Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 18:55   #1411
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
You have to ignore all those guidelines and phone instructions.....
Hope it does as mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
.....Anyone here who has the paytm fastag activated and working? Please share your experience....
Delivery date is mentioned as 20th September but I am expecting it earlier. I will wait for comments from someone who has actually used the Paytm Fastag.

Meanwhile I got the below info from Paytm website about Fastag. Only step 1 is done for us and they will still need the photo and KYC. It also mentions that the Fastag will be fixed on the vehicle by the representative of Paytm Payments Bank only
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag_paytm.png  

jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:00   #1412
BHPian

Thanks all for the updates. Will do the waiting game till mine goes into 'active' status and then try at a booth.

However there is catch - does anyone have 'clear' idea on how to top up Fastag wallet? Yet again customer care doesn't. One thing they told though is that once 'activated' there will option to topup fastag wallet. My friend has 'active' status but he doesnt have option to topup yet.
Old 8th September 2017, 19:08   #1413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
However there is catch - does anyone have 'clear' idea on how to top up Fastag wallet?
As far as I know you need not top up the Fastag wallet, money will be deducted from your Paytm wallet only. The Fastag balance is to be used in case there is zero balance in the Paytm wallet.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-recharge.png  

Last edited by jayantvs : 8th September 2017 at 19:17.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 19:10   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
As far as I know you need not top up the Fastag wallet, money will be deducted from your Paytm wallet only.
i was under the same notion untill the customer care person contradicted it saying it is a separate wallet and we need to add funds to it. but there will be an option to auto sweep from paytm wallet. Again I am not sure. Bunch of idiots at Paytm tollfree.
Old 8th September 2017, 20:55   #1415
BANNED

Where to fix it?

Another question that has been in my mind. Which is the best location to fix the fastag sticker? Do we stick it:-
a) in the center of the windshield near IRVM
b) driver side top corner
c) or keep it somewhere in the car

Here I have about the RFID scanner not picking up the tag sometimes so which is the best location? Do they have handheld tag reader in case the overhead reader does not pick it up?
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 21:32   #1416
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Where to fix it?

Quote:
Another question that has been in my mind. Which is the best location to fix the fastag sticker?
First two options are good I think. My fastag was an early one from 2015 and the ICICI representative said it has to be stuck in the middle behind the IRVM which he did himself, so I and no choice. In some cars, this place may have some security sensor/radio antenna etc in which case you can't use this space.
If you have the option, I'd suggest you don't yet paste it to the windshield and rather just tape it to a piece of plastic sheet and in turn tape that sheet to the windshield. After some experimental runs at various tolls, decide between one of the two locations and then stick it there.

Last edited by NPV : 8th September 2017 at 21:34.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 23:39   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
In some cars, this place may have some security sensor/radio antenna etc in which case you can't use this space.
Exactly, I can't stick FASTag next to IRVM. Company provided RFID is already there and just below it I have installed my dashcam. Got a suggestion to stick FASTag on top right corner of the windscreen, considering that toll booths are on right and in case they manually need to scan, it would be easily accessible.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20170818_133444.jpg  

Old 9th September 2017, 00:00   #1418
BHPian

Quote:
Another question that has been in my mind. Which is the best location to fix the fastag sticker? Do we stick it:-
a) in the center of the windshield near IRVM
b) driver side top corner
c) or keep it somewhere in the car

Here I have about the RFID scanner not picking up the tag sometimes so which is the best location? Do they have handheld tag reader in case the overhead reader does not pick it up?
First option sir, here's more:

http://www.nhai.org/Guideline%20to%2...RFID%20Tag.pdf
kalyan_hyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 01:02   #1419
BHPian

Fastags do not work in the new generation Volvo's .

The windshield is too thick and both my cars have radar based semi - autonomous driving system which causes issue with fastag. The only place it may work is sunroof.

Last edited by mjumrani : 9th September 2017 at 01:06. Reason: Added more information.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 13:19   #1420
Senior - BHPian

The Fastag setup at Vaikundam toll booth on NH544 between Salem and Coimbatore is behaving erratically. No, it's not the reader because it reads the tag just fine but the deduction is what got my goat.
On 31st August, they charged the right amount. On 3rd September, the amount deducted was that of an LCV. On 7th September, Rs.320 got deducted - toll for a multi axle vehicle. The same car. But the tag reader thinks it's"growing up" :P
ICICI support says they will escalate this as there are many similar complaints already and the incorrect deduction will be adjusted in 10 days.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 14:18   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Fastags do not work in the new generation Volvo's .

The windshield is too thick and both my cars have radar based semi - autonomous driving system which causes issue with fastag. The only place it may work is sunroof.
Have you tried this or are you doubting it? I have tried both active and passive tags on such cars in Europe and they work without fail. The only issue I had was once when the battery of the Active tag was weak and I had to manually hold the tag outside or near the sun roof. But rest of the times the tags worked. The technology being the same here should behave in a similar manner.

If you have already tried and failed consider sticking the tag away from the camera and sensor array on the windshield. The interference from the sensors can also affect the functioning of the tag especially when it's passive.
Old 9th September 2017, 15:44   #1422
BHPian

How do you remove the tag? I am soon getting the PayTM tag so want to remove the HDFC one already stuck on the windshield. But it's stuck pretty tight (3M!). How do I remove it? By heating with a dryer?

Also, I realised PayTM has two different pricing options if you purchase from the PayTM Mall vs the PayTM "Get Fastag" form. If you purchase from the mall, it's Rs. 500 (100 tag + 250 deposit + 150 recharage), whereas on the official FasTag page, they have listed the tag for Car/Jeep/Van at Rs. 200. I am assuming they will eventually reach the Rs. 500 mark by asking more money as deposit and recharge? Or did I pay more money for no reason?

Last edited by beingyukeit : 9th September 2017 at 16:07. Reason: Additional Info
Old 9th September 2017, 16:33   #1423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
Even I have applied for Fastag today through Equitas Bank. Registration, upload of RC Book copy and Payment all took about 10 minutes of time. Now have received a confirmation message on my mobile stating I would be receiving my Fastag within 5 working days. Need to see how it goes.
An update from my end. I have received my fastag from Equitas Bank yesterday. I had ordered for it on 1st of September. The only thing pending is to test it.
Old 9th September 2017, 17:37   #1424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayantvs View Post
It also mentions that the Fastag will be fixed on the vehicle by the representative of Paytm Payments Bank only
All on paper only. My PayTM fastag was delivered today by BlueDart, and they just left it at the apartment security gate, since I was not at home.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 17:53   #1425
BHPian

I'm considering applying for FASTag with Equitas since it seems to have the most seamless experience. Sorry for this noob question, but does the way of topup change between different providers or is there a common FASTag account irrespective of the providers?
In other words, if I buy from Equitas, do I need to use some Equitas related account or is the account common?

Also, if there is an issue with deduction, do I need to contact Equitas if I have bought from them? If so, how does their support compare to ICICI, PayTM etc.?

Most Viewed