Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2019, 19:43   #3691
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Lets see what happens. In the mean time, if any of you get any update please let us know.
I could get two FASTAG's for my vehicles via the process explained in my above post in about 10 working days.
csr9 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th November 2019, 20:43   #3692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The sun film could possibly be the culprit here since you've had problems with 2 other tags earlier and they weren't detected even with the hand held scanner.
Other reasons could be if the tag was stuck on the dotted enamel frit porion of the windshield, that could cause the tag to not be detected as well.
Another reason could be if the tag is stuck very close to the car's factory fitted RFID sticker.
The last two possibilities are ruled out in my case. I haven't pasted the Fastag on dotted portion and also my car doesn't have Factory fitted RFID tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I remember someone mentioning a similar issue earlier on this thread. However, are you having any other RFID on your windshield, vehicle manufacturer provided one ? If so that may be causing the issue.
I too remember someone has asked query regarding sunfilm. But it was replied that Sunfilm doesn't cause any hindrance between tag and reader. But I am highly doubtful about sunfilm be the culprit here. During my last trip to Nashik I observed that every car's Fastag was getting detected automatically. When my turn came the reader refused to detect my Fastag and even hand held machine could not read the tag. The attendant told that tag is blacklisted due to low balance but the message not displayed on screen. But when I showed him the balance on mobile he waved me to go free.

Every help in smooth detection of my Fastag from fellow members is highly appreciated.
Old 14th November 2019, 09:36   #3693
BHPian

Hi sandeepsc, which car are you driving ? Since I am also having the same issue,replaced 2 fastags of icici . I too have a garware sunfilm on my windshield. And I drive an XUV 500. Have removed the factory fitted tag too,but too no avail.
Old 14th November 2019, 09:51   #3694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
replied that Sunfilm doesn't cause any hindrance between tag and reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
too have a garware sunfilm on my windshield
Maybe it's a function of type of sunfilm as well. I have 3M film on my windshield and have been actively using my fastag for almost 3yrs now. Baring a couple of instances where it wasn't detected, it's always been detected by both handheld as well as fixed scanners. Tag is affixed behind the RVM on the windshield.

Last edited by procrj : 14th November 2019 at 09:52.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2019, 15:07   #3695
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sandeepsc, which car are you driving ? Since I am also having the same issue,replaced 2 fastags of icici . I too have a garware sunfilm on my windshield. And I drive an XUV 500. Have removed the factory fitted tag too,but too no avail.
Presently I am driving Verna Fluidic 2011 model. Reading your response that you too are facing similar issue, i am now opinion that this particular Garware Sunfilm has the cause of the problem. Experts can through light on this issue.

Will it be good idea if i cut the Tag size portion of the sunfilm and paste the Fastag there?
Old 14th November 2019, 15:48   #3696
BHPian

I am using a Garware Ceramic coated windshield film, what about you? I have also done the same thing,yet to try at the toll though.
Old 14th November 2019, 15:48   #3697
BHPian

I was applying online on the ICICI portal for fastag. I could not view Tata Vista D90 in the list of vehicles. Maybe it is because the model has been discontinued.

Should I just choose Indigo vista and go ahead ? Any suggestions ? I will of course call up their customer support.
Old 14th November 2019, 16:29   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
I am using a Garware Ceramic coated windshield film, what about you? I have also done the same thing,yet to try at the toll though.
It has been close to 8 years for installation of Garware Sunfilm. So i don't remember which type of sunfilm i installed on front windshield. As you have cut the portion of the sunfilm and pasted the Fastag there, please do share your experience once you you visit the Toll plaza.
Old 14th November 2019, 22:27   #3699
BHPian

I just applied for a FastTag on ICICI mobile app. It asked me for car number, make and model. And then it took me to a page with address and mobile number. From there it said my Tag is activated. I also got a SMS.
How long does it take to get the Tag delivered. And also how do I track it on the app? I can't see any option to track my request.
Old 15th November 2019, 06:45   #3700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
For adding multiple vehicles to ICICI FASTAG account, you need to go though the below on their portal,

Helpdesk ->Request information/inquiries -> Type (Request) -> Subtype (tag related) -> Title (Addon tag)

Request for new tag indicating vehicle number & Customer ID should be included in the description box.

RC copy can be attached on the same page.

Once the above is done, CUG wallet to be recharged by selecting "pay to CUG wallet" on payments page.

Hope this helps.
Have tried this now. Let's see how it goes. Thanks mate.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 09:30   #3701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Should I just choose Indigo vista and go ahead ? Any suggestions ? I will of course call up their customer support.
I guess this would be a more appropriate selection than Indigo Vista:

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-vista.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
How long does it take to get the Tag delivered. And also how do I track it on the app? I can't see any option to track my request.
The official SLA is 8 working days, which was what it took for my FASTag to be delivered. Not sure how to track it, except by calling their call centre.
comfortablynumb is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 11:47   #3702
Team-BHP Support

If I want to change Fastag providers, is it just a matter of getting a new one or do I have to cancel one to get another?

My current one is SBI that came with the car, so I'm hoping to avoid a clingy ex situation.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 12:03   #3703
BHPian

I got my third ICICI fastag in just one day. I was in ICICI branch for some other work when i saw a lady talking about Fastag. I inquired to her about my Fastag problem. She gave me the number of person who handles ICICI fastag in Mumbai. I just called him and explained the problem which i am facing. He said tag might be faulty here and you will receive new tag in one day if you mail your order today itself. I mailed him and next day i got the new Fastag. The tag amount ₹100 got deducted from my CUG account.
Old 19th November 2019, 08:26   #3704
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

With the Dec 1 deadline for all vehicles to have Fastag at NHAI tolls fast approaching, this was in today's newspaper. What's interesting is
Quote:
Starting December 1, vehicle users who do not adopt the FASTag mode of payment will have to pay double the regular fee at toll gates.
R K Suryawanshi, regional officer, National Highways of India, Bengaluru told TNIE that this step had recently been notified in the government gazette too.
http://epaper.newindianexpress.com/c/45900847

Source:Indian Express, Bangalore edition 19 Nov 2019

*Remains to be see how this will be implemented. If all lanes are FASTag enabled, any vehicle without the tag will be violating this rule and will need to pay double the toll fee. But, will there be at least one cash lane for a short period to enable the transition ? I'm wondering about this because I see so many vehicles at toll plazas still without the tags and many seem to be blissfully unaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If I want to change Fastag providers, is it just a matter of getting a new one or do I have to cancel one to get another?

My current one is SBI that came with the car, so I'm hoping to avoid a clingy ex situation.
I would suggest canceling the earlier one from SBI (I don't think it's mandatory to or a pre-requisite to cancel the old one to get one from another provider, but hopefully you will get the refund as well), removing the tag sticker from your windshield and destroying it and then pasting the new one.

Last edited by NPV : 19th November 2019 at 08:30.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 10:02   #3705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I would suggest canceling the earlier one from SBI (I don't think it's mandatory to or a pre-requisite to cancel the old one to get one from another provider, but hopefully you will get the refund as well), removing the tag sticker from your windshield and destroying it and then pasting the new one.
FASTAG being a payment instrument just like a credit or debit card(in a minor way) and also a tracking instrument it is mandatory to cancel it officially to avoid misuse and disputes.

This is what I found on the Terms and conditions page of Equitas Fastag

"The tag issued to the tag member shall remain the property of Equitas Small Finance Bank and shall be surrendered to Equitas Small Finance Bank, on request. The Tag member shall be responsible for returning the Tags to Equitas Small Finance Bank for cancellation in the event the services are no longer required by the Tag member or if the services are withdrawn by Equitas Small Finance Bank for any reason whatsoever.
In case of loss of the Tag, The Tag may be blocked by the Tag member by calling up the customer care at 1800-103-1222 & furnishing the required information for blocking the card and as more specifically provided for under clause titled as “Lost or stolen cards”."
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed