Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2015, 20:57   #226

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
dr@ms: Yes, that's the one I think. "Dual Harmony" - IIRC.

I purchased the queen size (60x78) with the base width (5"?) costing me close to 23k.
Visited the nearest official dealer listed on their website.
I think I found the same mattress on fabmart at 27k for the same dimensions.
http://www.fabmart.com/collections/m...ess-latex-foam

Earlier you had mentioned that it was a coir+latex whereas this seems to be latex+rebonded foam. Could you confirm it is the same one that you bought, in which case I shall use the same dealer as you
Old 10th June 2015, 12:51   #227
BHPian

@stridergt: what you've found is "Dual Foam", not "Dual Harmony."
Old 20th June 2015, 17:27   #228
BHPian

I use a PEPS spring mattress with a layer of foam and top layer of memory foam that makes it very comfortable to sleep on. 5 years back the European king size (7ft by 6ft) costed me around INR 40k.
But the best mattress that I felt was the one completely made out of memory foam from TEMPUR; but that costed INR 2 lakhs then for king size.
Old 1st July 2015, 07:50   #229
BHPian

PEPS is the way to go ! I never appreciated pocketed springs till I got a mattress that featured them. I went for the Peps Restonic Eurotop 10" ... King size set me back 32 thousand after a good discount.

We spend more time sleeping than driving, yet many of us will hold back on a mattress !
Old 1st July 2015, 08:17   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

For the people in Bangalore, If budget is not a constraint then http://www.serta.com/index.html in koramangala has some amazing mattresses. Otherwise PEPS is available in Metro Cash n Carry for really good discounts.
Old 7th July 2015, 22:16   #231
BHPian

I'm looking at purchasing a nice stiff offset coil based 72X60 queen sized mattress (5/6") as my existing 2 year old 5" foam mattress is causing back and neck pain. I know I should have invested in a good mattress at the first place itself :-(. My budget is 20k.

Please provide pointers online/stores (Bangalore) who provide:

a. free home delivery and
b. exchanges my 2 year old foam mattress
Old 8th July 2015, 15:59   #232
BHPian

I just purchased a PEPS spine guard 6" mattress for 25k with discount and exchange of my old mattress from FURNISHING GALLERY near Ashoka pillar. They told me they will deliver it by tomorrow. Lets see how it goes.
Old 8th July 2015, 21:34   #233
BHPian

Which is the best PEPS mattress? My wife has hip and lower back pain so trying replace our Latex Foam Mattress.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:48   #234
BHPian

Seen a PEPS restonic mattress 6"x6.5" for 23k in Metro Cash and Carry. The mattress is 6 inches thicker. Is this a good deal?
Old 9th July 2015, 08:17   #235
BHPian

I am seeing a few complaints in PEPS FB Page about the mattress sagging after 2 years and the company washing their hands and not doing anything. This is quiet scary, at least in Latex we know its going to last some time but with spring we are dependant on the spring and the inner layer for support.

Anyone with longtime experience pls?
Old 9th July 2015, 08:51   #236

Recently bought a mattress from Khadi Kraft. Made of Ilavam Panju. It's neither hard nor soft and actually good.
Old 11th July 2015, 09:41   #237
Senior - BHPian

Confused between various brands. If money is not a criteria ( around 50 K)
which brands are best in terms of best shape retention and comfort. Looking for a firm mattress .

PEPS is available in metro with flat 20 % off on MRP. How is PEPS brand? checked their website, they don't even have a customer care number .
Old 11th July 2015, 10:47   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Confused between various brands. If money is not a criteria ( around 50 K)
which brands are best in terms of best shape retention and comfort. Looking for a firm mattress .

PEPS is available in metro with flat 20 % off on MRP. How is PEPS brand? checked their website, they don't even have a customer care number .

Peps is fantastic! I can vouch for their restonic range. All my beds sport their 10" eurotop restonics. I have been seriously impressed.

If money if no issue - tempur. But that will run you more than 50k for equivalent thickness, pocketed springs etc .. Also now you're playing in memory foam territory.
Old 14th July 2015, 10:32   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Which is the best PEPS mattress? My wife has hip and lower back pain so trying replace our Latex Foam Mattress.
Ask for memory foam mattress. Memory foam is different from the latex foam as in memory foam takes shape of your body while you are on it. A mattress made of real memory foam will be able to hold a glass of water on one corner while you sit on the other corner. This material is the best for back aches. But a complete memory foam mattress is very expensive.
PEPS and few others have mattresses that have a 2 inch layer of memory foam on their normal spring mattress.
Which ever brand it may be, what matters is the material used.
Old 14th July 2015, 10:40   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Ask for memory foam mattress. Memory foam is different from the latex foam as in memory foam takes shape of your body while you are on it. A mattress made of real memory foam will be able to hold a glass of water on one corner while you sit on the other corner. This material is the best for back aches. But a complete memory foam mattress is very expensive.
PEPS and few others have mattresses that have a 2 inch layer of memory foam on their normal spring mattress.
Which ever brand it may be, what matters is the material used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Peps is fantastic! I can vouch for their restonic range. All my beds sport their 10" eurotop restonics. I have been seriously impressed.

If money if no issue - tempur. But that will run you more than 50k for equivalent thickness, pocketed springs etc .. Also now you're playing in memory foam territory.

Thanks for the advice. Does Memory Foam lose shape after some years? Also, are there health issues?
http://misfitchick.hubpages.com/hub/...-Ones-are-Best

Also, I am worried with the feedback on PEPS on their FB page with springs sagging etc, any experience?

Last edited by madbullram : 14th July 2015 at 10:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks