Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 17:24   #12301
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Second T20I - Good win for India, nice chase to get 195 for the win
12 runs to get off the last 5 balls and Hardik Pandya at the crease who instinctively gets two sixes to seal the deal
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 18:42   #12302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Why is Steve Smith not been given captaincy? He served the ban for a year or was there a mention of he or Warner to not be the captain of a National Side ever?.
Smith was banned for two years from holding a leadership role in national cricket for Aus (which ended in Mar/Apr '20) while Warner is banned for life. The entire ball tampering scandal has been a huge taint on Australian cricket, I'd imagine CA is going to be very reluctant to hand Smith captaincy. Esp in a high profile series as with India and when Boards all over are struggling to get some international cricket going.
Old 6th December 2020, 18:49   #12303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Smith was banned for two years from holding a leadership role in national cricket for Aus (which ended in Mar/Apr '20) while Warner is banned for life. The entire ball tampering scandal has been a huge taint on Australian cricket, I'd imagine CA is going to be very reluctant to hand Smith captaincy. Esp in a high profile series as with India and when Boards all over are struggling to get some international cricket going.
Ok, did not know Warner was banned for life. He is a great Captain and probably captaincy brings a lot of good performances from him. I would go a step ahead and say he is the second best captain in IPL (after Rohit Sharma). Probably ACA is looking at Finch for this WC and if they do not win then they shall go back to Smith. Time that we all move on from the ball tampering scandal. Smith is an excellent captain and should be given a second shot at it.
Old 8th December 2020, 07:47   #12304
BHPian

My Test XI vs Aus:

M Agrawal
S Dhawan
C Pujara
V Kohli
A Rahane
R Jadeja
W Saha (WK)
R Ashwin
N Saini
M Shami
J Bhumrah
Old 8th December 2020, 11:44   #12305
Team-BHP Support

Dhawan is not in the squad. Jadeja unlikely to make it. I think the eleven will be:

Gill
Mayank
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Vihari
Saha
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Umesh Yadav
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 12:56   #12306
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's what I'd pick for the First test:

Rahul
Mayank
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Saha
Vihari
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Umesh Yadav

Kohli will be back in India which should make a spot for Gill in the Second Test:

Rahul
Mayank
Pujara
Rahane
Gill
Saha
Vihari
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Umesh Yadav

Rohit will be available most probably for Third and fourth test:

Rahul
Mayank
Pujara
Rohit
Rahane
Saha
Vihari
Ashwin
Shami
Bumrah
Umesh Yadav

Gill, Kuldeep and Saini will be first choice replacements based on Injury or conditions or bad performance of others.
Shaw, Siraj and Pant will be the second choice replacements.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 16:00   #12307
Senior - BHPian

Anybody following the match today? God, the number of dropped catches has been so high. Ball is just not sticking to their hands. Maxwell got so many lives. Even Smith dropped Kohli
Old 8th December 2020, 17:40   #12308
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Anybody following the match today? God, the number of dropped catches has been so high. Ball is just not sticking to their hands. Maxwell got so many lives. Even Smith dropped Kohli
Fielding was below par really in the entire series. Too many catches dropped

In the LOI formats, Pandya and Jadeja made good spoils. Dhawan, Kohli and Rahul were average I'd say. Mayank, Gill and Pandey didn't get enough chances. But the big disappointments were Shreyas Iyer and Samson. Shreyas Iyer scored 59 runs in the ODI series and 12 runs in the T20I series. Samson scored 48 in the T20I series. Natarajan in T20Is was the only good performer. all bowlers were really just about average from the overall series perspective.

Finally ODI Australia 2-1 and T20I India 2-1 is a nice way to move to the tests. Wish it turns our to be equally good.
Old 8th December 2020, 17:46   #12309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
But the big disappointments were Shreyas Iyer and Samson.
I don't follow IPL but are these 2 big names in IPL? From whatever I have seen of them in ODIs and T20s, I really wonder how they made it to the national team.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:05   #12310
BHPian

One more observations from these 6 matches. Kohli seems to have lost the aura that he had, especially when we are chasing. He may be scoring runs, but earlier he used to win the matches whenever he scores. Something is missing from his batting these days.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:19   #12311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I don't follow IPL but are these 2 big names in IPL? From whatever I have seen of them in ODIs and T20s, I really wonder how they made it to the national team.
IPL or not...both Iyer and Samson are good talented players. But the numbers don't really speak for them. Samson will get another year and Shreyas will get two at best before they aren't considered for the national side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One more observations from these 6 matches. Kohli seems to have lost the aura that he had, especially when we are chasing. He may be scoring runs, but earlier he used to win the matches whenever he scores. Something is missing from his batting these days.
This year has been Kohli's worst year no doubt. But then it's 2020!! Paternity leave should be a good refreshing break for him. He's too good as a batsman and this will just be a aberration.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:31   #12312
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Kohli seems to have lost the aura that he had, especially when we are chasing. He may be scoring runs, but earlier he used to win the matches whenever he scores. Something is missing from his batting these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This year has been Kohli's worst year no doubt. But then it's 2020!! Paternity leave should be a good refreshing break for him. He's too good as a batsman and this will just be a aberration.
2019 wasn't his usual best either; his significant purple patch has been on the wane since last year. He's still good, just not ruthless as he has been in the 4-5 years prior.

Also, he's been taking enough breaks by skipping some tournaments so perhaps it's not physical but mental fatigue of just being on the road so long. Perhaps it was his diet too; he turned vegan some time back. Djokovic has also spoken about changes in his game after turning vegan, which he isn't now (plant-based diet, but not vegan).
Old 8th December 2020, 20:28   #12313
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Great series win for Team India. Just hope this 10 match winning streak doesn't give them a false sense of belief that they're a brilliant T20 team, which they definitely aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I think the eleven will be:
This would be my XI as well. After that, in the next couple of tests- KL will come in at no.4 instead of Kohli, Pant instead of Saha, Saini in place of Umesh Yadav & possibly Jadeja in place of Ashwin.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 21:07   #12314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Great series win for Team India.
Good T20 series win for India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I feel they played at the wrong numbers. Iyer must play at 4 & Samson at 5 instead, they played the other way.
Old 9th December 2020, 10:56   #12315
Senior - BHPian

Poor fielding by Indian team during yesterday's match. India would have easily won this game if the men in blue performed well in catching up with the ball in the field.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks