Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2018, 10:10   #2836
BHPian

Re: 0.75% discount for those who buy petrol and diesel using cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
I filled for 2500 at BP through my Credit card 2 days back. Did a double check in SMS just now. They have not charged anything extra. Not sure if this is something specific to IOC or maybe this is getting slowly implemented everywhere. Also is the credit card of the same bank where you are drawing salary? Maybe they might be charging for me as well but being a corporate card, it is being absorbed by my bank.
Check your actual card statement and not the SMS. For me (SBI credit card) the sms always says the exact fuel amount, but the statement charges more - some of which is later credited back.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 10:14   #2837
Senior - BHPian

Re: 0.75% discount for those who buy petrol and diesel using cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
After doing google, got to know that RBI charges 1% on all POS digital transactions, which pump owner charges from us since their margins are less.
This is one of the examples how sometimes Google misleads.

These charges are usually called Fuel Surcharge and are not levied by RBI; infact RBI and pump owner doesn't come into picture at all. These charges are levied by your card issuing bank as per the term and conditions that you signed on while applying for the card (usually 1-2%). These charges are not new and vary from bank to bank and card to card.

I have two cards, one which provides waiver for Fuel Surcharge and other doesn't. So, you can guess which card I use for getting fuel. Also, even in case Fuel Surcharge is waived, it usually works like this :

Fuel Bill = Rs. X
Amount in Card Statement = Rs. X + Fuel Surcharge + Service Tax
Refund in Card Statement = Only Fuel Surcharge (No refund for Service Tax)

The same was (is ??) true for ticket booking on IRCTC using card payment mode (approx. 2.5% surcharge). Refund or no refund is governed by the T&C of the bank that one signed on. When using Net Banking for ticket booking, a flat charge of Rs. 10 + Service Tax is levied and, in most cases, it is far cheaper than surcharge on booking via card.

You may contact your bank to change/ upgrade your card to one which has Fuel Surcharge waiver. I hope this clarifies your query.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 19th June 2018 at 10:16.
Old 23rd June 2018, 16:15   #2838
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Dear All,

I see this is a very old and long running thread. However, with respect to current times I wanted to know which is the best credit card for using at petrol pumps.
I was using AMEX earlier which has 3% cash back + surcharge reversal for sometime and this offer is discontinued few months ago.
There is a citibank Indian oil card but the outlets using citi POS machine is close to non-existent. Since, my monthly fuel consumption ranges between 6K-8K, so kindly let me know which credit card do out BHPians use.

Thanks,
Shakti.
Old 23rd June 2018, 18:49   #2839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishrap View Post
Dear All,

I see this is a very old and long running thread. However, with respect to current times I wanted to know which is the best credit card for using at petrol pumps.
I was using AMEX earlier which has 3% cash back + surcharge reversal for sometime and this offer is discontinued few months ago.
There is a citibank Indian oil card but the outlets using citi POS machine is close to non-existent. Since, my monthly fuel consumption ranges between 6K-8K, so kindly let me know which credit card do out BHPians use.

Thanks,
Shakti.
HDFC, Citi, SBI all have fuel cards.

See this link for more details.
Old 24th June 2018, 07:48   #2840
BHPian

Quote:
Dear All,

There is a citibank Indian oil card but the outlets using citi POS machine is close to non-existent.

Thanks,
Shakti.
I am using Citi Indian Oil card for the last 11 years in Bangalore. Citi POS is available in almost all Indian Oil pumps in Bangalore South at least.
Old 24th June 2018, 11:40   #2841
BHPian

Will a late payment on company issued and sponsored credit card affect my credit score ? My company took 2 months to clear dues due to internal approvals and this led to a 60 day delay.
Old 24th June 2018, 12:35   #2842
Senior - BHPian

I use Citi Bank Cards and their practice is - You will have to pay a late fee if you pay your bill after the due date. The interest rate on your outstanding bill will also increase if you don’t pay the minimum amount payable by the payment due date.

Late payments can have a significant effect on your Credit score, affecting your ability to get new credit in the future. Your bank will report your defaults to credit information companies, which in turn will include them in your credit score.

I presume all other Banks may be following similar rules for non-payment of credit card bill within the due date.!
Old 24th June 2018, 13:16   #2843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Will a late payment on company issued and sponsored credit card affect my credit score ? My company took 2 months to clear dues due to internal approvals and this led to a 60 day delay.
I believe it does as the card is still essentially in the name of the individual although the security is guaranteed by the company. However, typically banks are lenient towards corporate cards. They often give several months before reporting to the credit agencies as far as my understanding goes.
Old 24th June 2018, 22:42   #2844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
I am using Citi Indian Oil card for the last 11 years in Bangalore. Citi POS is available in almost all Indian Oil pumps in Bangalore South at least.
Thank you. I have applied for the same.
For Stan Char Titanium it seems 750/- is min swipe amount.
Is there any minimum amount to be swiped for this card to get points ?
Thanks.
Old 24th June 2018, 23:23   #2845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Depends on who's name the card is; different firms undertake different models. My previous company issued corporate cards at the firm's liability; while my current company issues corporate cards at employee's liability.

For the former whenever I faced delays in internal approvals, etc; the firm would make the payment on time and then internally resolve the outstanding amount payments.

For the latter, irrespective of the internal process; we have to make sure the payment is done; either by us or by (org) Finance dept.
Old 25th June 2018, 07:07   #2846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will a late payment on company issued and sponsored credit card affect my credit score?
Yes. One of the reasons I have said NO to a company credit card.

Payment of dues is your responsibility. The company's role is only in underwriting the debt you accumulate (which basically means higher credit limit, and some IT stuff like backend integration with ERP etc. if you go for that sort of thing).
Old 25th June 2018, 08:21   #2847
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any minimum amount to be swiped for this card to get points ?
Thanks.
No minimum amount required.
Old 25th June 2018, 09:59   #2848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I believe it does as the card is still essentially in the name of the individual although the security is guaranteed by the company. However, typically banks are lenient towards corporate cards. They often give several months before reporting to the credit agencies as far as my understanding goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Depends on who's name the card is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes. One of the reasons I have said NO to a company credit card.

Thank for clarifying.

Mine is company sponsored but issued to me. Planning to take a home loan next month, which is why eager to know the implications. Will write back once I see my credit scores.
Old 25th June 2018, 10:34   #2849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine is company sponsored but issued to me. Planning to take a home loan next month, which is why eager to know the implications.
So was mine. The card would have your name embossed, and the company name below it. They'd have made you sign some docs at the time of applying. The net result is that you'd be risking your credit score while regular payments you wouldn't be able to control. Some approval somewhere stuck and your finance team wouldn't make the payment.

To avoid problems you can make the payment yourself before due date. That is the prudent way to use it. Alternatively you should ask for a pre-paid card.
Old 25th June 2018, 11:31   #2850
BHPian

I'm picking up a Hyundai Grand i10 car tomorrow.. and an idea just struck me if I could purchase the same with my HDFC Diners Black card? I plan to pay the entire amount before the due date and will not be using their expensive financing.

Spoke to the dealer and initially they demanded 1.25% additional for payment by Credit Card but later agreed to not charge anything additional.

Then spoke to HDFC and they also have no issues with this either.

What would I gain by routing the payment via my Credit Card? I will get 3.3% reward points which equals to almost 20k in value terms.

Any other demerits you can think of?

Last edited by vikash49 : 25th June 2018 at 11:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks