Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 18:14   #4006
BHPian

Re: The Hindi Movies Thread

Vikram Vedha (2022).

I had a lot of expectations as it is a Hrithik Roshan movie. The movie was boring till the interval, and after the interval, it picked up, but not to the level expected.

3/5.
SanjayW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 01:09   #4007
Team-BHP Support

Babli Bouncer is a decent one time family watch. Keeps you reasonably entertained throughout, without being spectacular. This is the first I've seen of Tamanna Bhatia and she reminded me of Yami Gautam in Vicky Donor.

The support caste is good, story subject is new and the director does well to avoid over the top melodrama.

3 stars.
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 19:16   #4008
Senior - BHPian

Vikram Vedha

I haven't seen the South one so my expectations were purely based on the look of trailer. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Saif looks Suave and does justice to his role of Vikram the righteous one. But, Hritik is smashing it as Vedha (Betaal). His UP accent could have been a tad better though. I was quite apprehensive how will they do justice to the concept of Vedha narrating stories, however it's very well executed and everything comes together in the end.

Judging by the climax I believe there might be a sequel brewing up.

I will rate this a solid 4/5.
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 01:54   #4009
BHPian

Just back from Vikram Vedha. Above average watch.Hrithik punches above weight, Saif at par, Radhika Apte was wasted and the overall flow of the movie keeps you engaged. The best part of the movie was the background music.

I felt that this movie shouldn't had couple of songs which kind of break the pace. Overall rated 3.5/5. A decent one time watch.

Last edited by headbanger : 3rd October 2022 at 01:56.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 09:10   #4010
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikram Vedha: Had seen the tamil version only on TV, and seeing good reports for the Hindi remake, decided to catch it in theater.

Enjoyed it, normally remakes tend to try to tweak the original a little too much and mess it up. Or makers think that as it is a hit in the original language, end up doing a scene by scene remake not taking into account the smaller but significant things that made the original a hit.

This one gets it all right. It is a movie that is heavily dependent on the characterization of the leads and both Hrithik and Saif are fantastic. Hrithik especially does really well.

The last Hindi movie I watched in theater I think was way before Covid times. Well worth it.

Rating:3.5/5
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 09:42   #4011
Team-BHP Support

Vikram Vedha = 3.5 stars

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. While Saif is good, Hrithik is spectacular and easily out-swags everyone else. Brilliant performance. And what a backgroung score. Reminded me of Govinda Govinda from Sarkar.

Of course, there are a lot of cinematic liberties taken with not a single bullet hitting the "heros". Eagerly awaiting the Hindi sequel. Is there any news on the Tamil sequel?
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 10:38   #4012
Senior - BHPian

I tried 'Babli Bouncer', but turned off the TV within 30-40 minutes. It was headed no where. I don't know if things get better later, but I could not have the patience to sit through.

Having watched the Tamil make of Vikram Vedha atleast 2-3 times, I don't know if I would enjoy the Hindi version. Will wait for it to drop on OTT and catch it.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 11:39   #4013
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Vikram Vedha = 1 / 5 stars. Please save your time & money, and avoid going to the cinema. At best, wait for it to come on streaming, but I wouldn't watch it even then. Typical boring Bollywood storyline (stylish stud cop, confident bad guy) with the usual masala that they are dishing out since the 1970s Amitabh days. Including such lame touches as the cop lighting up a cigarette for style (how out of tune with the times can you be).

Walked out of the movie midway as my time is more important than the price of the movie ticket.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Such junk is the reason Bollywood is dying & online streaming is growing (OTTs & TV Shows are killing my interest in Bollywood films & theatres | You?).

My mood was so out that I needed a fix. Went next door and took Manson's superbike for a spin in Bandra
The Hindi Movies Thread-bike.jpg
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 00:04   #4014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Vikram Vedha = 1 / 5 stars. Please save your time & money, and avoid going to the cinema. At best, wait for it to come on streaming, but I wouldn't watch it even then. Typical boring Bollywood storyline (stylish stud cop, confident bad guy) with the usual masala that they are dishing out since the 1970s Amitabh days. Including such lame touches as the cop lighting up a cigarette for style (how out of tune with the times can you be).

My mood was so out that I needed a fix. Went next door and took Manson's superbike for a spin in Bandra
Thanks for saving me a couple of credits of Cinemark as I was booked for it tonight.

For last one year, I was paying $22/month (otherwise each ticket is $18 to $25 depending on time) for 2 credits that I can use to watch any movie and these credits never expire.

You are right about movies at screen dying.

Last week I cancelled the monthly payment as none of the movies that come on screen is worth the ticket price as content on OTT is phenomenal and better to pay for the annual subscription and watch a few shows its worth the yearly cost.

P.S : On a lighter note, Manson needs to change his super bike, it's now almost as old as him.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 09:55   #4015
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S : On a lighter note, Manson needs to change his super bike, it's now almost as old as him.
10 minutes on a 954 (or any liter bike) at full throttle will probably be more exhilarating than the last 20 years you've had from the Hyundai to the BMW and everything in between
The Hindi Movies Thread-img_20220102_081830.jpg

Given the options and availability in the US you must use the dollars saved on Cinemark for a Superbike session at the track and see what you've been missing out all your automotive life.

On a lighter note you've just just halved my current age buddy
manson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 10:31   #4016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
10 minutes on a 954 (or any liter bike) at full throttle will probably be more exhilarating than the last 20 years you've had from the Hyundai to the BMW and everything in between
I don’t disagree that the thrill of a motorcycle cannot be had anywhere else.

And, I am neither new to motorcycling nor liter bikes (I have ridden most of the liter bikes that is worth their salt). Besides clocking >50K miles on them.

You are forgetting that I rode your beautiful 954 as well probably a decade back in Mumbai (a spin like how GTO took and was impressed with its power ).

Quote:
Given the options and availability in the US you must use the dollars saved on Cinemark for a Superbike session at the track and see what you've been missing out all your automotive life.
You know what? I did something like that.

I saved money from my cinemark membership and getting myself 4-wheels that is equivalent to 0-60 of your 954.

If you don’t know the update then I think you need to search the forum for same.

Quote:
On a lighter note you've just just halved my current age buddy
Welcome back to teenage hood. Pls share tips of reverse aging. Haha!

Anyways, we are digressing and it was all in good jest buddy. Let’s get back to the core of the thread topic-HINDI MOVIES.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th October 2022 at 10:32.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 14:05   #4017
Senior - BHPian

Watched Laal Singh Chaddha on Netflix.

What a mediocre movie really. Took me 3 instalments to finish it. Kept going back hoping there would be something worth the hooplah. Amir Khan looked like continuing the same expression from PK. So much noise about boycott gang killing the movie is pointless. It never deserved to be even a hit forget about anything better. Save your time and give it a pass.

Rating: 2/5

Last edited by SoumenD : 9th October 2022 at 14:07.
SoumenD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 09:42   #4018
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

What a mediocre movie really.
I love Aamir Khan & am a huge fan of the different kind of stories he experiments with (PK, Taare Zameen Par, 3 Idiots). But Laal Singh Chaddha was such a waste of 60 minutes. I just couldn't bring myself to complete it.

With the kind of junk that Bollywood is churning out, no wonder that theatre ticket sales are declining. Don't miss my review above for Vikram Vedha.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 10:13   #4019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

What a mediocre movie really. Took me 3 instalments to finish it. Kept going back hoping there would be something worth the hooplah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I love Aamir Khan & am a huge fan of the different kind of stories he experiments with (PK, Taare Zameen Par, 3 Idiots). But Laal Singh Chaddha was such a waste of 60 minutes. I just couldn't bring myself to complete it.
The weakest link in Laal Singh Chadda was Aamir Khan (I WAS a fan). His best act was while he was in the train, narrating his story, looked fish out of water everywhere else. Even Naga Chaitanya tried hard to fake that pout expression/voice. All other supporting cast did a very good job.

I would still rate it a 3/5 for the effort in converting a classic and making an Indian version. If one can tolerate Aamir Khan in the movie, it is good one time watch.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:29   #4020
Senior - BHPian

PS-1

I had high expectations considering the good word of mouth reviews. It's a very well made movie no doubt but somehow fell short of my expectations. For someone who has seen Game of Thrones it's easy to relate with different kingdoms, the politics, power struggle for throne etc. However, movie lacks action set pieces and twists which are necessary for such a story. It looked like this was more a build up for Part 2. Everyone has acted well and Ash looks absolutely beautiful as the queen. Let's see how Part 2 pans out in few months.

Rating -3.5/5

Lal Singh Chaddha
In one word - Snoozefest. I thank my stars I didn't watched it in a theatre. Aamir needs to do some introspection of his acting skills as this was absolutely below par. I didn't even finished the movie cos I was really bored.

From a guy who gave us films like Lagaan, Ghulam and 3 idiots. This was absolute garbage.

Last edited by harry10 : 11th October 2022 at 14:34.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks