Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2019, 09:39   #11581
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

A heartwarming rebuilding effort by Shankar and Rayudu (97 run partnership for the fifth wicket) just thrown to the winds thanks to a stupid run out. In all fairness, Shankar has only himself to blame. Hoping Jadhav provides the required support to Rayudu to see this innings through.
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:07   #11582
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
In all fairness, Shankar has only himself to blame.
Absolutely! Though Rayudu hesitated just a bit, he did scamper to the other end while Vijay kept looking at the fielder and just stopped in his tracks mid way down the pitch
Hope we end with a respectable and defendable total around 225-250.
Old 3rd February 2019, 10:43   #11583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
That's my worry now...
Nothing to worry. Greenish pitches like the one in Antigua are becoming increasingly rare and will soon vanish thanks to them being TV-unfriendly. Masses want to see flat track bullies like our team hit thru the line and pile up the runs with lots of 4s and 6s and use bowlers like tissue paper.

That's why i enjoyed watching the Windies pace battery so much. Such beautiful bounce, swing and tough tough conditions even on a 3rd day for batsmen to even survive a few overs. This is what test match is all about - seperate the men from boys. Just image what greats like Walsh and Ambrose would have done to the hapless poms on such a beauty!!

But TV & sponsors love big scores and green pitches will soon be gone :(

Last edited by WindRide : 3rd February 2019 at 10:44.
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:23   #11584
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Both Pandya and Shankar playing today. We are not going to win with such bits and pieces players no matter how deep we bat.
Credit where it is due - Pandya and Vijay Shankar contributed well in today's win. In fact Pandya did well with both bat and ball

Even at 8 wickets down, New Zealand still had a chance with the equation of runs Vs deliveries remaining and getting them all out was our best chance at winning this.

India followed the good batting (after the initial scare) with good bowling and fielding to win this one.

In the end a well deserved and comprehensive 4-1 series victory in the ODI's

Last edited by NPV : 3rd February 2019 at 17:24.
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:41   #11585
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
What a win by the Windies.
India tour WI in August i believe. Should be interesting if such spicy pitches are laid out by the hosts.
Everytime i see a spicy Windies pitch, my memory takes me back to when Franklyn Rose was on fire & we couldn't chase down 120 odd in that infamous test.
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:46   #11586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Everytime i see a spicy Windies pitch, my memory takes me back to when Franklyn Rose was on fire & we couldn't chase down 120 odd in that infamous test.
Oh yes.

Sachin c Lara b Bishop is a very bad memory!!
Old 3rd February 2019, 19:38   #11587
BHPian

Quote:
I think the pitch was almost unplayable due to variable bounce on that day when India was bundled out for the low total? WI is famous for making rubbish pitches where matches get abandoned due to dangerous playing conditions.

Last edited by WindRide : 3rd February 2019 at 19:39.
Old 4th February 2019, 11:25   #11588
Senior - BHPian

Few lusty blows from Pandya proved to be the decider. NZ couldn't get those runs!
Quote:
And it is Vidarbha vs Saurashtra indeed.
Clash of titans, Jaffer vs Pujara underway.
Quote:
Lovely to see the "underdog" teams get the better of the likes of Mumbai, Karnataka etc.
I feel the IPL has a role to play here. It has provided a platform for upcoming players to observe and work with top Indian & foreign players. The players also take away the learnings from the fitness regime, game plans, techniques to their respective domestic teams. These help them to compete against traditions top teams on more or less equal footing. As long as IPL exists, there will be constant supply of good players
Quote:
If i remember correctly Dhoni had said, for the bowlers bowling just 4 overs in a game is not a huge workload. Its really the travelling + the constant packing,unpacking which can drain you out.
IPL franchisees play half the games at home and rest, away. They might consider stationing their key fast bowlers at home and play half the games and few other key games.
Old 5th February 2019, 14:01   #11589
Team-BHP Support

The Ranji final is a cliffhanger guys, not to be missed - at least the first innings.

In other news, infighting in the Pakistan team .... yaaaawwwwwnnnn

https://www.crictracker.com/sarfaraz...-shoaib-malik/
Old 6th February 2019, 14:15   #11590
Distinguished - BHPian

NZ 219/6 in 20. Even with a 4 wickets falling in 14-18 overs, they managed such a big score. Siefert and Munro providing the start, Siefert pressing on and after him Williamson and Taylor with finally Kuggeleijn giving the finishing touches. All Bowlers taking a beating. Will be a nice chase. Hope India Mens don't go the India Women's way which lost against NZ Women before this match on the same ground. India have never chased down 220 in a T20I for the record

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 6th February 2019 at 14:19.
Old 7th February 2019, 11:04   #11591
BHPian

Quote:
In other news, infighting in the Pakistan team .... yaaaawwwwwnnnn
Shoaib Malik has been around for ages! He probably is still only 19 though :P

Indian cricket team faced a heavy defeat. The middle order is still suspect. A lot of victories have papered over the cracks. I don't think the team management or the selectors know what their best squad is.
Old 7th February 2019, 11:15   #11592
Team-BHP Support

Twenty years ago, on this day:
Attached Thumbnails
The Cricket Thread-fb_img_1549514563579.jpg  

Old 7th February 2019, 21:02   #11593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Twenty years ago, on this day:
I still remember watching this game live on television like it was yesterday. And 20 years have gone by...I'm feeling old

Till the lunch break they had not lost any wickets. All changed after that. Wonderful match. Kumble also owes 3 wickets to Srinath as he kept bowling wides at the other end after he got 7 wickets.

By the way, I've always wondered if that is an umpiring record with umpire Jayaprakash having given all 10 out decisions of an innings.
Old 7th February 2019, 21:55   #11594
Senior - BHPian

I'm trying to guess who the other players in the photo are: Kanitkar, Hirwani, Sunil Joshi ?
Old 7th February 2019, 22:10   #11595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I'm trying to guess who the other players in the photo are: Kanitkar, Hirwani, Sunil Joshi ?
Sunil Joshi, Kanitkar, S Ramesh & Venky Prasad (faded)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks