Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 16:39   #5446
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
No offense meant but I had just suggested that you can avoid closing the FASTag while transferring the car.
Now you have closed your existing FASTag, get the refund and throw the existing FASTag in the dustbin. Then the New owner will apply for new FASTag, pay the fee and stick new tag on the car.

Instead of throwing the existing tag, the same could have been used by the new owner is what I wanted to convey.

This is what I did too (using existing tag instead of throwing it away).
Thanks I got your point. But in my case I sold my car to CARS 24. So I don’t know the buyer actually hence sought this option.

Your information is also really helpful thanks once again!
chetancm7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 17:26   #5447
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
What to do? Should I cancel those two and apply through NHAI freshly or through Paytm or similar UPI. And also use different mobile numbers. Kindly advise. Thanks in advance, regards Ramesh
I think you can have multiple tags on one account. Have you tried this option ? So instead of diff banks, just one bank which has worked best for you, and 3 tags. Close the tag account with the other banks.
Old 6th January 2021, 17:41   #5448
BHPian

Perhaps a silly query but still here it goes.
I have a HDFC fastag which is stuck just below the dashcam (meaning top center of the windscreen) however, for some reason the toll sensors cant seem to pick it up (90% of times) and even handheld scanners work only 50% of times.
I have another ICICI fastag which I havent stuck on yet. Does it make sense to manually bring the ICICI one to the windscreen or handheld scanner while driving through tolls whenever the HDFC one isnt picked up?
Or should I remove the HDFC one and stick the ICICI? or should I just have both stuck on?
PS: I have a garware ice cool shield on the windscreen. Is that possibly why the detection is low

Last edited by superutp : 6th January 2021 at 17:43.
Old 6th January 2021, 18:25   #5449
Senior - BHPian

Mine is pasted on the far left of the windscreen, since I have a dashcam mounted permanently in the center. I have 3M film on as well. That's not an issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by superutp View Post
I have a HDFC fastag which is stuck just below the dashcam (meaning top center of the windscreen) however, for some reason the toll sensors cant seem to pick it up (90% of times) and even handheld scanners work only 50% of times.
Old 7th January 2021, 11:55   #5450
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This looks like an issue with your tag and not with the location where you fixed it on windshield.

If you compare the distance between tag reader at toll booth and tag on windshield, you will notice that there is no location on the windshield which can be termed as near to reader.

Each toll booth has different location for setting up tag reader, some you would have noticed has on the right hand side, few has on left hand side, some have it mounted on the roof of the booth.

Having the tag on middle of the windshield , had an advantage that it was easier for toll booth operators to locate when scanning and also doesn't block the view of driver.
Old 7th January 2021, 11:57   #5451
BHPian

Axis bank Fastag not able to recharge since morning via their already pathetic website.

Then I tried NEFT (for the first time) to recharge. My bank account says success, but not reflected in Fastag account.

Multiple calls to call center, and they respond saying systems are slow

Need to move in an hour, and I think I have to end up paying cash .

If somebody is selling you Axis bank Fastag, avoid it like a plague and RUN!!
Old 7th January 2021, 12:49   #5452
BHPian

Quote:
I have another ICICI fastag which I havent stuck on yet. Does it make sense to manually bring the ICICI one to the windscreen or handheld scanner while driving through tolls whenever the HDFC one isnt picked up?
Or should I remove the HDFC one and stick the ICICI? or should I just have both stuck on?
PS: I have a garware ice cool shield on the windscreen. Is that possibly why the detection is low
I had the same problem with garware ice cool shield film. Just cut a rectangle on the film the size of the tag and paste a new tag (as the old tag will be rendered useless). You wont have any problems in detection of the tag henceforth. Mine was an ICICI tag on XUV 500 with Garware windshield film.
Old 8th January 2021, 14:14   #5453
Senior - BHPian

Vehicle owners will get a cashback of 5% over payment of toll through FASTag at toll plazas on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Bandra-Worli Sealink from January 11.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-smartselect_20210108141107_chrome.jpg

The scheme will be applicable for cars, jeeps and SUVs for a limited period. The cashback scheme has been launched in order to promote the use of FASTag

Quote:
During every journey, five per cent of the toll amount will be directly deposited in the FASTag account of vehicle owners travelling on Mumbai-Pune Expressway and Bandra-Worli Sea Link," Vijay Waghmare, joint managing director of the MSRDC said.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 8th January 2021 at 14:17.
Old 8th January 2021, 23:16   #5454

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
Axis bank Fastag not able to recharge since morning via their already pathetic website.

Then I tried NEFT (for the first time) to recharge. My bank account says success, but not reflected in Fastag account.

Multiple calls to call center, and they respond saying systems are slow

Need to move in an hour, and I think I have to end up paying cash .

If somebody is selling you Axis bank Fastag, avoid it like a plague and RUN!!
I did recharge today around noon and was successfully able to do via credit card.

Their portal needs to be little user friendly.
Old 10th January 2021, 15:22   #5455
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know if fastag is readable through any rfid scanner, to get just the fastag id (not bank account and other personal data). I’m thinking if it can be used to validate entry and exit in an office or a residential community.
Old 10th January 2021, 15:58   #5456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if fastag is readable through any rfid scanner, to get just the fastag id (not bank account and other personal data). I’m thinking if it can be used to validate entry and exit in an office or a residential community.
Definitely possible. Reason I say this is because of the recent news I read about using Fastag for Parking at Malls and Airports. By making charges as Zero or somehow disabling the bank related stuff, this should be possible.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...728927070.html
Old 10th January 2021, 16:17   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Hi,

Yes, Fastag is readable by an RFID reader. it will read the tag id as embedded/encoded in the Fastag. If you have a system to work with that ID, it will do so, like opening up a boom-barrier or record In-Out time etc.
Old 10th January 2021, 17:17   #5458
BHPian

Hi,

One of my FastTags is from SBI. I keep getting the SMS saying please do KYC for your SBI fastag in 30 days or else it will be void. I tried installing the SBI fastag app and logged in. While I am able to recharge from the app i dont see any option for initiating a KYC request or uploading any document for KYC. What should i do now? Who are these Fastag SBI Agents? How to approach them? Any pointers here guys? ps - have sent a request to the sales person from the showroom too. Let see.

Regards
Dev
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20210106193933337_com.android.mms.jpg  

Old 10th January 2021, 17:36   #5459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
One of my FastTags is from SBI.
Was in this situation 2 months back.

Send the self attested copy of RC, Driving License and Photo to helpdesk.fastag@sbi.in . This is theoretical procedure we got from the phone listed in SBI Fastag page. He said it would take a week for the KYC to be updated.

We had a drive the next day, bought an ICICI tag enroute at Pangthangi and got rid of the SBI tag at Solapur

If you don't have a drive scheduled in the immediate 2-3 weeks, you can go through with the KYC 'procedure' (or) get rid of this SBI tag and get an additional tag with another provider you might have (or) order online from a provider your choice.
Old 11th January 2021, 01:02   #5460
BHPian

Anyone facing issues with SBI fastag KYC, please PM me. I will try my best to help you out. No commercial interests, only trying to help a fellow bhpian.
KA18 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks