Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2018, 17:53   #11281
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Considering there is 80% chances of rain tomorrow as per the weather forecast, Cummins might have played a match saving innings here.

Hope the poor decision of not enforcing the follow on doesn't come back and bite us in the rear tomorrow.

Last edited by Oxy : 29th December 2018 at 17:55.
Old 29th December 2018, 18:22   #11282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Considering there is 80% chances of rain tomorrow as per the weather forecast, Cummins might have played a match saving innings here.

Hope the poor decision of not enforcing the follow on doesn't come back and bite us in the rear tomorrow.
The forecasts have changed and have reduced probability of rain now, touchwood.
Old 29th December 2018, 19:24   #11283
Senior - BHPian

Getting little annoyed with Pant's constant bickering behind stumps. Even Paine seems to have taken it too far. Its useless batter and un-interesting too. Not sure how being in the team for short time, he has assumed that role.
Old 30th December 2018, 05:39   #11284
Team-BHP Support

It's raining cats, dogs and kangaroos in Melbourne.
Old 30th December 2018, 06:47   #11285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
It's raining cats, dogs and kangaroos in Melbourne.
Yup. Michael Clarke must be laughing away to glory, part one of his (wishful) prediction at end of day 3 is coming true; when he said that irrespective of how many runs the lower half of India adds to the score, this match was an Indian win for sure. The only scenario that Australia could come up top is with rain, and he was sure the Australian team will make sure to bring their best to the Sydney match and make it a 2-1 victory.

It seems a very gloomy scenario for thr Indian team. And I expect a lot of backlash on this thread over the next few hours as the rain progresses
Old 30th December 2018, 07:11   #11286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

It seems a very gloomy scenario for thr Indian team. And I expect a lot of backlash on this thread over the next few hours as the rain progresses
Well the covers are coming off. I guess this (the rain) is in India's favour. It has taken off some time from the match to thwart any hopes of Australia scoring the remaining 140 runs. But India still gets time to pick up 2 wickets.

Edit: Ominous sign for India. Australia needs 139 runs and Ishant' s figure now in this innings is 1-39!!

Last edited by vibbs : 30th December 2018 at 07:30.
Old 30th December 2018, 12:00   #11287
Distinguished - BHPian

Great win for India. Everything fell in place for India in this match right from winning the toss, to the openers putting up a decent start, the big guns - Pujara and Kohli getting runs to all the bowlers chipping in with wickets including Jadeja.

2-1 up and only the Sydney Test to go. There won't be a better chance to come away with a test series victory in Australia. India traditionally plays 2 spinners at Sydney. With all three quicks getting wickets and bowling well, it will a tough call to drop one of them to make way for a spinner. I would love to see Kuldeep playing at Sydney. I think Ashwin is done for the series.
Old 30th December 2018, 12:11   #11288
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Great win in the end and the rain gods could not save Australia from defeat
Despite the Indian dominance on Day 1 and 2, and most part of Day 3, the last session did go in Australia's favour and Pat Cummins heroics on Day 4 and rain scare on Day 5 could not save the test for them. India deserved to win this, just hope Sydney will be a happy hunting ground again - 3-1 victory in Australia would be nice and something to cherish for long
Old 30th December 2018, 12:37   #11289
Team-BHP Support

Well played India. Choosing a sensible playing 11, openers doing better, field placements etc were better so well done Kohli.
Ishant for Ashwin in Sydney? Or will Pandya play as the 3rd seamer somehow?
Old 30th December 2018, 13:48   #11290
BHPian

Great win for the Indian team. I would have loved to beat a full strength Australian team but you can only beat what you're up against.

For the Sydney test, I think we will see Pandya and Ashwin (or Kuldeep) coming in to the team with Ishant and Rohit making way. I'm not sure if we will see Shaw come in but I wouldn't be surprised if Vihari made way for Shaw since his bowling services also may not be required (assuming we play Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja, Ashwin and Pandya)
Old 30th December 2018, 14:16   #11291
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Ishant for Ashwin in Sydney? Or will Pandya play as the 3rd seamer somehow?
If it was upto me then none of them.

Just replace Ishant with Kuldeep and Rohit or Vihari with Bhuvneshwar Kumar from the current eleven. That gives us 2 spinners on a tradationally spin friendly pitch and decent batting depth as well.

Pandya is a mediocre bits and pieces hack. Bhuvi over him any day of the week especially for tests.
Old 30th December 2018, 16:03   #11292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
...I'm not sure if we will see Shaw come in but I wouldn't be surprised...
Shaw is in Bangalore in rehab and training at NCA. Unlikely he'll be rushed in for the 4th Test.
Old 30th December 2018, 17:39   #11293
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Just hope Indian Team doesn't lose focus & concentrates on winning the series now. Traditionally Sydney assists the spinners but whether it should warrant 2 spinners in the XI is debatable. With so many left handers in the Australian lineup & with possible footmarks outside the left handers off stump, Jadeja should be enough since nobody has any clue about Ashwin's fitness.
Rohit Sharma it seems is the lucky charm for us in this series.
Old 30th December 2018, 21:16   #11294
BHPian

Going by history that the SCG assists spinners, the Indian team should be doubly careful to negotiate Nathan Lyon. He has had his fair share of success against this Indian team. The toss would be very crucial.

Last edited by swissknife : 30th December 2018 at 21:18.
Old 30th December 2018, 23:11   #11295
Senior - BHPian

Great win. 2 spinners are a must for Sydney. Ishant should be rested as he looks really tired now. Ashwin /kuldeep for him. Rest I won't tinker with anyone. Even Rohit was alrite this match and we need batting depth. Pandya/bhuvi have no match practice so should not be played in a series decider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks