Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 11:34   #3841
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
As I have started paying electricity bills through Amazon Pay, I have got the Prime now as the 2% difference is more than made up for me within 3 months.
Even I have been doing electricity, BSNL broadband and Bharath Gas payments through this CC only. And for the first time, I did the life insurance premium payment through this card. I was expecting 2% cashback thinking that it will be considered as bill payment. But to my surprise, the cashback offered was 5%. So, this is really a good CC, especially if you are buy major stuffs from Amazon and has a prime membership.
I got this card almost an year back and so far I have received the cashback of around Rs12000.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 13:50   #3842
BHPian

I tried the CRED App a couple of days back but it shows my old expired card. I have received multiple cards after that but for some reason these guys are still picking up the old one. Not able to proceed any further and there customer support seems non existent.

No response on Email or WhatsApp or Chat.

Anyone faced this issue? Can we continue with old number and make payments? Doe s it work that way?

Any way to get customer support talking?
Old 28th September 2020, 14:14   #3843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I tried the CRED App a couple of days back but it shows my old expired card. I have received multiple cards after that but for some reason these guys are still picking up the old one. Not able to proceed any further and there customer support seems non existent.
You can archive expired / surrendered cards, however any new card (Even if it is a renewal of the old one) needs to be added manually.
Old 28th September 2020, 15:15   #3844
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
As I have started paying electricity bills through Amazon Pay, I have got the Prime now as the 2% difference is more than made up for me within 3 months.
What is the cashback % for utility bill payments. Is there any cap on upper limit per month.
Old 28th September 2020, 15:16   #3845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
You can archive expired / surrendered cards, however any new card (Even if it is a renewal of the old one) needs to be added manually.
That is the problem. I don't remember by first card number and the app can't proceed for registration without it. It doesn't allow me to add any new card of my own for now. It is forcing me to complete my old card number.
Old 28th September 2020, 17:31   #3846
BHPian

Quote:
I regularly pay my electricity bills through PayZapp, and get 5% cashback. Have a choice of using my wallet balance, debit or credit card. If I use credit card, I get additional cashback on top of the 5%. Works well for me.
Old 28th September 2020, 18:00   #3847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
What is the cashback % for utility bill payments. Is there any cap on upper limit per month.
It is 2% cashback for the utility bill payments. And there is no upper cap on the cash back amount.
Old 29th September 2020, 08:33   #3848
BHPian

Even I have been enjoying the cashback from the Amazon ICICI card but am curious to know if can we view the break-up of the cashback being received. I did an approx. tracking of my credit card purchase to calculate the cashback for the first month or two and it did show similar numbers. But just wondering if there is a way to view the break-up?
Old 29th September 2020, 11:33   #3849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I regularly pay my electricity bills through PayZapp, and get 5% cashback. Have a choice of using my wallet balance, debit or credit card. If I use credit card, I get additional cashback on top of the 5%. Works well for me.
I do this as well, and is quite good considering the card points+cashback.
But there is a max cap on the cashback - 200/300 rupees per month for bill payment i think.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 18:23   #3850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Okay, after using this card for around 2 years, time has come for me to part with this card. When I took this card, they had told me that it will be life time free. Then, last month I got a call from bank stating that I need to open a SB account with them to make it life time free. Now, even after opening SB account with them, they are telling me that the annual fee will be waived off only if my previous year spend exceeds 5l. And, I don’t spend that much in a year. So, I am left with no other option but to cancel this card.
When I was just about to cancel my card, I wanted to give a last try and hence contacted the person who had told me about the offer (of converting the CC into life time free, if I open a savings account with them). That person gave me a slimmer of hope initially. But later I started believing that person. Even then, it took more than 3 months of relentless pursuing from my side to get this done. Couple of days back I got the email from HDFC stating that my card has been converted to LTF. I still did not believe till they reverse the annual fee amount (of Rs11800) in my account, which they did yesterday.
Old 1st October 2020, 19:17   #3851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
Wow, this is news to me. Could you elaborate on the additional cashback part? The additional 5% kicks in on using any HDFC credit card, is it? Somehow I was not able to see the additional 5% offer live on the payzapp website / app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
If you have this card as Life-Time Free, then that is a lowest reward rate of 6.75% on this card (4 Reward Points = 1 Re). Any other option and the reward rate only increases. There is a slight issue when the card is not free. You have to spend 1.5 Lacs to ensure fee waiver. Even with that, the lowest reward rate is 2.5%.

For me, Amex MRCC makes sense as I have it as Life-Time Free & I recently took a paid Amex Gold Charge Card (First Year Free). This is now ensuring 2200 Points monthly for a spend of 10 x 1000 Rs. transactions (Most of which are loading PayTM or Amazon Pay). Also, I look at options like Taj Vouchers (@ 18K & 24K milestones) or Reward Point Conversion to Marriott Bonvoy Points. This pushes the reward rate cumulatively on both these cards in the region of 12-14% easily. For Example - Rs. 14,000 worth Taj Vouchers at 24,000 Points which is achieved in 11 Months on a total spends of 1.1 Lac Rs.
Going by the all the hype over the Amex MRCC by some of you folks, I went ahead and got the card last week. However, the card is not life-time free I'm told and comes with a milestone spending catch. How does one convert this into a life-time free card? And could you also clarify that the best conversion rate out of MRCC is through Marriott Bonvoy points, if I am not wrong?

Cheers,
Vijay
Old 1st October 2020, 19:44   #3852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Going by the all the hype over the Amex MRCC by some of you folks, I went ahead and got the card last week. However, the card is not life-time free I'm told and comes with a milestone spending catch. How does one convert this into a life-time free card? And could you also clarify that the best conversion rate out of MRCC is through Marriott Bonvoy points, if I am not wrong?

Cheers,
Vijay
MRCC as LTF is given only during offer periods. From what I understand Amex comes up with LTF MRCC offer once a year for a month of so. The timing differs though.

However, I hope you applied thru a referral as via referral the Annual fee is 1500 Rs and via direct website application, it still shows as 4500 Rs.

Best conversion is Marriot Bonvoy Points or 24K Gold Collection Taj Vouchers.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2020, 08:38   #3853
BHPian

Ideally, how long does it take for cashbacks to be credited?

I bought Samsung Note10 light on Amazon using the Citibank offer in July and have still not received the 5k cashback in the account. Wondering if I should reach out to the customer care now.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:09   #3854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

I bought Samsung Note10 light on Amazon using the Citibank offer in July and have still not received the 5k cashback in the account. Wondering if I should reach out to the customer care now.
It actually depends on the terms and conditions which are usually mentioned in the offer details. It differs from card to card as far as I've seen. Mostly the conditions would say something like 3 months but I've seen some debit/credit card offers where the terms and conditions would say that the cashback would be received only within 6 months of purchase.

I think such offers which promises cashback in anything more than 3 months is not worth it and we shouldn't fall for it unless you are actually looking forward to purchase the product irrespective of the offer. By the end of 2 months after the purchase, most of the people would not remember or wouldn't bother tracking it. I used to track such promised cashback/gift card offers in the past. It helped me once as I contacted the bank's customer care and they apologized for the delay and immediately sent me the gift card.
Old 2nd October 2020, 09:44   #3855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post

It wil be credited 3 months after the offer period ends. I bought a tab from samsung and this what was communicated to me by Samsung guys.

OT: What were the key things that made you buy Note10 lite, OP8,S20, M51 were these considered?

Thanks
zaveed

Most Viewed