Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2005, 10:05   #46
BHPian

Dateline : 28th September1999

Spaceship : Brand new santro base

Battleground : Nimbus Motors Noida

Scene : The brand new ship is under the command of Commander Arun. This is his first flight as a full command officer. The ship is being reversed. It sees no enemys around. Suddenly there's a huge thud. All panels shriek of a camoflauged attack. Commander Arun check the ship. It came out that a deadly Bajaj Chetak ultra small 2 legged battleship was snoozing in a corner. But Santro ship's advanced safety systems sensed danger and decided to attack the enemy. Enemy was taken unawares and was easily thrown to ground. Fortunately it did not suffer and injuries. The rear of the Santro ship was however badly bruised. Nevermind! The enemy was overtaken and the first battle was won. However, momentarily after this incident, the high command (read my wife) court martialled commander arun and a new pilot (read my freind Gautam) was given command of the ship. Fortnunately the pilot of the deadly Bajaj chetak was off duty at that hour. Sensing this, commander Gautam raced the Santro ship and it flew away from the battleground despite its badly aching rear and hurt ego.

PS: Commander Arun was later reistated on duty after strong warnings. However his service records thereon stay dubious. The battleship santro fought another 4 battles in the next two year. Badly got damaged each time. Each time Commander Arun pleaded 'not guilty'. The argument was that the other party attacked first. Commander Arun however knew that he was lying but he chose to take the unethical but the only way out. General Vandana (my wife) let go of Commander Arun each time with a strong warning (her hands were tied. She had only one commander). General vandana later considered that may be the battleship Santro is not too spacious and powerful for a person of Commander Arun's strature (huh!!!). She included another larger battleship - Hyundai Accent 2002 in the fleet. Sadly, commander Arun's lust for battles continued till General vandana could take no more. She sold both the battleships and completely heartbroken, flew with commander Arun and rookie 'khyati' to another galaxy called Cyprus. After a spot free service record in Cyprus, the whole team is coming back to galaxy india again.

Commander Arun is very exited. He hopes to get an even more powerful ship (a Safari/optra) if general Vandana continues to be gracious enough. India - Get ready for new battles! Aliens are attacking...

(Ooops. Folks, I am ready for the kicks & abuses...you may start shooting....NOW!)
Old 25th November 2005, 11:23   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta

Scene : The brand new ship is under the command of Commander Arun. This is his first flight as a full command officer. The ship is being reversed. It sees no enemys around. Suddenly there's a huge thud. All panels shriek of a camoflauged attack. Commander Arun check the ship. It came out that a deadly Bajaj Chetak ultra small 2 legged battleship was snoozing in a corner. But Santro ship's advanced safety systems sensed danger and decided to attack the enemy. Enemy was taken unawares and was easily thrown to ground. Fortunately it did not suffer and injuries. The rear of the Santro ship was however badly bruised. Nevermind! The enemy was overtaken and the first battle was won. However, momentarily after this incident, the high command (read my wife) court martialled commander arun and a new pilot (read my freind Gautam) was given command of the ship. Fortnunately the pilot of the deadly Bajaj chetak was off duty at that hour. Sensing this, commander Gautam raced the Santro ship and it flew away from the battleground despite its badly aching rear and hurt ego.

PS: Commander Arun was later reistated on duty after strong warnings. However his service records thereon stay dubious. The battleship santro fought another 4 battles in the next two year. Badly got damaged each time. Each time Commander Arun pleaded 'not guilty'. The argument was that the other party attacked first. Commander Arun however knew that he was lying but he chose to take the unethical but the only way out. General Vandana (my wife) let go of Commander Arun each time with a strong warning (her hands were tied. She had only one commander). General vandana later considered that may be the battleship Santro is not too spacious and powerful for a person of Commander Arun's strature (huh!!!). She included another larger battleship - Hyundai Accent 2002 in the fleet. Sadly, commander Arun's lust for battles continued till General vandana could take no more. She sold both the battleships and completely heartbroken, flew with commander Arun and rookie 'khyati' to another galaxy called Cyprus. After a spot free service record in Cyprus, the whole team is coming back to galaxy india again.

Commander Arun is very exited. He hopes to get an even more powerful ship (a Safari/optra) if general Vandana continues to be gracious enough. India - Get ready for new battles! Aliens are attacking...

(Ooops. Folks, I am ready for the kicks & abuses...you may start shooting....NOW!)
hahaha..that was really funny..keep it up aroon..and ya all the best with your gonnabe battles...may you be victorious until ur desires are satisfied and exhausted..
PS: i pity ur cars btw..hehe..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 25th November 2005 at 11:25.
Old 9th December 2005, 16:44   #48
BHPian

The very first day I took out my santro on Delhi roads - got bumped on the front passenger side by a lorry trying to overtake at lajpat nagar flyover.

Had hardly put 500 kms on the speedo :(
Old 9th December 2005, 17:10   #49
BHPian

very good one aroon. mind you, what you have got now is a t90 (safari), this is heavily armored and you need to be extremely cautious. this is many a times as powerful as your previous models you had and a mere tap can cause serious injuries to your enemy.
i hope you call for a ceasefire and make pune a safer place to live.

as far i am concerned, i had mid sized tank from the tata stable (indica), but unfortunately i dint test its capabilities. however i have shot some dummy targets and am paying penalty till now. (hitting against mud pots while taking reverse at my fiancee's house (read enemy's territory)) i was caught redhanded and been kept as a POW till now.
Old 9th December 2005, 17:44   #50
BHPian

i had been driving my ikon 1.6 in the impolite chennai traffic for almost a month without a scratch, but take it to bangalore, the traffic is atleast a bit more sensible (atleast the people are is what i thought), but ended up with a biker scratching the rear right area just behind the door! not a major one, but a scratch nonetheless!!! :(. have got to live with it now.
ak
PS: it had just completed 1700 KMS when it happened
Old 9th December 2005, 20:52   #51
Team-BHP Support

You didn't see my reply AvinashKeezh..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...honkers-2.html
Old 16th December 2005, 18:21   #52
BHPian

Oh the sad day.

Around 2000kms on my then 2 month old Black Optra.
I parked the car in the basement parking of metropolitan mall, gurgaon.
My younger cousin hit the rear bumber on the right while parking my other car (1999 santro) in the parking slot next to the optra.

What do you say to that? Two of my cars hit at the same time and I cant even shout at the kid (he's my younger brother!).

Its not that bad, but the first scratch really hurts, as you would know.
Old 17th December 2005, 16:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Well it depends on what kind of dents you're talking about.

If it's dents in general then i'd say 3000kms.

But, if it's the dents caused when I was behind the wheel then i still have to see one. Yup, off the 45K or so kms i've done on the Vtec, i've never banged or scratched it.

The car does have scratches but, those were either caused when someone else was driving or when the car was parked.

Shan2nu
Thats great. This shows your driving skills and also your luck of not getting banged by others for no mistake of yours
Old 17th December 2005, 16:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroongupta

Hey man, that was real fun reading it. I enjoyed it lot and throughout reading the post
Old 19th December 2005, 22:38   #55
BHPian

At the time my car was delivered to me, there were some repairs being carried out at my house. The workers had left a cement tray (can't think of a better word) in the garage. I scratched the left wheel arch of my week old Swift while parking it. It was not very noticeable. The first real scratch happened just a week ago. A motor cyclist overtaking me from the left a big scratch on my left front door. Just got back my car from the first service today. The guys at RNS Motors, Bangalore have touched up the scratch and its hardly visible now.

The first scratch was the most painful. But I figure if you have to drive in the city (specially bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore), scratches and dents are inevitible.

Last edited by parijnan : 19th December 2005 at 22:39.
Old 20th December 2005, 11:10   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I got my First scratch while washing my car. But that was a very minor one and is not visible so ignore that one. My first real scrtach/dent was at Pasco workshop when a stupid guy started his car without checking it was in neutral or not. At that time my car has done around 9800 kms..
Old 20th December 2005, 13:15   #57
BHPian

The first scratch I got was around 1400 kms by an irresponsible Jeep guy who rammed into my front right door. I was in the process of overtaking a bus and this guy was overtaking me through the outer curve. Surprisingly, he started shouting at me for his act!!!
Old 20th December 2005, 21:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

my car was like a week old and i had parked it outside the apartment where my friend stays. he stays in the 4th floor, When i was leaving say after 5 hours of playnig NFSU i came out to find a big dent on the driver door.. on asking the shop keepers they told that a guy on a kine had skidded and came to a stop after hitting my car.. and he took off after that... talk about caring for other peoples property.. and the best part no one bothered to note down the bikes number also or atlease inform the watchman of the incident.. :(
Old 20th December 2005, 22:27   #59
BHPian

Scratch & Dent on Swift

Hi,

Took the delivery of the Swift ZXi yesterday, went out for a drive today, Was waiting at the red light signal, Before the signal could turn green a truck slowly started creeping through the space on the left side of the car. I heard a slight scraping sound, looked out and found the truck had knocked my left side RVM body color cover, got out and found there was a small dent and scratches just below the RVM.

After a protracted argument/intimidation for about one hour, managed to get the truck driver to pay up 2000.00 Rs. I wonder how much it will take to replace the RVM cover and also to take care of the dent and paint touch up. Anyway, I had planned to get the body side moulding installed. Since the dealer didnt have them in stock, I couldnt have them installed. I guess the body side moulding would have taken care of the dent/scratch. Will be taking it to the Maruti Workshop to get it fixed tomorrow. I think Insurance should be able to take care of this expense

I guess, this is the price one has to pay for the pleasure of driving in Bombay.
Old 21st December 2005, 11:30   #60
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buckle...d=1#post154542

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks