Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2016, 16:11   #166
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Had applied for Fastag on 3rd September by calling up Sandeep (09513385794) whose number is given in this thread.
He came home, collected the cheque, photographs and other documents and promised to get back to me with the tag in a weeks time.
Called him up multiple times, and he kept promising to come the 'next day'.
Meanwhile, ICICI had sent a message saying that my Customer ID was created, and the cheque got cleared.
Was able to create a login to the Fastag portal and could see all the details including my tag ID.
However, never got the tag, and the issue now is that Sandeep's number does not seem to exist anymore!
Have raised this issue now with ICICI and they have promised to forward my complaint to the service head.
Waiting to see how this will end up!
Old 18th September 2016, 17:10   #167
Senior - BHPian

Okay. My first long trip using FasTag was done today. To be frank, my experience was "mixed bag".
Walayar Toll booth - FasTag worked extremely well (My mood: Happy and proud)
L&T byepass - knew that FasTag would Not work (My mood: Happy)
Toll before Avanashi town - FasTag worked okay. Scanning was done manually, but the got out of the toll booth quickly (My mood: Happy)
Kumarapalayam Toll booth - FasTag worked well. Scanning was done manually, but the got out of the toll booth quickly (My mood: Happy)
Vaikuntam Toll booth - FasTag worked well. Scanning was done manually and took some time for the toll booth clerk to finish the scan(My mood: slightly upset)
Omalur Toll - FasTag lane was closed. Had to pay cash. (My mood: upset)
Thoppur Toll - FastTag lane was closed. Had to take the normal route. When I told the clerk about FasTag, he says I should have come on the next lane (which was closed). Had to pay cash (My mood: Totally pi**ed off, and even questioned the purpose of FasTag)
Krishnagiri Toll - FasTag lane was open. Scanning was done manually (by a security guard), but the process was quick (My mood: slightly improved)
Attibele Toll - FasTag lane fully operational. Scanning done automatically (My mood: slightly improved)

Overall experience: There seems to be lot of hesitation from the toll booth operators to implement FasTag in the right way, and with the right spirit. In many places not much time could be saved.
Old 19th September 2016, 21:03   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally KIA airport toll worked smoothly for me except that I almost had to stop at the RFID energizing arch to activate the tag. Was debited after nearly 6 hours.

See the video below:

Last edited by itwasntme : 19th September 2016 at 21:05. Reason: URL
itwasntme is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 20:19   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Finally KIA airport toll worked smoothly for me except that I almost had to stop at the RFID energizing arch to activate the tag. Was debited after nearly 6 hours.

]
Finally it worked for me too this evening

After a series of detailed follow up with NHAI, received a letter today with a detailed explanation. Copy of the letter is appended.

It appears that the RFID tag installed by the car OEM is interfering with the Fastag tag. I removed the OEM tag and it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NHAI_fastag.pdf (311.1 KB, 465 views)
adnaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 20:36   #170
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent FasTag experience on NH4 (Bangalore-Mahabaleshwar-Bangalore) trip..
On the Bangalore-Satara route FasTag worked or was allowed to pass via the designated lane at the following tolls:
  • Elevated section toll near Nagasandra (did not receive SMS yet)
  • Nelamangala (did not receive SMS yet)
  • Guilalu Rs.60, received SMS
  • Hirebagewadi Rs.80, received SMS
  • Anewadi Rs.55, received SMS

On the Satara-Bangalore route FasTag worked at the following tolls:
  • Anewadi Rs.55 (did not receive SMS yet)
  • Hirebagewadi Rs.80, received SMS
  • Guilalu Rs.60, received SMS
  • Chokkenahalli Rs.17, received SMS
  • Nelamangala Rs.20, received SMS

Notes:
  • At other tolls, the FasTag lane was either closed or wasn't operational.
  • At Hirebagewadi/Guilalu (not sure), the attendant at the booth handed me the hand-held scanner and asked me to point on the tag and press the red button in the middle to Authenticate the tag
  • Hubli toll of Rs.61 - the toll booths issue old school coupon type receipts, they don't even have a computer/other electronic equipment inside!
  • At couple of tolls, the attendants were sitting near the beginning of the lane about 50m before the toll booth with hand-held scanners, scanning and then allowing to pass through the lane.

Last edited by SDP : 29th September 2016 at 11:27. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 12:58   #171
BHPian

Wrong Deduction on FASTAG

I would like to report a wrong deduction on my FASTAG and I suspect it was intentional. There was repair work going on on derabassi bridge and I had to go to Ambala, so I took a circuitous route which met the Ambala Jalandhar highway and there was a toll at Shambhu for 66 Rs. The FASTAG lane was closed and not operational and when I reached the toll window, a person came with a hand held scanner and scanned my FASTAG sticker.

While coming back to chandigarh, it was late in the night and though the repair work was on and the traffic was slow, i came through derabassi and not through Sambhu. And toll was deducted at Dappar Toll.

When i checked the deduction on the site, I found that at Sambhu toll was deducted twice - one towards Ambala and another towards Jalandhar. I have raised a complaint on the site. Let us see what happens.
Old 30th September 2016, 12:14   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Few of my friends on a whatsapp group suggested me to go to BETL office or any of the tolls to get the tag immediately, hence decided to do that today and went to BETL office around 3PM. I was out by 4.15PM with the tag on affixed on my car and with Active status.

Documents Provided:

1. Application Form (Duly Filled)
Do you have the contact number of this person @ BETL office. Was planning to go tomorrow afternoon, but would obviously like to confirm that he is there, and the cards are in stock, and can be activated at a moment's notice.

Is the application form available online as well?

Cheers.
Old 30th September 2016, 15:01   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Do you have the contact number of this person @ BETL office. Was planning to go tomorrow afternoon, but would obviously like to confirm that he is there, and the cards are in stock, and can be activated at a moment's notice.

Is the application form available online as well?

Cheers.
Yes the application form is available online, here is the link for the same

http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CUS...Downloads.aspx

You can fill this form in advance and go with all the relevant documents, which makes the process quick.

Contact number: Manjunath - +91-8884970301

Also they have enabled online application, where you can fill in all your details and apply. Again you might have to wait till they process the application, collect the documents and dispatch the tag. So better to visit personally and get the tag immediately.
fusionbang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:24   #174
BHPian

Got the tag finally. Had to go to the Bommanahalli ICICI branch. The guy insisted on sticking it on the middle of the windshield, around the IRVM area. Should this be done or can I stick it somewhere else like the top left corner ?
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:27   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
Got the tag finally. Had to go to the Bommanahalli ICICI branch. The guy insisted on sticking it on the middle of the windshield, around the IRVM area. Should this be done or can I stick it somewhere else like the top left corner ?
They insist on sticking it in front of the IRVM because that's where the personnel manning the FASTag lane entry at the toll booths are trained to look at.

The tag will work even if you keep it inside your pocket as the tag reader does not need a line of sight. But, it's better to keep the FASTag tag away from other RFID tags such as the default one stuck on the windshields of newer vehicles (top left corner, usually), special parking tags, Company Access cards, etc
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:36   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Contact number: Manjunath - +91-8884970301
Just reached out to Manjunath. He does not work with Fastag/ICICI anymore.
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:46   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
You can try Nagesh (+91-9986580842) from ICICI. I got it done from him few months back.
AutoInt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:47   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh that's sad. So whoever visits the BETL office next time, kindly collect the contact details of the new person and post it here, so that it will be helpful for others who are willing to get it.
Old 3rd October 2016, 13:06   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
They insist on sticking it in front of the IRVM because that's where the personnel manning the FASTag lane entry at the toll booths are trained to look at.

The tag will work even if you keep it inside your pocket as the tag reader does not need a line of sight. But, it's better to keep the FASTag tag away from other RFID tags such as the default one stuck on the windshields of newer vehicles (top left corner, usually), special parking tags, Company Access cards, etc
In Mahindra, the OEM one is stuck in the middle of the Windscreen. So am planning to stick my fastag on the non-driver's sun visor (upside down, and on the side that faces the passenger). Plan is to simply lower the visor when I approach the tool-booth. This is because I have a pathological dislike for stickers of any kind on my car.

Quote:
Oh that's sad. So whoever visits the BETL office next time, kindly collect the contact details of the new person and post it here, so that it will be helpful for others who are willing to get it.
I should hopefully go there today. Will do the needful.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:45   #180
BHPian

Quote:
New person- Prashanth.

Contact nos: 7026349864/ 9886745679

Timings: Mon-Fri: 10.00 am till 5.30 pm
Sat: 9.30 am till 3.00 pm

I got my fasttag in 15 mins. The benefit of going here is that you can verify the details - mobile no, car no etc. as the person keys it into the system.

Cheers,
Ajay
ajayclicks is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks