Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2021, 14:31   #4741
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anees_Offl View Post
First 2, then 1, then you need to validate your card with the PIN, then you have a complaint option(2) and subsequently you will reach the CC Exec. I had called the same number and its working. Pls check.
Thanks for these steps, it did work

They accepted my request to reverse the finance charges. I am told it will reflect in the unbilled statement within 48 hours.
Shubbi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 17:33   #4742
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Got this message on my Amazon account regarding my Amazon ICICI credit card. Now I can get 5% cash back on fuel transactions. The cash back will be limited to Rs.150 and only one transaction per card per month is eligible for cash back.
Thanks for this. I spoke with customer care about the 1 month criteria, it is calendar month so you can fill up today and get the cashback for august and then again next week for September. The cashback payout is a long process but today being last day of August anyone eligible can use the offer.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 19:35   #4743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Thanks for this. I spoke with customer care about the 1 month criteria, it is calendar month so you can fill up today and get the cashback for august and then again next week for September. The cashback payout is a long process but today being last day of August anyone eligible can use the offer.
Do we have to enroll manually for the same OR all are enrolled by default?

I have made quite a few fuel purchase on the ICICI Amazon CC in August and am yet to see any cashback.
Old 31st August 2021, 20:02   #4744
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Do we have to enroll manually for the same OR all are enrolled by default?

I have made quite a few fuel purchase on the ICICI Amazon CC in August and am yet to see any cashback.
I think it's applicable on all cards. Cashback is only on first transaction and amount should be credited post 25th September. Exact wording is amount for this month will be credited post 25 days after end of the month. You can see the screenshot someone had posted a few posts back and it mentions this, I had quoted that same post earlier.
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:28   #4745

I applied for a HDFC card on 20th August. However the application status still says "In Process". One of my friends also applied around the same time and his got approved. Should I wait for some more time or can reapply ?
Note : Both of us are not existing HDFC customers
Old 2nd September 2021, 16:26   #4746
BHPian

Just got hold of sbi bpcl octane credit card. Where can i use the card for maximum rewards apart from fuel? I already have sbi prime, hdfc millenia & amazon pay credit cards.
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:04   #4747
BHPian

I have an Amazon Pay ICICI card for which I use regularly. Last month bill was ~31k and I paid Rs.220 less by mistake. In this month statment, I was charged an interest on entire amount of 31k i.e. interest is Rs.1549 and a GST of Rs.279.

When I called the customer care , they reversed the interest, but they claim they cannot reverse the GST component since it is already paid. Is this valid?

Any vendor should have an option to reverse GST if an invoice is cancelled, right?
Old 4th September 2021, 11:26   #4748
BHPian

I have a HDFC regalia first card. When I was offered credit limit increase in January, I refused for the same. After going through the thread, I realised that it was a mistake. On checking the net banking, it says that currently the limit cannot be increased. My average spends are 30-40% of the limit.

If I request them through e-mail, will they increase the limit? Secondly, does requesting limit increase affect the credit score? (I wish to increase the limit only for improving the credit score)
Old 4th September 2021, 12:13   #4749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
When I called the customer care , they reversed the interest, but they claim they cannot reverse the GST component since it is already paid. Is this valid?

Any vendor should have an option to reverse GST if an invoice is cancelled, right?
GST can be reversed but vendors generally don't take the hassle, more so when they are not affected (you are ). GST reversals are frowned upon by the authorities, and cancellations may bring the vendors under greater scrutiny which nobody wants.
DigitalOne is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 15:13   #4750
BHPian

I tried to apply for the IDFC Select First card this morning after hearing reports that they are approving cards relatively quickly instead of a long wait. But alas they don't support my home PIN Code which is a first for me. I live in somewhat of a known suburb of a metro city and have never seen any cards including AmEx not support my PIN Code.
Old 5th September 2021, 09:41   #4751
BHPian

Re: NFC payment from iMobile - ICICI

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
With yesterday's update, you can now pay via NFC if you have ICICI's iMobile Android app. Both my visa cards(credit & debit) can be configured. Ru-pay & MasterCard, not yet, not sure about iOS. Downside, it takes no less than 5 clicks to get to the 'make payment' page in iMobile; meaning that you will need internet to do this and this is why I will continue to use Gpay. High tech stuff mounted on a bullock cart. With Gpay, all one needs to do is enable NFC, that's all. Happy to be corrected, but, I think Gpay(NFC) works w/o internet as well.

Image 1 - Home page of iMobile - You'll TapnPay at the bottom right
Image 2 - Card selection
Image 3 - Click make payment
Folks - ICICI appears to have released another update. The iMobile app now works like any other NFC enabled app like Gpay. Tried it out yesterday. All you have to do is enable NFC, set iMobile as the default contactless payment app and you're good.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 11:44   #4752
BHPian

Quote:
Amex has a small shop offer ongoing where you can use your card at a list of neighborhood stores and get flat 500 cash back for transactions of min 1000. You need to login to your account on the website and save the offer to your card, you can search the list of applicable stores by pincode and do 5 such unique transactions in different stores.
Thanks, found a grocery store and a restaurant to use around my place: https://www.americanexpress.com/en-i...all/merchants/

Just got 15 membership points upto for upto a total of 10k points on insurance payments offer, but I already finished all my insurance payments. In the last few years, I have seen insurance offers every now and then, but I never get to use them as none of my due dates even remotely coincide. How do people take advantage of them? Do you somehow just pay in advance even when they are not due?
Old 5th September 2021, 13:02   #4753
BHPian

Quote:
Amex has a small shop offer ongoing where you can use your card at a list of neighborhood stores and get flat 500 cash back for transactions of min 1000. You need to login to your account on the website and save the offer to your card, you can search the list of applicable stores by pincode and do 5 such unique transactions in different stores.
The offer may also be applicable on the add-on cards, though each needs to be registered separately: https://offerenroll.americanexpress....76952ShopSmall
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 13:17   #4754
AZT
BHPian

Update on the AMEX small shop offer - If your neighborhood store / restaurant etc listed on the offer page refuses to accept AMEX, you can swipe another card and share the charge slip or SMS with AMEX customer support team and they will reimburse you the 500 rs. I was not aware of this and had a transaction with another card and the next day I saw this posted on another card forum, so called up, found out the process an sent a screenshot of the transaction message from my ICICI card. Have been told I shall get the 500 cash back in 5 working days.

They also told me to that I can claim this again as well if another place turns down my card, only for the names listed on the offer page btw. I was happy with the response, think I’ll start using AMEX more often now.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 19:26   #4755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I tried to apply for the IDFC Select First card this morning after hearing reports that they are approving cards relatively quickly instead of a long wait. But alas they don't support my home PIN Code which is a first for me. I live in somewhat of a known suburb of a metro city and have never seen any cards including AmEx not support my PIN Code.
Simply try applying with another pincode from an adjacent area.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks