Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 14:01   #2161
BHPian

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

There is an option to change appointments in PSK. Why not try it out and see? I have rescheduled appointments but it was never after the actual appointment. So not completely sure
Old 15th November 2016, 09:38   #2162
BHPian

Thank you everyone for your response,really appreciate the same.

I have taken appointment for the 29th, i was going through the document advisor and it said for Non ecr they need school certificate as a proof, now my mom has her 12th certificate,however her name and surname is different then her current one,my dad passed away long back and we do not have any further documents like marriage certificate etc mainly cause in those times nobody really bothered about the same.

Now my query is should i require a affidavit stating that the person mentioned in the school certificate and the one now is the same?As the passport office is like 60kms away from where we stay i want to make this a one time trip and ensure its done.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:14   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
my mom has her 12th certificate,however her name and surname is different then her current one
Dont know your situation completely but will it be a problem for you to take the passport in her maiden name as in the school certificate? My wife's passport is in her maiden name and we have traveled many times and also renewed twice and not had an issue due to this. Advantage is we have maintained a bank account in her maiden name, so address proof was taken care that way. Path of least resistance atleast in my case.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:34   #2164
BHPian

I think there is a bug in the website. No matter what is the reason for getting a passport (except new issuance), the website by default checks the Non ECR flag while selecting the reasons for the passport renewal. I too had the same issue and took my 10th marksheet with me but they never asked for it. I then explicitly asked about the Non ECR part and they again replied in negative. ECR is generally required for people who have not even completed 10th IIRC, but that is not the case here. Also do check if the stamp is there in her old passport. If it isn't, there is nothing to worry about IMHO.

However, just to be safe, I would suggest you take the 12th marksheet and your parents marriage certificate, if available. That should suffice if they ask for any document around Non ECR but apart from that I really doubt anything else will be required. If at all they ask for something more, you can just walk in the next day and submit it.

Also another thing you can do is, you can check the list of documents required for Non ECR check. The list is different for each category of people.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:43   #2165
BHPian

Thanks guys!
I checked her passport it has no ecr stamp anywhere.
Unfortunately my mom do-sent have a marriage certificate.
At the moment am thinking of making a affidavit stating the person in the mark-sheet and the one now are the same,i would just keep this as a back up incase they raise the objection saying the marksheet has a different surname.

Worst case scenario if incase some document is required and we dont have it can we submit it the next day or we have to again take a fresh appointment and go through the whole process.
Old 15th November 2016, 14:09   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys!
Worst case scenario if incase some document is required and we dont have it can we submit it the next day or we have to again take a fresh appointment and go through the whole process.
As per my experience you should be able to go the next day without having to take a fresh appointment but please check on the walk-in timings at your PSK. Also just mention at the counter that this is a follow up and not a new appointment. They will issue you a token accordingly.
Old 15th November 2016, 14:59   #2167
BANNED

I went to Kanpur PSK today. Fantastic experience. I had a noon appointment with 11:45 reporting time. I reached the place at about 11:35. Went in and the chap checked the papers, and asked my to contact the APO (mine was a loss passport). He initialed the receipt, and the the process started. To cut a long story short at 12:10 I got am sms that the passport was through. In 15 minutes I got another sms that the Passport was in the printing queue. There was a massive crowd (almost all from the minority community).

Hats off and I salute them.
Old 24th November 2016, 11:59   #2168
BHPian

Guys,

Need some info. I applied for a passport renewal in Tatkal on 9th this month and got it delivered on 10th but as known, the police verification was Post issuance. Now I did get an sms from the local Police station and completed the verification as well.

I got an sms early this week stating that Police Commissioner's office is yet to finalize the report, and that I should visit the local police station for more details. I went to the local police station yesterday to enquire and see if there was anything pending at my end but the cop available told me that this is a message which signifies that their report has been sent to the Police Commissioner's office and is pending at their end.

I understand there is no way to track/follow up on this but I am a little restless because I need to know if the passport at present is valid/active and can be used for travel. Any pointers will help
Old 24th November 2016, 22:17   #2169
BHPian

Delay in passport.
I have applied for renewal of passport during camp at Karwar . All the documents were verified. It was on 22 September. Till now the status on the webpage says "Passport under review at RPO Bangalore". Anybody has such experience? Nowadays passports are issued within days and all..
Old 25th November 2016, 11:09   #2170
BANNED

My passport renewal saga is coming to an end. Some may recall that I had lost/dropped my Passport in Thimphu in late October. I had complained to the local police and got the complaint duly acknowledge. The following day, using my contacts I managed to get the Embassy to issue me with travel papers allowing me to fly back on the 24th October.

The I had to do the following:
1. Get a notarized affidavit on the format in Annexure L on the PP site.
2. Fill in the form and submit it on-line. It seems that the Mac could not generate the xml from the pdf so I had to use my Windows system. No indication naywhere on Acrobat Pro.
3. Deposit ₹3000 on line. Small issue when the SBI site did not revert me to the Passport site, and did not complete that part of the transaction. Got the thing automatically in the night (of 8/11 fame). Printed out the appointment slip.
4. Went to the PSK on the 15th, reaching about 10 minutes before the reporting time (11:45). So entered at 11:35am.
5. Was allowed in immediately. The reception guy was confused (not surprised) and asked me to get the appointment initialed by the APO. After all the original police complaint was with the embassy in Thimphu. Took all of five minutes.
6. Went into the system, Counter A (about 10-15 minutes). The lady checked with her colleague and I overheard her saying, once the Embassy letter is there rest is irrelevant. Also checked my Aadhar. It turned out they did get the verification from the UIDAI. sms & e-mail to me informing me of it. I did pay the ₹40 for the alert service.
7. Counter B, the chap was quite friendly and we were chatting about various things. When my name was not called for some time he send his 'chela' to check, and in the meanwhile I got an sms that the passport was approved. Time B]12:10pm[/b]. The chela came back with the sheet of approval. No counter C for me.
8. Before I reached home, I get the next sms that the passport was in the queue for printing.
9. Th next day, I get an e-mail that it has been printed, and will be dispatched after checking, lamination, and binding.
10. Today there is an sms that it has been sent by Speedpost.

Quite amazing: Total time in the PSK 35 minutes from entry to approval. Almost, beyond belief. Very courteous and decent behaviour. And the place was crowded, with many folk from the minority community, most of them were not English speaking. Many ladies may not even appear to be educated.

Even when I took the old (now lost) PP in 2013 I took over and hour and half. Yes, India moves. Thanks MMS & Sushma.

Last edited by sgiitk : 25th November 2016 at 11:16.
Old 25th November 2016, 13:37   #2171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
My passport renewal saga is coming to an end. Some may recall that I had lost/dropped my Passport in Thimphu in late October.
Even when I took the old (now lost) PP in 2013 I took over and hour and half. Yes, India moves. Thanks MMS & Sushma.
I second that since I went through a tough time in June, when I lost my passport with some other stuff on arrival to Frankfurt since I had put it in a bag and the bag was misplaced/stolen when I was boarding a train.

To put it in short, I got a police report filed in Frankfurt the following day and that took only half hour from entry to exit from police station along with a visit to the site. Next, one tweet to Mrs. Sushma led to the embassy in Berlin calling me on a sunday within ten minutes of the tweet. Since this was not under their jurisdiction they immediately forwarded details to the consulate in Frankfurt.

The people from Frankfurt consulate again called within five minutes of ending the call with Berlin and instructed me to visit the consulate the next day. There I got an emergency certificate done without hassle and I could stay in Germany for the rest of my Visa tenure without issues. Thankfully I had a copy of the passport and visa with me which helped a lot. I could even travel to Spain since I had to take part in a crucial vehicle test there through air with the same documents. This was the reason I opted to get the EC done immediately.

Back in India, it was only the Immigration guys who took a really long time like 2hrs to just cancel the EC and take a written statement from me. There were a bunch of a dozen people who were just sitting and watching while one senior guy was processing all these cases. The rest were just chit chatting or discussing some money matters Wanted to blast them after a tiring flight and no sleep, but I just wanted to get out of there.

I too got the affidavit done and my time in the passport seva kendra was just 45mins, which I thought would be more. Due to the lost issue, I had to go from A>B>C and then the Assistant Passport officer too, but no one seemed to be interested in enquiring about the incident surprisingly. Quite a change since my earlier passport in 2014 took from 11AM in the morning to 3PM to come out of the PSK with all clear documents and no discrepancies anywhere.
Old 25th November 2016, 14:39   #2172
BANNED

@audioholic; I your case since a visa was required the travel documents had to be more 'formal'. In my case since Bhutan and India have Visa free travel things were even easier. If I had my Voter ID then after the Police Report I could have just taken the flight on the basis of the ID. Yes, I did have a photocopy of the passport on me.

I have held passports continuously since 1973 and being at IITK (from 1977 to 2014) things were easier in 2013. However, the chap insisted on a police verification (post PP issue) even though I should have been exempted, being a senior citizen. So I had to pay the 'sewa shulk' of 500 as well.

Great that you also had an easy time. In my case also the longest time taken was by the Immigration chap at Kolkata. All of about 15 minutes though. He called his boss, who took on look at me, and asked him to clear it.
Old 28th November 2016, 15:28   #2173
BANNED

Finally got my Passport. I applied on the 8th Nov, PSK appointment and visit on the 15th, and it came today. Lost passport case, so out of the normal channel. I still remember when even two months was considered fast.
Old 28th November 2016, 15:44   #2174
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you everyone for your response,really appreciate the same.

I have taken appointment for the 29th, i was going through the document advisor and it said for Non ecr they need school certificate as a proof, now my mom has her 12th certificate,however her name and surname is different then her current one,my dad passed away long back and we do not have any further documents like marriage certificate etc mainly cause in those times nobody really bothered about the same.

Now my query is should i require a affidavit stating that the person mentioned in the school certificate and the one now is the same?As the passport office is like 60kms away from where we stay i want to make this a one time trip and ensure its done.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
I had a similar issue with my mother in law's passport. She applied for a passport for the first time recently, a few months after my father in law had passed away. The PSK staff at document verification stage asked for her marriage certificate , which she did not have . The same reason as yours, those days legally registerered marriage certificates were not that common.

However the PSK staff asked for the death certificate as an alternate which we had, so there was no further hassle.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by TKMCE : 28th November 2016 at 15:45.
Old 28th November 2016, 15:52   #2175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKMCE View Post
The PSK staff at document verification stage asked for her marriage certificate ...However the PSK staff asked for the death certificate as an alternate which we had, so there was no further hassle
Wow, if they couldn't recognize a marriage due to lack of marriage certificate, how can a death certificate make up for it? Seems strange but if it worked, great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks