Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2016, 11:00   #271
BHPian

Re: Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I have to go to their experience center and feel the product.
Would appreciate if you could post your comparison here.
Old 7th January 2016, 13:34   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am in the market for full latex mattress.

Options are less unless I want to spend more than a lakh on king size.

Only Sunday and Eclipse are under or near rs.50000 mark.

Anyone here using Eclipse mattress? It is US based and has full Latex mattress.
What do you mean by "full" latext.

My mattress, mentioned earlier is only latex. 24K-ish for a 48-inch bed: You could get four for a lakh!
Old 7th January 2016, 13:54   #273
Team-BHP Support

We switched our Mattress recently with a new bed, and after checking out all sorts of stuff, finally settled for a coir-foam mattress (Restolex Royale Plus) since both me & the better half prefer a firm mattress and none of the spring/foam/latex variants met our 'firmness' requirements.

Paid ~18K for a regular Queen size (including discount and two memory foam pillows included as some offer). A month since and we're both happy with it. Long-term reliability remains to be seen, though there is a 10-year warranty.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 7th January 2016 at 13:58.
Old 7th January 2016, 19:38   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
What do you mean by "full" latext.

My mattress, mentioned earlier is only latex. 24K-ish for a 48-inch bed: You could get four for a lakh!
There are two types,

1. Form/Spring mattress with Latex top
2. 6 / 8 inch full latex

Also natural vs synthetic latex makes a difference. I wanted natural.
Old 7th January 2016, 19:58   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
The only negative I can think of is that the Sunday mattress is not a patch on the pocket-spring mattress with latex-top that we have upstairs.
nowwhat ,

I am not happy that they don't give any physical warranty card with the product . When I raised this issue with them, they said the warranty details are online and your order number is enough. But this is not ok, because, the warranty details online can be changed anytime, who knows what happens in those 10 years.

So basically they don't give physical warranty card with mattress.

Also the 10 year warranty is not full refund or repair , after 100 days onward if you return you will be getting only 75% of cost, 60 ,50 .. so on .
Old 7th January 2016, 20:16   #276
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post

Also the 10 year warranty is not full refund or repair , after 100 days onward if you return you will be getting only 75% of cost, 60 ,50 .. so on .
It's the same story pretty much everywhere. Unless you have a 'Guarantee' for the whole period (which nobody usually provides), all you'll get under warranty after a short 'free replacement' period is repair or pro-rated refund/discount against a substitute product.

Fine print is the killer.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:49   #277
BHPian

Quote:
I am not happy that they don't give any physical warranty card with the product . When I raised this issue with them, they said the warranty details are online and your order number is enough. But this is not ok, because, the warranty details online can be changed anytime, who knows what happens in those 10 years.

Both good points. I think I got a booklet with the warranty details (need to check this).

However I was totally unaware that the warranty is for a % of cost. This comes as a big shock to me because I always thought all warranties give a substitute product. Shows the importance of reading the fine print, but who has time these days? I stopped reading the license agreement on software a long time ago. Now I wonder what the 10-year warranty on my Sobha Restoplus mattress is.

Having said that, I am quite satisfied with the Sunday mattress itself. All the aches and the frozen shoulder I got by sleeping on my previous coir mattress with foam are long gone now.
Old 7th January 2016, 23:04   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There are two types,

1. Form/Spring mattress with Latex top
2. 6 / 8 inch full latex

Also natural vs synthetic latex makes a difference. I wanted natural.
What like "art" leather?

Yep, there always seems to be a synthetic something or other being passed off as genuine, but if is not natural, rubber-tree-origin latex, it isn't latex. But I'm sure some of the sellers don't see it that way.

And yes, there are various combinations of mattress materials with various cores and various paddings. I had a wonderful, and very expensive, spring mattress from UK --- it was spoilt in the Chennai floods
Old 9th January 2016, 00:43   #279
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to learn about your mattress being ruined in the flooding T E G.
I have been thinking of importing a mattress or two from the UK for some time now, especially the ones that have layers of wool in them. Could you recommend a few good makes/brands and stores that might offer international shipping.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I had a wonderful, and very expensive, spring mattress from UK --- it was spoilt in the Chennai floods
Old 9th January 2016, 01:26   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

I forget, khoj... Mine is still on the terrace in the sun, and if the sun shines on it until June I'll then wonder if it might be sufficiently disinfected, buyt I doubt it, and I also suspect that the water will have ruined the padding anyway.

In other words, I'll try to remember to look at the label for you. The divan plus mattress set, by the way, was over 2 lakh about thirteen years ago and, although expensive, it was much less than the most pricey.

Anyway... like shoes, try before you buy!
Old 9th January 2016, 11:38   #281
BHPian

Which Mattress To Buy and Points to Consider

I have ordered a pair of Kurl On - Nirvana, 75"x36"x6". Should be delivered in about 3 weeks. We are using Kurl On's Spinekare since 2006 and so didnt want to take the risk with attempting anything new. It is a pocket spring mattress topped with memory foam and hopefully all should be ok, fingers crossed.
Pics from the dealer
Attachment 1458567
Attachment 1458568
Attachment 1458569

Last edited by diyguy : 9th January 2016 at 11:40.
Old 9th January 2016, 13:51   #282
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
nowwhat ,

So basically they don't give physical warranty card with mattress.

Hi black12rr,

I haven't got the physical warranty card with any of the consumer durables I bought recently. Even if the physical warranty card comes with the appliance, none of the sellers care to stamp and sign it. All they say is that proof purchase is good enough to claim warranty. It worked for me for the Sony Vaio laptop I bought from Chroma when I had to replace the keyboard on warranty.
I believe online warranty terms are equally binding as the physical card.

Since it is a good amount of money you have put in on the mattress, I would suggest getting a digital confirmation (via email) from the Sunday guys about the warranty terms if you still have doubts. I have been impressed with their support and transparency about warranty terms and conditions.

And proportional warranty is the norm with any business you'd come across (appliances, insurance, automobiles). So I am not sure these guys are doing anything different here.

It has been 5 months since I got Sunday mattress for my in-laws and they have been really happy with the mattress so far.

And finally as user 'now what?' said in an earlier post, I like supporting local startups.

Thanks,
Kiran
Old 10th January 2016, 12:21   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
And proportional warranty is the norm with any business you'd come across (appliances, insurance, automobiles). So I am not sure these guys are doing anything different here.
Sad to say that warranty in India sucks big time. Having said that, I have received good results by approaching the manufacturer or online vendor or by pain of the consumer forum.

My last experience was with a Moto E which suddenly stopped working one day and would only show the startup screen with the Motorola logo. On going through the warranty, I realized that it primarily covers repair of the phone and in the worst case a replacement which could even be a used phone. Their service center took 1 week to replace the motherboard and I got the phone back with a yellow screen and a mic that sounded like one was underwater. The next two times I dropped the phone off, they replaced the speaker but did nothing about the mic. Mototola couldn't care less and finally I approached Flipkart who took their sweet time and finally sent a brand new replacement.

On hearing concerns about Sunday's warranty, I dug out the 10-year warranty on my Sobha Restoplus mattress to find that it basically covers repair on the pocket springs and nothing else. As mentioned by kcz, Sunday's warranty looks a lot more transparent than Sobha's, but both fall short of my expectations.
Old 10th January 2016, 13:04   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
On hearing concerns about Sunday's warranty, I dug out the 10-year warranty on my Sobha Restoplus mattress to find that it basically covers repair on the pocket springs and nothing else.
Their 100 day return policy is a first though in my opinion. I wanted to purchase their product but they have no presence in chennai yet. India is still not consumer friendly like the west but is slowly getting there. I've been able to return, replace, repair products through online vendors which am sure no Brick and Mortar store would honor. Eg Lenskart replaced my daughters glasses 6 months into usage as the side arm broke and they just refunded me the whole amount and asked me to order another pair! However this has not been so smooth with traditional B&M stores who opened online stores like shopperstop. They short delivered beer mugs to me and also delivered a bathroom scent instead of an expensive designer dress for my wife. Took me 40 days to resolve and many rants and screams. Finally went to their corporate website and contacted one of their directors who sorted it out in three days. Have since stopped purchasing at SS, but strongly believe in the online story happening in India today!
Old 10th January 2016, 13:26   #285
BHPian

What you folks did with your old mattress? Do they take the old one back? Last time I spoke to a dealer and he was not ready to take the old one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks