Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 13:47   #286
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
What you folks did with your old mattress? Do they take the old one back? Last time I spoke to a dealer and he was not ready to take the old one.
I asked Sunday to take it away, which they did. After nearly breaking my back lugging an old 6-inch coir mattress, which grows mighty heavy with age, I was in no mood to do it again. Sobha's distributor in Bangalore also took the old mattress away. Both were reluctant initially though, but agreed when I told them that I am not in a physical condition to move them on my own.
Old 16th January 2016, 10:27   #287
BHPian

How are finesse mattress? Any user here.

I am looking to buy a king size 8" mattress to use on the floor. Saw the peps pocket spring with foam , liked it but finesse felt soft and expensive. No Reviews online for finesse so turned to the experts here..
Old 17th January 2016, 20:45   #288
BHPian

Update: Got the Raha pocket spring SELENE with 8" + 2" pillow top with 2 pillows, a bed cover and a bedspread for 35.5k.

Loved the comfort, tried Peps, Finesse, Springwell, and few more..
Old 18th January 2016, 16:44   #289
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Sad to say that warranty in India sucks big time.

On hearing concerns about Sunday's warranty, I dug out the 10-year warranty on my Sobha Restoplus mattress to find that it basically covers repair on the pocket springs and nothing else. As mentioned by kcz, Sunday's warranty looks a lot more transparent than Sobha's, but both fall short of my expectations.

I did some digging around to see how Sunday's warranty compares with the some of the international mattress brands like Sealy and Serta (apparently top brands in the US) and Indian brands. I couldn't find warranty information on websites of any of the Indian branch. So I tried comparing Sunday's warranty with Sealy/Serta (pasting links below). I see that Sunday's warranty terms seem better than these brands.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I support local startups and feel that some of them are settings new standards in terms of customer experience and Sunday seems to be one of them.

Here are various points I noticed:

1. Serta and Sealy cover body impressions that are deeper than 1.5 inches. Sunday covers for body impressions that are deeper than 1 inch. So, Sunday is better.

2. Both Serta and Sealy have proportionate warranty which is similar to what Sunday offers. So, Sunday is at par with what these international brands offer.

3. Sunday has a 100 nights returns. Sealy and Serta do not have that. So, Sunday scores better on this front.

Note: I couldn’t find warranty information on the websites of most of the traditional Indian companies including the popular ones. Also, when I had earlier checked the old warranty card, I realised that it was extremely difficult to get any kind of service.

Most importantly, one should keep in mind that that the price you pay for a Sunday mattress is 1/4 of what you pay for a similar mattress in the USA and 1/2 of what you pay in India, however there is 0% compromise either on the product quality or the warranty or after sales (at least so far!).

Here are the links to the warranties on their websites:

1. https://www.serta.com/sites/1/tagrem...5%203-2013.pdf
2. http://www.sealy.com/contact-us/matt...nty%20Schedule
3. http://www.sundayrest.com/pages/warranty

Of all the warranties I have read, Sunday warranty seems simple and straight forward. Link to warranty page is right in the footer of all pages and they have given examples of different scenarios to make it easy for people to understand.

Won't be able to comment more on it unless I hear about some real life examples of someone claiming warranty from them. Otherwise, their warranty terms seem pretty fine and straightforward.

nowwhat? : Where did they fall short of your expectations. Just curious.

Otherwise, I am pretty impressed to see some of these young startups trying to solve non-tech problems They have the ambition to change the state of affairs in India and seem to be making making a genuine effort.

Thanks,
Kiran
Old 18th January 2016, 18:25   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
nowwhat? : Where did they fall short of your expectations. Just curious.
Sunday hasn't fallen short of my expectations at all. In fact, I am quite satisfied with my Sunday mattress and their friendly customer service.

In response to someone else, I was making a general statement about my experience with warranties in India compared to the US. In the US, most warranties cover replacement (though not for mattresses as you have pointed out and I just figured out) whereas warranties in India usually cover only repair. As such I expected a replacement in case anything goes wrong.

In the end, a 10-year warranty on the mattress, be it Sobha Restoplus or Sunday, gives me peace of mind and some reassurance that the mattress will last that long, not that I have any plans to use the warranty.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 18th January 2016 at 18:30.
Old 18th January 2016, 18:47   #291
Senior - BHPian

I have placed a return pick up of Sunday Latex plus king size ( 100 days trail ). Hope they pickup soon and refund the amount. The mattress was too soft and not conformable and I started to get back pain .
Old 18th January 2016, 21:50   #292
BHPian

One thing I realized when I bought a mattress in the US a long time ago is that the mattress industry seems to run on very high margins. Here in India too, margins seem to be quite high because I got a 35% discount on my Sobha Restoplus mattress from a familiar seller without trying too hard.

Therefore I am happy that in Bangalore we have the option of buying directly from a mattress manufacturer with Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
I have placed a return pick up of Sunday Latex plus king size ( 100 days trail ). The mattress was too soft and not conformable and I started to get back pain .
Surprising as my experience seems to be opposite to yours. I find Sunday slightly firm compared to my other mattress with latex top.

Glad to see that the 100 day trial came in handy for you. Fact is that I haven't been able to figure out much about mattresses by sitting on them or lying on them in the showroom. For me the real test of a mattress would probably be after a few years if I can still sleep on it comfortably.
Old 25th January 2016, 09:51   #293
BHPian

Quote:
I have placed a return pick up of Sunday Latex plus king size ( 100 days trail ). Hope they pickup soon and refund the amount. The mattress was too soft and not conformable and I started to get back pain .
How was your return experience - please do share the details.
Old 25th January 2016, 09:54   #294
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Received the Kurl On Nirvana 10" mattresses for my kids last week and I set them up a few days back. So far the kids are loving them. I caught a few winks on them with a nap of about an hour and felt the heat of the memory foam, but that is expected. The mattress has 6" of pocket spring and 4" of Eurotop memory foam.
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453695719.357050.jpg
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453695751.144581.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-imageuploadedbyteambhp1453695690.289175.jpg  

Last edited by diyguy : 25th January 2016 at 09:57.
Old 27th January 2016, 15:34   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
How was your return experience - please do share the details.
Got the 40K refund after 5 days of reverse pickup. It was smooth process.
Old 27th January 2016, 18:39   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 40K refund after 5 days of reverse pickup. It was smooth process.
I assume that they gave you a brand new mattress and this is what was returned after the 100 day trial period? Wonder what they do with these returned ones...
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:25   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I assume that they gave you a brand new mattress and this is what was returned after the 100 day trial period? Wonder what they do with these returned ones...
They do not resell the mattress back to the customers. They use it for internal purposes i.e. demo's to customers. Here's the link:
http://support.sundayrest.com/hc/en-...ed-mattresses-

Most others including online players are not clear on what they do with the returned mattresses. Selling back returned mattresses if they are unopened might be ok, but not those that have been used. At least makes sense they change the upholstery!
Old 17th February 2016, 21:39   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Have been using this for a couple of months now, the other Bonell spring mattress that I wasn't complaining about suddenly feels like a punishment! I am much happier to sleep on the Cloud mattress from Urban Ladder.

From my stay at Marriott recently, I noticed that the mattress there gave me a better feeling overall, but the one at home, 'almost' is there. And for the money, I would call it a steal !
Hi Aravind, How is the mattress coming along? There are fairly limited options in the Spring/Latex combination and the Cloud is one of them
Old 18th February 2016, 17:08   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Hi Aravind, How is the mattress coming along? There are fairly limited options in the Spring/Latex combination and the Cloud is one of them
I just recommended these to one of my cousins last weekend. I am thoroughly impressed by the mattress, and the feel I get on this mattress is something I have not experiences at any other house I have slept in. It is firm, but with a soft touch.

But if you ask me about the reliability, I would say it is too early. But till now its holding up really well - 4 months along.
Old 23rd February 2016, 02:02   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I just recommended these to one of my cousins last weekend. I am thoroughly impressed by the mattress

But till now its holding up really well - 4 months along.
Thanks Aravind

Has anyone tried Corfom mattresses? A Queen size Latex for 30k and a Pocket Spring+Latex for 28k seems to be decent pricing and that too with 10 years guarantee

Just not sure about the durability and authenticity of the guarantee

Most Viewed