Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 23:05   #211
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by areddy View Post
... horrible experience with a Snoozer mattress.
Latex mattresses ...
You can invest in a good quality air purifier?

What's the issue with your snoozer? Lost shape? Which latex mattress do you have and model?
I already own a eureka forbes air purifier and am now using it almost every night.

Has anyone here purchased the rainbow air purification system? It's crazy expensive but the demo was impressive!!
Old 1st May 2015, 00:36   #212

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Hi all

My first post in this forum! I really need some serious advice on buying a new mattress (and yes, I have gone through this thread more than once). I bought a Kurlon Klassic Plus mattress (queen size) few months back. Within the first few days, both my wife and I started experiencing back pain every morning. We complained to Kurlon and after some persuasion, managed to get it exchanged for a new one. We wanted to check out if the problem was with the cot. We therefore placed the new mattress on the floor but the back pain continued to persist. Finally, we had no option but to dump the mattress.

I have been sleeping on the floor with just a woollen blanket underneath and that is just about tolerable - no back pain, just mild body ache from sleeping a hard surface. Based on posts by members here, Snoozer seems to be a good choice - but being 18K poorer from the previous buy, I have putting off the decision for some time. I am also considering the memory foam mattresses of Eclipse and Spring Fit (~41K each for king size). The other option I am looking at is Hush which promises 30-day return guarantee.

My questions are twofold:
A) It generally takes a few months at the least before people start facing back ache problems with their new mattresses. Also In my case, it was obviously not a case of defect in the mattress but of the latter being unsuited for my body - hardness was not an issue as well as this was a medium hard mattress and I was okay sleeping on the floor. What are the possible reasons for the mattress being unsuitable for me?

B) Related to above, are there any reasons to be fairly sure that I will not face the same issue with a Snoozer (or the other options mentioned above).

I realize this is an unusual problem. Any advice/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st May 2015 at 10:41. Reason: Formatted for better readability
Old 1st May 2015, 10:25   #213
BHPian

Sai, someone here had suggested that the pillows should also match up with the mattress. I am struggling myself for a good buy and am still using my Kurl on memory foam mattress from 2006.
Old 16th May 2015, 16:20   #214
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider-image3053159885.jpg

tube mattress. Excellent comfort feel. Very durable and well ventilated mattress, customer built for certain specific clients. Material and technology from Metzeler of Germany. Anyone needs, let me know.

Finishing final customization, memory layers and fabric added per individual specific requirement

Click image for larger version

Name:	image3053159885.jpg
Views:	5162
Size:	507.9 KB
ID:	1371134
Old 16th May 2015, 22:04   #215
Senior - BHPian

Very interesting, I would like to read up more on this. If you will be able to share information please indicate and I will share my email id with you. Not looking for trade secrets but definitely more details than what an average sales brochure would provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Anyone needs, let me know.
Old 17th May 2015, 10:32   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Very interesting, I would like to read up more on this. If you will be able to share information please indicate and I will share my email id with you. Not looking for trade secrets but definitely more details than what an average sales brochure would provide.
You can reach out the manufacturer directly, will have you connected, pm your details
Old 21st May 2015, 15:05   #217
BHPian

I am looking for a decent mattress of size 72" x 78" (or 72") x 4" \ 5" (WxLxH) for occasional use in guest room. I couldnt find any mattress option with Bonnell spring + memory foam from any manufacturer. Is it possible to get the memory foam sheet separately for a competetive price in bangalore or cochin?

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 21st May 2015 at 15:35.
Old 22nd May 2015, 14:55   #218
BHPian

Got a MM Foam coir-latex dual mattress recently. I think I've made a great decision: all thanks to this thread.
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:08   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai aravindh View Post
Hi all

My first post in this forum! I really need some serious advice on buying a new mattress (and yes, I have gone through this thread more than once). .
If you are in Chennai , give these people a shot

http://www.marvelfoam.com/index.html

They are based in egmore and sell pure latex foam matress at comparable prices. They also offer to customize the firmness of the matress
Old 23rd May 2015, 00:19   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
If you are in Chennai , give these people a shot

http://www.marvelfoam.com/index.html

They are based in egmore and sell pure latex foam matress at comparable prices. They also offer to customize the firmness of the matress
Thanks but a bit too late now. I finally bit the bullet and bought Sleepwell Duet Air(Rs. 21K). About a week now - experience is not really great but thankfully, at least no back pain
Old 23rd May 2015, 09:00   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Got a MM Foam coir-latex dual mattress recently. I think I've made a great decision: all thanks to this thread.
Is this the one you bought?
http://www.mmfoam.in/ProductDetails....d=2&CatgryID=1

What's the price? How is the cushion? A small review would help.
Old 23rd May 2015, 10:36   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
Can you share the size of the mattress and the cost?

Also how is the experience?
Old 24th May 2015, 21:17   #223
BHPian

dr@ms: Yes, that's the one I think. "Dual Harmony" - IIRC.

I purchased the queen size (60x78) with the base width (5"?) costing me close to 23k.
Visited the nearest official dealer listed on their website.

Ordered on Sunday night and got it on Thursday morning. I was told that it came all the way from Chennai.

The mattress feels just right when it comes to firmness. I'm not sure what else to say because this is probably my first modern mattress and I've never been on a (>6") heftier soft mattress for longer periods of time before.
Old 24th May 2015, 22:13   #224
BHPian

We gave up on our DuroFlex coir+spring mattress after having several sleepless nights and switched to 30year old cotton comforters and have found better sleep.

I don't think I'd ever buy another mattress in my life ever again.
Old 7th June 2015, 21:16   #225
BHPian

I recently bought duroflex spine ortho for my queen size bed measuring 59.5 inch x 80 inch as it was custom size the factory near Hosur delivered in 2 days.
Costed me 35 k but hopefully good enough for my back problem and the last couple of days the experience has been good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks