one in Hindi explaining things in the climax felt funny. For those who have not seen the original, Cuttputli will be a one-time watch. For the Ratsasan fans, please skip this. For those who have not seen either, I strongly recommend Ratsasan.
The Hindi Movies Thread-ratsasan.jpg

HIT:
As far as I remember (I saw it in 2020), there is not much difference to tell, as this is mostly a scene-by-scene copy of the original. The story and direction is by the same person (Sailesh Kolanu). Although I felt that Rajkumar played the lead better compared to the original one. The movie’s pace is comparable to some of our express trains which during its journey, sometimes runs like it is aiming to become a bullet train and sometimes drags like a memu local. This movie has good pace in most parts. Starts slow and then catches super speed, then slows down a little bit and then catches speed again. Many distractions are thrown in to keep us guessing about the culprit. Kissing and Cussing both seem forced and present there for the heck of it. Dalip Tahil, Sanya Malhotra, Shilpa Shukla all played their part well. Was good to see Milind Gunaji in a decent role after a long time. I had liked the original and this one too is a decent effort.

Name:  HIt first.png
Views: 316
Size:  458.0 KB
AnnaRocks is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks