Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2012, 11:33   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
No need to upload anything on the passport site.

To know when the appointment slots open, just try to book an appointment now, and the error message will show you the date and time when it will be available next.
Thanks. The slot opens at 3 PM, it seems for Lower Parel PSK.
I will try and report on success/ failure.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:50   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I applied for passport renewal from the same locality. The police station is HSR layout police station. And yes, this area is classified under Bangalore Rural.

Between, where in Kasavanahalli?
Hi Benbsb29,

Thanks for the info. I stay at Silverwood. What about you? How long did your renewal take?
Old 12th December 2012, 12:34   #948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Hi Benbsb29,

Thanks for the info. I stay at Silverwood. What about you? How long did your renewal take?
My renewal took about 40 days, in normal mode.
I stay down the road at Symphony.
Old 12th December 2012, 13:12   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
My renewal took about 40 days, in normal mode.
I stay down the road at Symphony.
Gr8 to connect with a friendly neighborhood bhpian fella. Hope to catchup sometime.

I'm hitting the submit button now, let's see how long it takes. :-)

-Nitin
Old 12th December 2012, 17:39   #950
Senior - BHPian

I'm in the same area, Sarjapur road, need to renew my passport, add my wifes name and apply for wifes and kids passport. I shall start gathering documents now and ofcourse, going back on this thread to find out some facts and experiences.
Old 13th December 2012, 10:54   #951
AJo
BHPian

Need some advice on the submission of Annexure "L" for applying for a re-issue in lieu of a 'damaged passport'. (from people who have done this before)

The website has a format for the Annexure "L" which has 6 points of which only one applies to me. (i.e. Pt.1 - State how & when passport was damaged).

My question is:
Do I copy the Annexure "L" as it is & only put in my answer for Pt.1 (which applies to me) & put in "Not Applicable" or "No" as the case may be for Pts. 2 to 6?

Thank you,
AJ
Old 13th December 2012, 11:45   #952
Senior - BHPian

For addition of my wife's name in my passport, Document Advisor has indicated the following two options:

An attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage
OR
A joint affidavit from husband and wife along with a joint photograph, (Specimen at Annexure 'D') When joint affidavit is not possible the affidavit should indicate the reason for it.The change in the first name amounts to a substantial name change and the regular procedure for name change should apply.

I will probably go with the affidavit option - Rs 250 is the all inclusive charge that my advocate has quoted.

But I am curious to know what is the procedure for "attested copy of marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriage".

My marriage certificate was not in English, so will I ever have an option to get attestation done in future?
Old 13th December 2012, 14:47   #953
NMS
BHPian

Hi All,

Just been to Pune's Passport office today for the renewal process. Was highly impressed with the way things are being handled now at the PSK.

However, ran into a small issue, for ECNR, I was not carrying a valid educational certificate and the Document advisor also does not have any mention about it.

So as of now I have to go again tomorrow morning, with the relevant documents. My file is currently on hold and I do not need to book another appointment for this.

Pardon if the information has already been shared earlier.
Old 13th December 2012, 15:05   #954
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Hi All,

Just been to Pune's Passport office today for the renewal process. Was highly impressed with the way things are being handled now at the PSK.
Since I have never been there - Is it possible to get an affidavit done, outside the premises at the Pune PSK? Does it have the standard lawyers/notarys etc hanging outside to provide such services?

Thanks,
AJ
Old 13th December 2012, 15:12   #955
Senior - BHPian

Update from my side.
My first appointment booking attempt has been unsuccessful.
I was ready at 2:45 on my laptop. At 3 PM, the slots opened and site became slow (but not as slow as IRCTC).
Then I got an opportunity to book a slot. But guess what the date give to me was 28 December 2012.

I was under the impression that the slots open two days before the date of form submission.
So, I was hoping that I would get a slot for this Saturday (not sure if PSK works on Saturday).

But when I was presented 28 December, I was surprised. I had to check my calendar and see I can make it to Mumbai on that day.

This resulted in about 10-15 seconds of delay. I switched back to my browser and selected the 11-11:15 slot and entered the CAPTCHA again.
However, I think by that time all slots were booked and I got a failure message.

The time was 3:01 PM. So, everything gets over in the first minute itself.
This is the 'baap' of all online booking. Being fast is not good enough now!

Bottom line is that we should accept any date/ time that comes up and just confirm the booking blindly.

Or perhaps there is a better way?

Now, I will try again at 3 PM tomorrow.
Old 13th December 2012, 18:58   #956
NMS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
Since I have never been there - Is it possible to get an affidavit done, outside the premises at the Pune PSK? Does it have the standard lawyers/notarys etc hanging outside to provide such services?

Thanks,
AJ

Yes they do, Right opposite the gate of the passport office. There are quite a few.
Old 13th December 2012, 19:15   #957
Team-BHP Support

My question is not exactly on passport application procedure. Just want to know if it’s ok to travel with a passport with less than 6 months validity?

My wife and daughter travelled to India a couple of weeks back (from Singapore), and my girl’s passport is valid until Mid-June 2013. If travel with passport validity of less than 6 months is not permitted, I will have to do the renewal application in Kerala. But if she can travel back with the existing passport (in January), I will prefer to do the renewal here in Singapore (since the process is very simple and lesser paper work).

Appreciate if I can get some inputs on this… Thank you!
Old 13th December 2012, 21:42   #958
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you a PR or EP holder? Either way they shouldn't have a problem entering Singapore. It's the annoying guys at Indian immigration that may cause an issue. Generally the 6 month validity rule is for short term visitors only.
Old 13th December 2012, 21:53   #959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Are you a PR or EP holder? Either way they shouldn't have a problem entering Singapore. It's the annoying guys at Indian immigration that may cause an issue. Generally the 6 month validity rule is for short term visitors only.
Thanks. All 3 of us are PR here in Singapore. Yeah I am worried about the immigration folks in Cochin airport. Will it be worth checking with the airlines folks (Silkair)?
Old 14th December 2012, 09:35   #960
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMS View Post
Yes they do, Right opposite the gate of the passport office. There are quite a few.
Thank you! Appreciate your help.
AJ

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks