Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 16:14   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Any Sobha mattress users here? If yes please post your review on the product being used.
Old 15th June 2014, 00:42   #167
Senior - BHPian

After another round of the mattress world, ordered the Snoozer 'beauty sleep' mattress. Since delivery was delayed, the dealer sent me a brand spanking new Posture care from his stocks.

Extremely comfortable and even though this is again a pocketed spring mattress, the give is very firm and unlike my other mattress it does not let me sink while I am sitting up in bed.

Will post a snap of this one and then the actual ordered mattress as and when it is delivered.

BTW beauty sleep has natural latex and the posture care has memory foam as comfort layers.
Old 2nd July 2014, 11:57   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
And got a coir+foam combo with cotton quilting with total thickness of 5 inches. Costing around 12.7k

I must say.. No regrets and I am happy..
Where can I find something like this? Was this made to order? Is there an over the counter product that meets this criteria?
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:23   #169
Senior - BHPian

I had purchased the Kurl on Comfort range of mattresses.

Queen Size. One of the worst mattresses I have purchased. It is a coil+ foam type and cost me approx. 10.5K about 4 years back.

Back aches and now the foam is completely depressed and the entire mattress is de-shaped.

Will never recommend it to anyone. Money down the drain and now am seriously considering to have it tailor made at the nearby mattress shop.
Old 5th July 2014, 19:41   #170
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Where can I find something like this? Was this made to order? Is there an over the counter product that meets this criteria?

Seems you are in Bangalore, I got this contact from Pune FabIndia, why don't you check the Furnishing Fab India in Bangalore, they will share their guy's name who does upholstery for them

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP

Last edited by Anupam : 5th July 2014 at 19:45.
Old 26th July 2014, 21:01   #171
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul13 View Post
Thank you for the info Kiran.
How has been your experience so far?
Could you please PM me the contact details of the sales person?

Regards,

Atul
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Any Sobha mattress users here? If yes please post your review on the product being used.
Hey Atul,

Sorry, missed your question on the details.

I recommend speaking to the guys at Fabmart. They deal with almost all the brands and they have a pretty good idea of which brand is doing better. Their service is pretty spot less. The Snoozer that I bought about a year back started giving me some issues, the guys at Snoozer did not even bother responding. The posture care mattress had become too soft and fluid and there was no response from snoozer. Approached Fabmart and they were very prompt - visited my place, took pictures and convinced snoozer to send a replacement. I was pleased with the information provided by Fabmart at the time of sale and positively surprised at how promptly they responded and coordinated the whole thing.

you will find the experts’ numbers on their website but if you want the specific guy’s number I can PM them to you.

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 29th July 2014, 17:58   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
The Snoozer that I bought about a year back started giving me some issues, the guys at Snoozer did not even bother responding. The posture care mattress had become too soft and fluid and there was no response from snoozer. Approached Fabmart and they were very prompt - visited my place, took pictures and convinced snoozer to send a replacement. I was pleased with the information provided by Fabmart at the time of sale and positively surprised at how promptly they responded and coordinated the whole thing.
Went to Fabmart office today to buy a Snoozer and apparently they have stopped selling it. Their advisors said there were customer complaints about after-sales by Snoozer like not agreeing for a replacement, expecting customer to send the bed to their factory (in Punjab) at own cost etc. If Snoozer is not an option, i'm back to square one . So the question is, are there really issues with the mattress post purchase and is the after-sales that bad?
Old 31st July 2014, 08:20   #173
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar View Post
Went to Fabmart office today to buy a Snoozer and apparently they have stopped selling it. Their advisors said there were customer complaints about after-sales by Snoozer like not agreeing for a replacement, expecting customer to send the bed to their factory (in Punjab) at own cost etc. If Snoozer is not an option, i'm back to square one . So the question is, are there really issues with the mattress post purchase and is the after-sales that bad?
Hi Shekar,

I did face real bad issues with Snoozer in terms of post sales service. I know another colleague who has been having issues with his mattress too. So I guess its a combination of product and service. The best thing is to check with a good and transparent retailer and go with their recommendation.

Mattress is something that you can’t decide by looking at it or lying down for a few minutes. There is no one product that serves everyone. Some retailers do take time to suggest a product that fits your needs. My guess and hunch have been right that those guys can also offer good service if you ever need it. Price is an important aspect but I wouldn’t trust someone who offers too deep discounts either. Typically those retailers end up compromising either on service or by not giving a tax paid invoice or by giving a product that was returned by another customer. In the end, you get what you pay for.

My 2 cents. And good luck with your purchase

Cheers,
Kiran
Old 31st July 2014, 15:23   #174
Senior - BHPian

After having horrid experience with Sleepwell mattress i got a new one manufactured from an expert. This is 3 inch century coir and 1 inch foam. This type wont sag as per the promise from the manufacturer.

My sleepwell ones was with Coir - Foam - Coir due to which it sagged it seems.
I paid 11k for a 6.5 X 6 feet ones and have same design like ortho ones .
Old 15th August 2014, 20:09   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
After having horrid experience with Sleepwell mattress i got a new one manufactured from an expert. This is 3 inch century coir and 1 inch foam. This type wont sag as per the promise from the manufacturer.

My sleepwell ones was with Coir - Foam - Coir due to which it sagged it seems.
I paid 11k for a 6.5 X 6 feet ones and have same design like ortho ones .
Do you mind sharing the contact details of the manufacturer. I believe you are based of pune.
Old 15th August 2014, 22:34   #176
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHCVtec View Post
Do you mind sharing the contact details of the manufacturer. I believe you are based of pune.

I did the same few months back, I got the upholstery guy from Pune FabIndia to do the job, it is holding well, but I wish I had used a 3rd layer of foam of lower density as well

Current setup is of 4 inch coir of 80 density and 1 inch foam of 40 density, it has worked well and has also relieved me of my back pain issues.

Cost for a 6x6.5 feet came to ₹12000

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 15th August 2014, 22:51   #177
BHPian

Anybody have experience with hush.in?
Old 16th August 2014, 13:02   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did face real bad issues with Snoozer in terms of post sales service. I know another colleague who has been having issues with his mattress too
Quote:
Went to Fabmart office today to buy a Snoozer and apparently they have stopped selling it
I have seen factory of this company , its a small unit ,better avoid .

Quote:
Anybody have experience with hush.in
Yes , I am using one since past 4 months , Great mattress for its price - I picked King Size from Chandigarh outlet .
Old 16th August 2014, 14:33   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Saw your post only today. I have the 10 inch Sobha Restoplus with the latex pillowtop and 10 year warranty. No problems at all. I regularly rotate the mattress once every 3 months. I am a very satisfied user of Sobha.
Old 19th August 2014, 21:03   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekar View Post
The product is very good. I use Snoozer Posture Care mattress myself and it has been 3 yrs and have had no issues what so ever. I was using a regular mattress and I paid 3x more when I bought Snoozer. It was after reading the reviews on the website.

Looking back, I can say it was not a wrong decision at all. I think its a very good brand and is trusted by some of the best hotels around.

Mattresses are no precision engineered products. Problems are bound to happen with all brands. Just go with the advice of a trusted and reputed retailer and they will ensure good service. The road side retailers who will give you the cheapest price won't attend to you once the sale is made.

I recommended Snoozer to a few of my friends who also bought it on fabmart and they seem pretty happy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks