Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2021, 22:01   #13081
BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think 300+ lead will be good, just to be on safer side.
Unless England comes up with some magical bowling followed by great batting to chase down the target, this should be India's game, probably 70-30 in India's favour right now.
The way 2021 is turning out for Test Cricket, even I feel 350+ is a must for India. We have another three days to go which makes tomorrow's day a decider. If England bowl well and get India all out with just 75-125 runs more then they shall fancy an outside chance. Fingers crossed that we don't mess up tomorrow.
Old 14th February 2021, 22:16   #13082
BHPian

And as expected the moaning begins. Michael Vaughan at it this time.

Why is a spinning pitch not considered sporting enough? How come a green top at Lords is a good pitch, but not a spinning pitch at Chepauk is not?
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 22:48   #13083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
The way 2021 is turning out for Test Cricket, even I feel 350+ is a must for India. We have another three days to go which makes tomorrow's day a decider. If England bowl well and get India all out with just 75-125 runs more then they shall fancy an outside chance. Fingers crossed that we don't mess up tomorrow.
You must be kidding or you aren't watching the match and just following it online. Even if India declares overnight then also England will lose with atleast 50 runs. 54-1 so I can safely assume we will cross 200 which will give us a 400+ lead. The way Ashwin and Patel were spinning the balI i don't see England making more than 150 in second innings. This match is in the bag!
Old 14th February 2021, 22:57   #13084
BHPian

The match situation is definitely in India’s favor at the moment and given there are 3 more days to go, I’d say India can bat out the whole of tomorrow and maybe a session on day 4. Give the batsmen some time in the middle to get their confidence back, have the English players endure some more of the Chennai heat, bat England out of the game and more importantly, give a bit of a breather to Ashwin and Axar. Ashwin in particular has been bowling long spells since the first test started.
Old 15th February 2021, 09:04   #13085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
You must be kidding or you aren't watching the match and just following it online. Even if India declares overnight then also England will lose with atleast 50 runs. 54-1 so I can safely assume we will cross 200 which will give us a 400+ lead. The way Ashwin and Patel were spinning the balI i don't see England making more than 150 in second innings. This match is in the bag!
Haha! This is what everyone said when India toured Australia, WI touring Bangladesh and so forth. Cricket is great because there have been players who have performed when fans, pitch, conditions etc have given up on them. For the love of the game, I would like to see England push the game till day 5 lunch atleast.
Old 15th February 2021, 09:46   #13086
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Pujara gets run out & almost immediately Rohit is out stumped. Damn, what a morning!
Old 15th February 2021, 10:05   #13087
Team-BHP Support

Rather unfortunate for Pujara. I haven't seen a bat-stuck-in-surface run-out in a while.

Top glovework from Foakes for the stumpings. Rare to see world-class keeping in the era of batsmen-who-can-keep-wickets.
Old 15th February 2021, 10:11   #13088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth View Post
And as expected the moaning begins. Michael Vaughan at it this time.

Why is a spinning pitch not considered sporting enough? How come a green top at Lords is a good pitch, but not a spinning pitch at Chepauk is not?
The problem with the pitches in the current and previous test matches is that the team winning the toss and batting first gets a huge advantage. Between similarly talented teams, it is almost like the outcome of the match is decided by the toss.
Old 15th February 2021, 10:22   #13089
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahane out, India 86-5. If England have more than 2 days to chase the target, I think that will play a bit on Kohli's mind but at the moment doesn't seem like anything can be done, just need to bat as much as possible.

Has Indian batting lost the ability to bat on rank turners ? Every batsman seems unsure of the way the ball will turn. But good thing for India is that the English bowlers are mixing in some really bad balls as well that are fetching some runs every now and then.

Will be great if India can score around 150 to end with a total lead of around 350.

Last edited by NPV : 15th February 2021 at 10:27.
Old 15th February 2021, 11:18   #13090
KPR
BANNED

Well the lead is 337 now. Rahane for sure will be under tremendous pressure to perform as batsman.
Old 15th February 2021, 14:41   #13091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Well the lead is 337 now. Rahane for sure will be under tremendous pressure to perform as batsman.
Have been saying for sometime now, he is a good batsman however over rated. With KL Rahul, M Agrawal and S Iyer in form, we should give them opportunities to showcase their talent. Rahane has backing of Kohli and thus of the management.
Old 15th February 2021, 15:19   #13092
KPR
BANNED

Well I used to admire all rounders like Kallis, Watson and now Ben Stokes for their exploits with both bat and ball. Now I should be proud that we have a player like Ashwin for his all round ability. Ashwin deserve this century in his home soil.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 15:32   #13093
Senior - BHPian

Ashwin anna has done the incredible - a five for and a hundred in the same match.

Tests are making a comeback, and how!

Apart from watching Ashwin celebrate his hundred, what struck me was the absolute happiness on Siraj's face and in his action while running. Truly endearing.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 15:50   #13094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

Apart from watching Ashwin celebrate his hundred, what struck me was the absolute happiness on Siraj's face and in his action while running. Truly endearing.
Absolutely. That was a wholesome moment. Siraj looks like a top bloke.
pandey.jai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:37   #13095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Ashwin anna has done the incredible - a five for and a hundred in the same match.
And that too at a Strike Rate of 71.

The local hero wanted to prove it is a typical local wicket, which to the rest of the world appears "doctored".
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks