Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2012, 23:02   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spooky Experiences : Share them here

OK friends here is one experience I would like to share with you all. It is not even remotely spooky. But yeah it borders on Paranormal (if the meaning of that word is something that is beyond Normal occurances). Something that I haven't been able to explain till now.

Now before getting into the incidence, a small brief about my beliefs. I am what you can call maybe and agnostic. However an opportunistic believer would be a more apt word. I dont believe in supernatural and believe most of these paranormal activities can be explained within the realm of scienc provided they are studied properly. Maybe not today, but one day science will have answer to most our paranormal queries including the all important GOD.

Anyways this one incident was something that has perplexed me for long. I have heard people having similar experiences, never thought I would be one to share it.

But before I start, let me put a disclaimer, this is NOT a spooky or ghostly experience just something that I felt cannot be explained within the realms of normalcy.

Well it was my cousin's wedding and we had all gathered at our Native Place for the occasion. Unfortunately, I was having a bad time as I suddenly fell sick. I was running high fever (approx 102 F) despite taking 2 crocins since morning and was contemplating going to hospital. My whole body was aching too and I even had mild shivering.

My cousin is a spiritual sort of guy and had a spirtual Guru even. This Guru of his was not a very old man but a pretty young guy himself. He had accompanied my cousin for his wedding. Seeing my condition, my cousin asked him to just see me.

I was not very interested in it as I am someone who doesn't believe in all these. However, the person called me and since I didn't want to be rude, I agreed and went. He looked into my eyes, held my hands and said, ''Badan mein bahut kapkapi hain, bahut bechain ho''
(there is lot of restlessness in body.)
He asked me to calm down and close my eyes.
I did as he said. He pressed his hands on my forehead and just massaged lightly for 10 seconds and said, ''sab theek ho gaya, aankhein kholo''
(every thing is OK now open your eyes)

I was shocked out of my wits. The head ache and body ache had gone, suddenly there was no sign of fever too. I who could barely sit moments before, was as fresh as ever now. No matter how much I wanted to disbelieve, my illness had miraculously disappeared. I tried to find a lot of Logic in what happened that day, but I couldn't. May be the crocin decided to work suddenly, who knows. But why at that very instant? I never found answer to that.

Years have passed since that incident and I still am no believer as I feel there must be some scientific logic behind that occurance, which today I dont know. Maybe in future.

Sorry for going OT. But I thought to share this here since this was one incident that I believe bordered on paranormal/supernatural as there does'nt seem to be a logical explanation of the same.

Last edited by vibbs : 27th November 2012 at 23:15.
Old 28th November 2012, 13:52   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Please quote me when you put the updates. I am so scared stiff of these things that I have to read every bit of it.

And to think I always looked at Talegaon as a peaceful place where one could go find a tree to sit under and read a book. Now all the time will be spent just looking at the darned tree!
Sure selfdrive will quote you when I post next. Talegaon is one of my favourite places to be at when I look at getting some peace of mind, but I reckon these places are getting harder to find as days pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I did as he said. He pressed his hands on my forehead and just massaged lightly for 10 seconds and said, ''sab theek ho gaya, aankhein kholo''
(every thing is OK now open your eyes)

I was shocked out of my wits. The head ache and body ache had gone, suddenly there was no sign of fever too. I who could barely sit moments before, was as fresh as ever now. No matter how much I wanted to disbelieve, my illness had miraculously disappeared.
That is amazing, you must have felt wonderful and charged post the healing.
These are what are popularly known as healers, yes we are still way behind in terms of our understanding how it works.
These people usually possess extreme control over the sub-conscious mind and are able to assimilate energy existing around us to focus where they want it to in a positive manner usually for healing purposes.
I have seen this in TV shows but it was really amazing to hear a first hand account.

Cheers!
Old 28th November 2012, 17:34   #258
BHPian

Spooky! Heres something that might interest us!
Got this on FB.

Mods, if not appropriate, please feel free to delete this.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:48   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I thought its multiple personality disorder as well, but certain things like speaking a different language that to fluently is what had amazed me .

About the second incident, nope none of us even dared to move. More so because there are 4 hostel buildings and in the center is an open area, the hostel buildings get locked down at about 12 in the night and hence we couldn't go there even if we wanted to.
It is multiple personality disorder. The person can acquire any skill that was exposed to him/her in the past. The point is, our mind is not equipped to just hear and pick up languages as and when we hear it. But the subconscious mind is one step ahead, and can remember anything heard or seen before and reproduce it.
If you research about this, that people either speak a new language which they have not spoken before, but they have heard spoken before, or they say some complete mumbo jumbo, not any language.
Which is also why you wouldnt hear anybody assume a Greek personality in Kerala. It is one of the neighboring languages or any language they have been exposed to, like Hindi or English.
By the way, a variation of this is the basis of the 90's Malayalam movie Manichitrathazhu, which was copied into Chandramukhi (Tamil), Apta Mitra( Kannnada), Bhool Bhulayya (Hindi) and Rajmohol ( Bengali) in the 2000s.

About the second incident, I still do not get the point that you guys were 14 in number, and did not try to put out the fire. You were in a (boys) hostel, couldnt call for backup with mobile phones ? To me it looks like a nicely pulled prank, especially because of the hostel backdrop.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:53   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
OK friends here is one experience I would like to share with you all. It is not even remotely spooky. But yeah it borders on Paranormal (if the meaning of that word is something that is beyond Normal occurances). Something that I haven't been able to explain till now.
Sorry for going OT. But I thought to share this here since this was one incident that I believe bordered on paranormal/supernatural as there does'nt seem to be a logical explanation of the same.
Nice to know you did not make him God and start worshipping him. We have too many people who are made Gods already.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:56   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post

About the second incident, I still do not get the point that you guys were 14 in number, and did not try to put out the fire. You were in a (boys) hostel, couldnt call for backup with mobile phones ? To me it looks like a nicely pulled prank, especially because of the hostel backdrop.
While i agree with the possibility of the first being a multiple personality disorder, for the second incident you really have to get in our shoes to understand our perspective at that point of time. We were in no mood for an investigation for sure so calling for backup was kinda not happening. Well it could have been a prank, if i think about it now there is a huge possibility of it being a prank. However it still does not answer why there was no residue left in the morning.

P.S. thought of writing the response in this post itself than creating a new one, the prankster could not have cleared up the mess before we got up because around 4 of us were the first to get out and check the place at 6 A.M. in the morning and that is when the hostel gates would open up.

Last edited by Enigmatic : 28th November 2012 at 18:07.
Old 28th November 2012, 17:59   #262
BHPian

^^^ Oh, thats the simplest part... The pranksters cleared up all the residue while you guys were sleeping.
Old 28th November 2012, 23:37   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashokrajagopal View Post
Nice to know you did not make him God and start worshipping him. We have too many people who are made Gods already.

Hahahaha when I m not convinced about the existence of God, how can I make someone god and start worshiping him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
These people usually possess extreme control over the sub-conscious mind and are able to assimilate energy existing around us to focus where they want it to in a positive manner usually for healing purposes.
I have seen this in TV shows but it was really amazing to hear a first hand account.
Cheers!
Yeah I ve heard about them too. Always thought they were cooked up stories, before experiencing one myself. As I said I dont know how it works, but I am sure there would be some scientific explanation to it. Like you said channeling energy in the right direction and something of that sort. After all everything is just energy manifested right?

Waves of sound fed into your ears at right frequency and wavelength can go a long way in altering your state of mind. So I am of the opinion that although today science doesn't know much about it, but one day more studies would be done and it would be proved to the world that these are not random healings of a GOD but a perfectly scientific occurance which can be very well explained within the realms of scientific knowledge.
Old 7th December 2012, 17:25   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Will update more on what happened next, and this time soon!

Cheers!
Waiting eagerly for next post need any help in editing the next scene
Old 7th December 2012, 20:30   #265
BHPian

Scene 5, here goes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg220 View Post
What happened next ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Please quote me when you put the updates. I am so scared stiff of these things that I have to read every bit of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Waiting eagerly for next post need any help in editing the next scene
Quote:
Will update more on what happened next, and this time soon!
Well, after that night and hearing what the neighbours had to say, my parents at least stopped saying that I was imagining things. And anyway when they used to say I had my own point to ask them - mostly being

- Can anyone explain why all the "locked" doors start creaking every night only post 11pm, if there was any problem with the doors it should creak all day/night. And mind you all of the doors and windows were solid wood.

Post the last incident, one of my best friends was visiting us and my sisters recounted my nights of soulful presence, now this guy ain't no braveheart and he cut short his trip to my house to 3 days from a previously planned week.

The things again rolled back to normal - creaking was normal to us - and then

One quiet winter evening we all retired from our daily schedule (at around 10pm), earlier than other days as there was nothing interesting going on TV and my dad had to leave for Mumbai the next morning taking the Deccan Queen.
I am enjoying my kayanis and cheeselings, people please don't think I am a couch potato, I am quiet fit in fact

Time is now 1045pm, I can still hear my parents and sisters talking while I watch TV and then suddenly there is super loud BANG.

I got a shock, felt like somebody slammed the door and the sound came from above - where both the bedrooms were.

I crept towards the marble stairway and looked up, expecting to see someone outside, there was a washroom as well which was outside the bedrooms, now I could still hear my parents talking normally - which made me wonder - didn't they hear this??
My sisters had stopped talking, slowly I went up the stairs and checked the bathroom door, locked from outside!

I came back down and sat on the last step still wondering what on earth happened.
Then I saw my sisters looking down from top - peeping from their bedroom door, in a hushed voice they asked me whether I had heard the door slam, I told them yes I had, they told me that they did as well - which was not surprising as I knew it was a loud one, what they told next gave me the creeps.

They said it was their 'closed' door which had slammed or banged or whatever!

They were lying down and chatting with each other, while facing the door and then suddenly they found the door shuddering as if someone had given it a huge kick. They thought maybe I was playing a prank on them and they were too scared to come out for some time.

By now, my parents came out and asked what was going on, we told them, this time I wasn't the only one, wonder of wonders my parents had not heard a single thing.
Neither did they open their door or balcony door or use the washroom
Our pet Jeannie did not bark or react as well! Even though the BANG was loud enough to wake your neighbours.

Now my sisters were totally freaked out and decided that there was no way they were going to be sleeping alone in that bedroom and I was ordered to leave the comforts of the hall (TV, snacks over) and move up with my sisters.

That was the last time anyone of us ever came down to the hall after nightfall

Cheers,
Old 7th December 2012, 20:39   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Cheers,
Man! I would have been scared to death by such events. Read your posts few days back and have been checking for updates every day. Please dont keep us waiting like this!

OT - Nice way of writing!
Old 7th December 2012, 21:06   #267
BHPian

We daily drive through the NH 23 which connects Ranchi - Dhanbad via Bokaro. There is a 2 km stretch in that 11 kms (between the city and my home) which is surrounded by sparse jungle, 0 inhabitants on one side and A fairly large missionary school (In which i did my schooling) and a Govt. polytechnic college along that stretch on the other side of the road which remain completely barren after the school/college hours. Now this stretch is ill famed for ghosts and witches, about whom people talk very often. Ironically lots of major accidents happen along this stretch and recently a truck was toppled down, as it fell on the left hand side. There was no reason for the accident other than stupidity of the driver. There is a rumor that a girl/lady in white attire keeps roaming after midnight around the road in that area.

I had this experience on 6th December 2012 @ 12.30 AM.

I was going to receive dad who had come to the bus stand. The bus stand is in the city and 11 kms away from our home, which is a kind of sub-urb. During the day or any other time, when I am accompanied by anyone, I care about nothing and hardly remember the rumor. But this time I was driving all alone @ 12.30 midnight in a chilly winter night. When I crossed the school, the ghost/witch rumor hit my mind and within few seconds I saw a white reflection standing on the left of the road which seemed of 3-4 feet high and 150-160 meters away.

I felt everything within me froze for couple of seconds. I was tensed and had Imagined hundreds of consequences in those few seconds itself. I increased the speed, remembered God and kept moving and around 80 meters before the reflection, I realized that it was a milestone which i see everyday. A felt a great sense of relief. It was high enough and was recently painted with white reflective paint. All of this combined with the rumor, forced me to think for couple of seconds that there is someone standing beside the road in a white shimmering attire.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 7th December 2012 at 21:11.
Old 7th December 2012, 23:56   #268
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Working the graveyard shift for last 10 years, I've had my fair share of eeks and ***'s. This one time the we took off from work at around 2 am in office cab. A lady and I and the driver. The driver felt sleepy and I voted to drive since there was no reason to wait for another cab to rescue. So this is a pretty beaten up Sumo and we took the infamous pahari wali road in bonta near north campus, delhi. This one goes in front of the Bara Hindu Rao govt. hospital which also is the morgue where unclaimed bodies are kept.

So the driver is asleep, the lady in the middle seat and I are talking and when we reach the front of the morgue, we see a guy crouching in the middle of the road which his head hidden in his knees. This is ofcourse in the middle of the road which is in middle of the jungle. So I honk, he doesn't move. I yell at him, he doesn't budge. I swerved around and as soon as I pass him, I stop. For some unknown reason, I get out and check on him and he is gone. All in a matter of seconds. He didn't just walk away up or down the road because it was WELL illuminated. He didn't jump in the bushes because there a 15 feet high chainlink fence bent inwards and no there were no holes.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=bon...04823&t=h&z=18
Old 10th December 2012, 17:36   #269
BHPian

Hi Trojan, please find my comments inline.

Quote:
Scene 5, here goes...

- Can anyone explain why all the "locked" doors start creaking every night only post 11pm, if there was any problem with the doors it should creak all day/night. And mind you all of the doors and windows were solid wood.

How about a strong gust of wind that regularly flows in at night... ?

This is the part that freaks me out. The idea that something spooky happened in the house you live in, and you guys are all leaving it at that.
Why dont you invite a couple of friends who are secure enough with their senses and have a night over ? I dont remember completely, but I guess everytime a spooky thing happens, you are watching TV. Why dont you dedicate one night to figure this thing out.. ?

Cheers,
Old 10th December 2012, 17:37   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I felt everything within me froze for couple of seconds. I was tensed and had Imagined hundreds of consequences in those few seconds itself. I increased the speed, remembered God and kept moving and around 80 meters before the reflection, I realized that it was a milestone which i see everyday. A felt a great sense of relief. It was high enough and was recently painted with white reflective paint. All of this combined with the rumor, forced me to think for couple of seconds that there is someone standing beside the road in a white shimmering attire.
So, now we at least know what ghosts on the highway really are.

Most Viewed