Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2016, 09:14   #436
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Again ICICI fastag login site is down from today morning. (https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/).
Old 21st December 2016, 10:37   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Again ICICI fastag login site is down from today morning. (https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/).
Site is back up now. Recharged my account.
Old 21st December 2016, 11:17   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Site is back up now. Recharged my account.
Its been this way ever since they did the payment gateway migration couple of weeks back. Sad state of affairs.

One doubt I have is about the payment part when the site is down. Does anyone know if Tag is working at toll booths during the site down time?
Old 21st December 2016, 12:51   #439
BHPian

Fastag experience from Bangalore to Cbe and back last week

Blore - CBE

Attibele - Dedicated lane manned by security. Fastag worked fine. In and out quickly
Krishnagiri - all vehicles allowed in fastag lane. Tag did work. Only advantage is cashless. No time advantage
Thoppur - All vehicles allowed in fastag lane. The whole toll was chaos. Tag worked
Vijayamangalam - Dedicated manned Lane. tag worked . in and out quickly
Kaniyur - Dedicated manned lane. Tag worked

Cbe-Blore
all tolls had dedicated manned lanes except the krishnagiri toll. Tag worked everywhere

If one wants to use the fastag to go cashless, it works fine. But if you also want to use to save time, it works only in certain tolls. The krishnagiri toll is especially bad as they always seem to allow all vehicles into lanes dedicated for fastag.

Fastag as a mode to save time during peak travel season is mostly useless as the toll operators open up all lanes for everyone to manage queues. When I used to pay cash, I used to prefer the rightmost toll lanes to avoid having to fight lane cutters from both sides. But with fastag that little peace of mind maneuver is no longer possible.
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 13:56   #440
Senior - BHPian

Tags were out of stock when my relative checked in the EC Elevated office on 21st Dec morning, they mentioned it may take a week for the stock to arrive. Looks like a mad rush for the Xmas and New Year travel
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:10   #441
BHPian

I submitted all he required documents at he ICICI bank bhandarkar Road Pune branch on 13th December. I was told that the fast tag will be issued in 8 to 10 working days. But still as on today neither I have recieved the fast tag nor the cheue for Rs500/- debited to the bank account. My friend also got in touch with the bank and he was told that they have stopped issuing the new fast tags untill 31st December.

Any one aware of this or anyone has recieved the fast tag applying after 15th December ?
Old 22nd December 2016, 10:23   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Out of all the demonitisation news, for me this is the best article
Quote:
Demonetisation of old Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 notes has pushed toll payment through electronic mode rather than in cash, something the highways ministry failed to do in the past two years. In the past 20 days, toll collection through electronic mode increased by at least 540 times, according to NHAI data.

Sale of FASTags, a common tag that can be used across all toll plazas on NHs, has increased from only 1,462 on December 1 to 5,635 on December 20. The average daily sale of these tags is around 3,223. Since its launch two years back, the banks responsible for popularising the use of these tags had sold only 1.08 lakh tags till November 30. The toll collection through electronic mode went up from Rs 65,897 on December 3 to nearly Rs 3.58 crore on December 21, NHAI said.

"The numbers will increase significantly next month. Now four banks - ICICI, Axis, IDFC and SBI - are selling tags. They will reach out to bulk buyers such as truck fleet owners and cab operators in a big way. What we need to do is increase the number of lanes that can process the tags to deduct toll," said an NHAI official.
Though at present, highway operators are also collecting user charges using point of sale machines, the aim is to convert more people to use FASTags.
News link

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
Any one aware of this or anyone has recieved the fast tag applying after 15th December ?
It could be due to shortage of tags. This is the same case at POI's in Bangalore also if you check previous posts.
mpksuhas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 15:42   #443
BHPian

got my fastag sticker from POS in Sriperumbudur toll Gate. The person comes in at around 10 Am. It is better to call him up before you go. My card was isssued and activated in 15 minutes as the ICICI site that they use was very slow.Do PM me in case anyone needs the contact number of the person who issues the tag in Sriperumbudur Toll Plaza
joecherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:03   #444
BHPian

Used fasttag for the first time today during my bangalore alleppey trip. I could easily save around 30-45 minutes. Most of the fasttag lanes were manned. At Vaikundam, fasttag lane was dug up, and the etc lane at trissur was open to all.
I did not see many cars using fasttag, but national permits trucks were using it.
All in all very impressed and happy with ETC
Old 22nd December 2016, 19:54   #445
Senior - BHPian

Anybody from Hyderabad who has had an application processed for FasTag?Could you kindly share your experience and process from intitiation to end-Please
Old 22nd December 2016, 21:01   #446
BHPian

I tried to contact Mr Sudheer the whole day today but he did not receive the call. Seems like he is overwhelmed with FastTag requests.
Old 22nd December 2016, 22:04   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Anybody from Hyderabad who has had an application processed for FasTag?Could you kindly share your experience and process from intitiation to end-Please
Wednesday submitted details on ICICI website. Got a call on Thursday. ICICI FasTag executive Ganesh [Mobile # 9000964176] collected my documents on Friday afternoon from my residence and my Tag was ready by Wednesday. Got delivered to my office on Thursday.
Old 23rd December 2016, 17:06   #448
Senior - BHPian

Just got our Fastag today after a wait of 3 weeks. Surprisingly, the tag was delivered by courier.

After a short trip to Kerala last week, this is what I noticed:
1) At times, it's better to pay by cash! There may be four vehicles in line while the other cash booths are empty!

2) There seems to be no plan of making any new ETC lanes apart from the existing ones. With a lot more registrations after the demontization move, this SHOULD be done.

3) Credit card payments should be avoided and scrapped! It's super slow! It takes close to 5 minutes per transaction and even more if the servers are down.
We used only 10s and 20s notes and it proved very helpful. Once paid, we were out in 20 seconds average!

4) All tolls are in the multiples of 5! Nice move!

And on the other hand, personally hand over the documents at the designated POS! The representative insisted that he would collect it by himself and never came. Even after repeatedly following up! Wasted several weeks on that!

Last edited by Turbohead : 23rd December 2016 at 17:07.
Old 24th December 2016, 21:08   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari

Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari:

No issues with the tolls till dindigul, Fastag worked without any issues. But the last 4 tolls starting from Madurai didn't work.

Kappalur - Fastag yet to be implemented
Etturvattam, Salaipudhur, Nanguneri - Fastag lane closed due to technical issues. They have no idea on when this issue will be resolved.
Old 24th December 2016, 21:21   #450
BHPian

I just noticed that of the 500 rupee cheque I gave, only 100 are available as balance. They charge 400 for the tag!

Last edited by LithiumSunset : 24th December 2016 at 21:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks