Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 19:09   #2176
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
PPF on top of fastag is a no go, tag stops working. I have tried it in my XC90. The glass in XC90 is too thick for fastag to work from inside, so I had to stick it outside with the circuit facing towards toll booth and applied PPF on top of it. The tag did not work at multiple toll booths during a recent drive. I removed PPF, applied clear cellotape on it and it starts working again.I am unable to understand the reason behind it. One may say it was the toll booth issue but that has been ruled out as my friends's car with fastag was able to pass through same toll booth without any issue.
Oh wow! those PPFs from 3M must be really made of something serious if it can block that communication.
Old 12th January 2018, 19:39   #2177
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Another contact for ICICI Fastag at Bengaluru.
Contact of Mr Ramu of ICICI bank , Bommanhalli branch @ 97401 53227 or 89518 79026. I got my tag changed for my safari due to change in registration number. Costed me Rs 250/- for Tag replacement
v&v is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 23:34   #2178
BHPian

I've only recently started using the HDFC Fastag. The first time using it was quite hassle-free. Recently, on the 6th of January, at a toll plaza in Haryana, I entered the Fastag toll lane too quickly behind a heavy axle truck. This somehow confused the system and the barrier would stay closed for me even after the attendants present at the toll plaza made me reverse and approach the barrier a number of times and even made a vehicle from behind me go through it. They then just gave up and asked me to wait at the side of the road. Now I was in no mood to waste further time and proceeded via the cash lane after paying cash. Later I read on the Fastag website that in such a situation the attendants are supposed to use a handheld reader to validate the tag. They failed to do so and were quite disinterested. Anyway, as feared by me, I was charged for that failed attempt to cross via the Fastag lane. So I double-paid the toll. I kept ringing the customer support number for the HDFC Fastag and there's never anyone answering it. To add to my woes, on the 10th of January, I received a text message saying my Fastag account had been further debited Rs 175 for an 'adjustment'. There was no further explanation and it does not even show in the transaction history on their website. I've now raised a ticket on their online portal and hope they reverse the two errant charges. Whilst I really appreciate the convenience the Fastag provides, unauthorised debits such as these scare me and discourage me from further use of the Fastag.
ashnd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2018, 10:52   #2179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
I got my tag changed for my safari due to change in registration number. Costed me Rs 250/- for Tag replacement
Price @ ICICI is 200/-. What was extra 50/- for? Courier Charges?
Old 13th January 2018, 19:47   #2180
Senior - BHPian

Recent news about Fastag. Sale of these tags crossed 1 million mark.
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/62462224.cms

-BJ
Old 14th January 2018, 13:27   #2181
Senior - BHPian

fastags are scanned in almost all tolls across all lanes (atleast during my journey from KA to KL)
ensure you do not pay in cash in a non dedicated lane if you get a green as you enter the toll booth (I did enter cash lanes as some fastag lanes were too crowded).
Old 14th January 2018, 15:42   #2182
BHPian

Pretty bad experience during my trip from Bangalore to Anantapur today morning. Devanahalli toll plaza tag lane is always open to everyone but they allowed me to pass and same was with Bagepalli. Manur toll plaza fastag lane was closed and security asked me to go to next lane, toll agent at that lane said go to fastag lane or pay cash. I lost my patience and ended up having a huge argument with the toll agents and manager. I eventually paid in cash and passed the toll.

I got an SMS from ICICI after about 20 minutes later for the toll deduction for same toll plaza, raised complaint with ICICI about this. I travel to Anantapur atleast once a week and this was the first time my experience was this bad.

Last edited by mjumrani : 14th January 2018 at 15:46. Reason: More information.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 16:40   #2183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I lost my patience and ended up having a huge argument with the toll agents and manager.
Whenever this happens I suggest you simply ask for the complaint book and refuse to leave the lane until they give it to you. And once you have it, enter a detailed complaint.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 21:04   #2184
BHPian

Guys! I have been given a new FastTag with the purchase of the new Fortuner as has been mandated by the government.

How will it be activated? And how do I recharge it? Its Icici bank.
Old 14th January 2018, 21:13   #2185
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Guys, I work for a bank and deal with FASTAg issues day in and day out. Happy to help if you have any queries.
abhjain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2018, 21:49   #2186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys! I have been given a new FastTag with the purchase of the new Fortuner as has been mandated by the government.

How will it be activated? And how do I recharge it? Its Icici bank.
You should get a user id/password for the below fastag login link,
http://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/

If you don't have this, it would be better to contact the Icici fastag customer care.
Old 15th January 2018, 13:25   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Guys, I work for a bank and deal with FASTAg issues day in and day out. Happy to help if you have any queries.
Thanks for your courtesy, may I ask how does this cashback work ? I ask because I have not received any since Sept. last year despite logging service requests. I receive a template response that NHAI/NPCI has not processed hence customer is not provided. Wonder if that is true, since I see posts of agreed cashback given to this very forum members.
Old 15th January 2018, 13:49   #2188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I requested ICICI to cancel my sold car's tag and refund the money. This request is open since 4 months, I have given up as of now. Every time I call them they say it will be done in 1 week .
Old 15th January 2018, 13:49   #2189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks for your courtesy, may I ask how does this cashback work ? I ask because I have not received any since Sept. last year despite logging service requests. I receive a template response that NHAI/NPCI has not processed hence customer is not provided. Wonder if that is true, since I see posts of agreed cashback given to this very forum members.

The cash back is processed by NHMCIL (A separate company floated by NHAI). Consolidated cash back is received every month by member banks who further distribute this to users. As of now we have received cashbacks for transactions done till Nov 2017.
Old 15th January 2018, 13:55   #2190
BHPian

Quote:
I requested ICICI to cancel my sold car's tag and refund the money. This request is open since 4 months, I have given up as of now. Every time I call them they say it will be done in 1 week .

Hope you destroyed the Fastag? As per the process the issuer would like to posses the destroyed fastag or have an indemnity signed by the user before cancellation.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed