Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2005, 20:02   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Breaking all records : My 800 got dented on delivery itself!
Lol GTO,

Actually i know of a story that can beat that one.....
Your VTEC ! it got dented even before delivery

Quote:
This particular 800 (Registration no. 6568) had 11 accidents in a 2 year duration from 1991 - 1993
11 in 2 years, hmm...close on the heels of my W123 which had 12 accidents in 12 months....after that i stopped counting. And these were major accidents usually involving bodywork etc. Infact, once the driver was taking the car to the workshop to get a smashed headlight replaced, and he had another accident on the way there so had to come back!!

cya
R
Old 22nd June 2005, 20:18   #17
BHPian

my skoda ,14250 km ... had stopped at the signal near race course road in pune when i heard a couple of thumps.. a cyclist without breaks pulled one loooong scratch on the left side.. right from the rear door till the front fender... & that guy got a beating of his life
Old 22nd June 2005, 20:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

like gto,mine also got scratched on the delivery day.the building gate was not opened properly and so brushed against it.that scratch is still there.
Old 22nd June 2005, 21:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

My car got a small scratch on the third day after delivery..a bike came speeding and suddenly bangs into the the car from front. He fell on the road and looked really scared. He was thinkin abt how much he would need to pay, but then we just left him. No point in holding him, he wouldn't have had money anyway. The bumper also had a small dent which was corrected within minutes.
Old 22nd June 2005, 22:55   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually i know of a story that can beat that one.....
Your VTEC ! it got dented even before delivery
Salt on my wounds, bro!

GTO
Old 23rd June 2005, 10:23   #21
BHPian

Guess the pot on the M800 was divine intervention.
A bike scratched the left side of my wagonr,
three days after delivery with 100+ on the odo.
Old 23rd June 2005, 11:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

This morning found one more scratch on the door for about 2 inches. My friend was telling me that, this is one of the disadvantage in opting for black color. I really do not have an clue how this is happening
Old 23rd June 2005, 11:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

My zen was less than 10 KMS when it got it's first scratch. Brought the car home and was taking it out again to go to the temple with my folks. A cyclist unwilling to stop, put a small scratch on the rear bumper.

My Palio got it's first beating when it was about 150 KMS old. At a signal, a novice driver with no license banged in to the rear. Fortunately no scratches but the cover over the towing hook came out.
Old 23rd June 2005, 12:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

First one was got at 300kms of my brand new indica. Was parked at signal in blr when some freak in Tata Sierra cut across changing lanes and failed to watch his right rear. The irony is i was switched off at that time! Left a big dent on the fender, and then floored away realizing. Tried chasing him but he was driving too rashly and i didn't want to screw up the engine revving hard. After that got used to it since its a black color. Even if a fly sits it makes a scratch
Old 23rd June 2005, 12:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

My palio got a scratch the same day I took delivery of the car. I drove the car from the showroom to the petrol pump, filled some petrol, and drove home. While parking my vehicle at my home parking lot, I brushed against my gate.
Old 23rd June 2005, 13:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

My RS had a fender bender on it's first night.

A lady (I dont know) from the building i stay in decided that she would like to see what the car was like. so she took the key from the car cleaner and bumped the car into the wall. apparently she had never driven a car other than a santro before and got the gears mixed up. I wonder what she was thinking. we have never talked yet she feel free to drive somone elses car. wierd?

It has been 8 months since (oct 2005) and i am still to recieve an appology or admission of fault. I got the above news from one of the drivers who was witness to this.

Since she is standoffish and a bit arrogant and i dont have any red handed proof I have not bothered to question her.

Ofcourse my friendly neighbourhood garage (Team Motor Works) promptly touched it up and after reading what happened to GTO's 800 this is not so bad right?
Old 23rd June 2005, 14:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
After that got used to it since its a black color. Even if a fly sits it makes a scratch
Oh no

You set the expectation for me. So my heart will get prepared to take the load
Old 23rd June 2005, 14:46   #28
BHPian

Scratches are common for my cars coz of the area where we need to take the cars to office......Its a very crowded area with small streets and the car is just parked in the side of the street outside of my office.

But the first big one was when my palio in exactly a month and around 1200 kms later....A guy in a scooty just came and banged right into my right bumper at a four street intersection!!

I was heartbroken that moment. The bumper cracked, fog lamp bracket broke but atleast the headlight and fog lamp were safe!! Just that morning I had licked the car clean with shampoo, polished it and the tyres coz later that day I was going to participate in the Db drag competition.

Anyway I just put the accident behind me and went ahead and competed! Guess what I won first place.....I had mixed feelings that day remorse for the accident and elation for winning!

Since then Its a year now and I have changed the LHS fog lamp bracket too and both the rear tail lamps! Life sucks for our cars nowadays.....Everybody is out to get them!!!!! :thumbs down
Old 23rd June 2005, 14:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
It has been 8 months since (oct 2005) and i am still to recieve an appology or admission of fault. I got the above news from one of the drivers who was witness to this.
what an inconsiderate lady she is? first up, she takes the car for a ride without the owner's permission, then she bangs it, then she neither apologises nor compensates for having done such a thing!
Old 23rd June 2005, 17:19   #30
F50
Senior - BHPian

Well, there are 3 dents on my car( near grill, roof, rear) along with some scratches which are not done by any of the 3 driving people in my house, they have been made mainly by trees and some bikers (we suppose).
Once my windsheild was cracked along with damage on roof and grill region when a branch fell on my car in the parking lot. Third, again it was parked and I think it was scrathed by a biker and rest as well because its parked the whole day near office area.
And finally, i found a front cracked bumper( half inch long) which was made by my mom but that was after my car ran 50000 kms.
And till date, I have been driving from past 3 yrs no scratches by me (touchwood), i cannot say in terms of kms coz i dont drive my car daily.

Last edited by F50 : 23rd June 2005 at 17:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks