Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 10:40   #91
Team-BHP Support

@Vikrocks : Your lucky is what i feel.
Old 29th May 2007, 12:16   #92
BHPian

Hi,

My cars first small dent was at around 18000 kms.
A lorry came reversing without seeing my car at the back and after i gave a loud horn he stopped leaving a small dent.

Rajs
Old 29th May 2007, 13:46   #93
BHPian

It is rassuring when you here you are not alone. Mine was around 2000 kms. Parked at a junction. Got rearended by a bajaj scoter with a guy old enough to be my dad. Cound;t even give him galies. Toll my rear bumper down, with a hole in one. It sucked Man.

But then again, the frist one always hurts the most !
Old 29th May 2007, 18:19   #94
BHPian

Hmmm! After driving for the last 25 years or so, the worst was last year when my car was just one week old and 125 kms on odo back ended by a call center driver in Bangalore. Had to be repaired at the maruti service center with damages to the tune of 10K. Insurance did cover most of it, and could not get anything out of the call center car owner!
Slightly off topic - how best to deal with situations like this when our car gets dented because of the other driver's fault?
There are posts on bad brakes on the ikon - Had similar experience with 1.8D - I rear ended a truck with no damage at all to the truck, but the bonnet of my ikon had to be sorted out. This happened when travelling at 30 kms per hour speed and probably a split second delay in braking after the truck in front braked suddenly in the middle of the road in Chennai. Had it reparied by a local mechanic as Ford was quoting sky high charges and the car was already 4 years old - wouldnt have got much out of insurance as well. The ikon, particularly the diesel one had some sort of residual torque - it used to keep running despite taking the foot off the accelerator - this in combination with the inertia due to heavier weight of the car and poor brakes probably resulted in that crash!
Mahesh
Old 29th May 2007, 22:13   #95
BHPian

My cars first small dent was at around 50 kms.
A sumo came reversing without seeing my car at the back,and bang
Old 4th June 2007, 14:00   #96

My first scratch in Esteem was gifted by an "old kid" of my complex at about 800 KMs.. Firtst dent had few days back at 6500 KM ...

What do u guys generally do in case of small but irritating dents / scratches ?

ArijitM
Old 4th June 2007, 15:47   #97
BHPian

7 Kms and in 15 Mins!!!

Got my car out from the showroom parking in front of my house and banged into the Gate!!!... Not a big dent but a scratch on the grill!!!!
Old 11th October 2007, 23:09   #98
BHPian

got a scratch on my sx 4 on the 5th day after delivery. there wre three scratches on the right doors and a small dent near the side skirt. total cost for repairs was rs.6500
Old 12th October 2007, 17:13   #99
Senior - BHPian

I have driven for around 12k to 13k kms before my car got a scratch due to some drunk cyclist. Still remember the beatings my friend and I offered him.

Maybe i drove for so long without a scratch is mainly because i used to stay in mysore back then. Also i drove mainly to my native.

In bangalore, i got my car got the first dent in 3500kms caused by a old man in a old ambi.
Old 12th October 2007, 18:30   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
caused by a old man in a old ambi.
That reminds me a person on TBHP . But he would not this in this life.
Old 12th October 2007, 18:38   #101
Senior - BHPian

My 1st scratch on my WagonR was at 22k---I'd driven 15K in Vizag--a safe haven, and then shifted to Hyd. After that, I got 3 more in Hyd, where everyone drives like crazy.
On my Fiesta, I got my first dent at 400 Kms---barely a week after delivery. I was reversing at the Ford workshop after they had installed the free Nokia Handsfree kit, and banged into a low height bamboo cum barbed wire fence that was not visible. I've left the dent remain--no point getting the whole portion of the trunk painted just for a 1 cm deep dent that is not easily visible.
Old 12th October 2007, 19:00   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
That reminds me a person on TBHP . But he would not this in this life.
I know who you are refering to, but no its not him
Old 12th October 2007, 22:31   #103
BHPian

LOL..Mine at 20 kms and 20 mins..My old zen..went and banged an auto fellow in peak traffic near my house..seems funny even now..Didn't repair it all but changed my car after 6 months
Old 29th November 2007, 09:23   #104
BHPian

i took my car home from the showroom thanks to the paid driver I empployed for the day, myself then being a novice not too confident of my driving. In the night, I had to get over the itch of not driving my own car, took it out hardly 10 mts to reverse (PS: had never reversed a car till date) it and there it goes a big scratch and a minor dent near the right rear headlight.

So guys, give up hope for I am kryptik, lord of the scratches.
Old 29th November 2007, 11:24   #105
BHPian

35kms :( didnt even realize how it happened. Small black scratch on left side of the bumper on day 2.
Didnt pain much as I had read this thread just before going for the delivery

Regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks