Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2011, 09:36   #196
BHPian

Re: How long you drove your car before it got a scratch/dent

Scratched my i10 when it was about a week old while trying to maneuver through entrance of our house. The entrance to our place is pretty wide and has concrete pillars on both sides but street is not wide enough. So on one dark, gloomy and unfortunate evening I scratched the rear right passenger door against the concrete pillar while getting into my home . It literally felt like as if I haven't damaged the car rather have lost my own limb. Every time I looked at damaged car I felt like shooting my self with a shotgun to my face, rip off my hands and feed them to vultures & what not . The scratch was pretty bad and claimed insurance to get that fixed. My one silly misjudgment would've costed me Rs.10,000 appx if I hadn't claimed insurance.

So that my car doesn't bear any of my stupid mistakes any more, I got the entrance to our home widened.

PS. Its not that I can't drive properly, I drive my car only when I am in India on holiday. By the time I get the hang of Indian driving my holiday is already over

Last edited by Punzabi : 8th June 2011 at 09:38. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 8th June 2011, 10:56   #197
BANNED

For me this was about <6 months. I was young & stupid. Scratched my car across the fuel cap area with a truck. Told my father the truck guy hit my car while it was parked. Which he didn't buy for a second hehe. There wasn't a dent but a scratch as you would while trading paint when in motion : P
Old 14th June 2011, 18:50   #198
BHPian

Folks,

On my 4 month old i10 Sportz vtvt, I have this crack (for lack of a better word) on the front bumper. My mistake totally (Me against a protrusion from the wall) and nothing or nobody else was damaged or hurt.

Wanted to find out what's the remedy and how much will it set me back by, any pointers ?

Please see attached pic, it's the right side front bumper lining/seam that's come-off partially.
Attached Thumbnails
How long you drove your car before it got a scratch/dent-img00028201105251010.jpg  

Old 14th June 2011, 19:13   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

I took delivery of my Ritz on Friday evening,went to hospital on Saturday.On Sunday morning,i see a dent with scraped paint on LHS passenger door,looked like as if some cycle had fallen on it and paint got scraped by its handle.Odo reading 15kms
Old 14th June 2011, 20:25   #200
BHPian

Bombay to Versova and I "kissed" a cycle. No damage to anyone but 1/4 mm paint chip and a mile long gash in my heart. I was like - how could I not brake in time and I've been driving for 3 years before that.
It was my first car so it STUNG.
Old 16th June 2011, 00:13   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

All of 15-odd minutes!

I was turning the Esteem to the left and grazed by a rickshaw which was standing on the side of the road. Left a long scratch on the left side of the car, just over the left front wheel.

Dad was really mad, but let me go because I had just started learning!
Old 16th June 2011, 04:06   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti 800 - Less than a month - 2 wheeler guy kissed the rear bumpers on a signal
Alto - IIRC 5 or 6 months - A farm tractor coupled with a trailer reversed without noticing me & gifted me a nice dent on the hood.
Civic (my bother's ride) - More than 16 months and still counting without scratches & dents
Old 16th June 2011, 06:13   #203
BHPian

Well my first dent was while reverse parking at around 3000 kms due to misguidance by an RTO parking attendent( remember the advt laga laga kya, ab laga Lolz ), an auto guy around 4500 on the ODO comes and bangs near the front bumper, next again while reversing hit a bike parked within the slot of my car, it was literally invisible, no damage to the car but had to shell out Rs 1100/ for bike repair, around 6000 kms one biker nudges while talking on the cellphone does not realise that he has rear ended me, next while reversing i take a hit on the front bumper, so the sordid story is ongoing i suppose as long as nothing is major with minor blips i get away i am happy Lolz. God forbid i don t make a major mistake, this is my prayer.

Last edited by ukderebail : 16th June 2011 at 06:15. Reason: description
Old 16th June 2011, 10:35   #204
BHPian

When it comes to scratch/dent, I probably will be amongst the few SELECT here to have it '1st day' itself. My Chevy Cruze has a taste of dent when the driver probably hit the door against wall/another car. This is while taking it from dealer basement to the showroom for pooja on auspicious 'Akshay Tritiya'

None the less the dent/scratch was promptly removed at the time of 1st service (as promised).

My Palio (2004) has a dent at about 350Km/1.5month, when I rubbed it against Pillar in company parking slot.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:42   #205
BHPian

After driving my Swift without incident for almost an year, I scratched my front bumper today.
Old 6th April 2012, 21:48   #206
BHPian

I got mine today, 2 infact, exactly 600 kms and 2 weeks after I got my car :(

First one: oncoming speeding auto scraped the right rvm
Second one: was still in a bad mood over the first one, n while parking near home, reversed into a concrete stub that was exactly ine the center, invisible to parking sensors.

I dont think I can sleep tonight :(
Old 6th April 2012, 22:04   #207
BHPian

My Honda-3rd generation was week old,(500km), i was still not accustomed to Honda and in a hurry i forgot to put gear and handbrake and there was a slight slope, went and hit next Ford fiesta after 40 ft. Honda got a nick but fiestas plastic bumper got damaged.After that dent for last 2.5 years only got marks on mirror due to loose chain attached to a matador(coming from opposite direction)
Old 6th April 2012, 22:16   #208
BHPian

Anyone in the forum try not to beat my record. In just 15 mins and within 3 kms after delivery of car.
Was a newbie to driving and misjudged a right turn in one of the non - lit streets and the front bumper left side hit the foot path.
Old 6th April 2012, 23:43   #209
Senior - BHPian

I was praying as well as reversing the car(1 month old) to save time but God did not help seeing the pillar.

Of course, my fault, my fault.

And i never pray these days.
Old 7th April 2012, 07:24   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

My new WagonR,less than 50kms on odo,less than 1week,saw a dent on left hand side passenger gate.Apparently it was handywork of some bike fellow while it was parked outside my clinic. :-(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks