Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2021, 18:53   #5491
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Got this today:

NETC FASTag now accepted at "Electronic City Toll Plaza & NICE Road - Bangalore" To reload your HDFC Bank FASTag: resu.io/xxxc T&C
Old 19th January 2021, 19:15   #5492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Got this today:

NETC FASTag now accepted at "Electronic City Toll Plaza & NICE Road - Bangalore" To reload your HDFC Bank FASTag: resu.io/xxxc T&C
But as per users, they are accepting cash only, and no one in toll booth has any clue about Fastag in NICE road.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 01:48   #5493
Distinguished - BHPian

My paytm Fastag has been blacklisted for sometime inspite of balance in the wallet, I have complained to paytm helpline several times but no luck. How else can one get the blacklist out?
Old 21st January 2021, 04:54   #5494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
My paytm Fastag has been blacklisted for sometime inspite of balance in the wallet, I have complained to paytm helpline several times but no luck. How else can one get the blacklist out?
Spoke to the customer support yet? Please do and find out why it was blacklisted. My Paytm Fastag was closed for no reason despite having 200+ Rs as balance. Spoke to the customer support and the support rep confirmed that the tag has been deactivated. He had no clue why it was deactivated.

I had to apply for a new tag and went with ICICI.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 08:51   #5495
Senior - BHPian

Do you remember not using Fastag for say 1 year?

I saw a post on Facebook where one member of a travel related group had posted a screenshot of a SMS by his Fastag provider that his Fastag has been deactivated as per Govt. guidelines regarding non use of the tag for 1 year.

So, apparently, you are supposed to drive on the highway and use the tag periodically as per that information.

Edit: found the link to original post.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/rushla...4078288435099/

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 21st January 2021 at 09:07. Reason: Link added
Old 21st January 2021, 22:17   #5496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
This here could be the reason you're facing problems with the tag:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Quite strange. I have used different RFID tags (never used Fastag till date though) and never heard of such an issue.

Keyword is "If nothing else works" before anyone criticizes this method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
If both tags have same issue, then either the location is the issue OR GLASS may be an issue.
If this works, then there is something wrong with the glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Here is a pic from my S class windshield. Easier to spot from inside the cabin. I have a 6"x4" patch with this pattern where I can place my tag and it works flawlessly.

Attachment 2109953
Looks like I finally have a resolution based on inputs from all of you

But since others might find this useful, posting it on this thread too.

I checked the car's manual and it says there is a heat-reflecting film (IR) which is an option/accessory. Picture attached. Maybe that's why it is not affecting all the Volvos, but only some. The manual also says there is a non-IR covered strip on the top of the windshield.

I checked that from the inside of the car, and you can clearly see a line on top. It runs across the top of the whole windshield. Picture attached. You will note my FASTag is below that line. So guess I will have get a new one and stick it above that line.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-manual.jpg  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-1.jpg  

manualManuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:16   #5497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manualManuel View Post
..So guess I will have get a new one and stick it above that line.
I don't stick the tag directly on the windshield. I paste it on a thick transparent plastic sheet (taken from either a transparent file folder or any packing box made of hard transparent sheet) and cut it to size to make it look like a laminated ID card and then use this card as needed. Why do I go through all this trouble? It is an old habit of refusing to pollute my car's windshield with member/resident/employee stickers. As a bonus, it allows you to reposition the tag or buy another tag from a different provider if need.
androdev is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 23:53   #5498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I don't stick the tag directly on the windshield. I paste it on a thick transparent plastic sheet (taken from either a transparent file folder or any packing box made of hard transparent sheet)...
Food grade cling film works just as well!

As for placement, windscreen ticket holders are a blessing. No stickers on my windscreen except the RTO tag that came with HSRP plates.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 21st January 2021 at 23:54.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 11:07   #5499
Senior - BHPian

Is there any difference between blacklisted fastag and low balance fastag?

Does blacklisted fastag work automatically if amount is loaded or should I contact support team to get it to active state?

Yesterday, my fastag balance went down to 86.00 Rs and i got message stating "your fastag has low balance"

I don't have any plans to go long trip for next two months. Should i load more money now or can I ignore now and load when it is needed after 2 months?

Last edited by gkveda : 24th January 2021 at 11:09.
Old 24th January 2021, 11:48   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does blacklisted fastag work automatically if amount is loaded or should I contact support team to get it to active state?

Yesterday, my fastag balance went down to 86.00 Rs and i got message stating "your fastag has low balance"

I don't have any plans to go long trip for next two months. Should i load more money now or can I ignore now and load when it is needed after 2 months?
As per official documentation - the Fastag system has provision for multiple "Exception Lists" - lists of tags that need to be treated exceptionally.

Blacklist - of tags themselves, or attached to vehicles that are reported stolen - is one such exception list.
Low Balance List - of tags whose balance is "low" as reported by the issuing bank - is another such exception list.

Other defined exception lists are:

List of vehicles exempted from paying tolls (VIP vehicles, emergency services...)
"Hotlist" - which is not specifically defined. Looks identical to Exempted list, but can be populated only by the tag issuer.

Tags enter Low Balance List when the balance drops below a threshold, and automatically exit when the balance goes above it.

Nowadays I recharge only just as much money needed to complete my immediate trip (once had to recharge on the wayside because I calculated wrongly). Otherwise my balance stays in the < Rs. 50 range (plus the security deposit).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 05:42   #5501
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess everyone in MORTH is working overtime to make this deadline successful!

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_20210125000633_samsung-internet.jpg

Last edited by Dry Ice : 25th January 2021 at 05:47.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 07:51   #5502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Do you remember not using Fastag for say 1 year?

I saw a post on Facebook where one member of a travel related group had posted a screenshot of a SMS by his Fastag provider that his Fastag has been deactivated as per Govt. guidelines regarding non use of the tag for 1 year.

So, apparently, you are supposed to drive on the highway and use the tag periodically as per that information.

Edit: found the link to original post.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/rushla...4078288435099/
I think it is misinterpreted. The message reads "There has been no transaction in your xxx Bank FASTag wallet for a period of 11 months. As per RBI guidelines, we will be temporarily deactivating your FASTag wallet in the next 30 days. Kindly use your wallet to avoid interruption."

Have highlighted the keywords. I think just like Bank accounts, which become dormant if unused for 12 months, every wallet has to follow a similar rule under RBI I suppose. All we may need to do is bump up the wallet by adding a few rupees I guess. There is no compulsion to drive on the highway here.
freakmuzik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 08:54   #5503
BHPian

Quote:
From my experience (ICICI FasTag), the blacklisting does not happen in real time as the balance go down. During a trip, I had filled the tag with just the amount required to reach the destination. The balance at the end of journey was 25. I got the a message that the tag has low balance in between when the balance went below 200. The trip covered 11 tolls in 7 hours. The blacklist did not happen. I could have continued for another toll without denying journey.

However, my tag was blacklisted next day morning.

The booths operate based on tag status and not on the balance on the tag. So there may be a delay in updating the tag status as the amount goes low. This delay could be in hours.

Quote:
Yes, the blacklist status is removed once the balance is above threshold amount. Again, its safe to assume that this may take a few hours to be in effect.

Quote:

You can load minimum about for any contingency. I too did not recharge the tag for long time and totally forgotten only to find the tag was in blacklist at E-city toll. Luckily there was no crowd and I could continue using the same lane after paying cash (not double amount).
bejoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 10:49   #5504
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'd strongly recommend loading ~300 bucks and let it sit there. You can never be sure when you need to pass a toll somewhere due to diversions/personal emergencies.

Do you really want to take the risk after 15 February?

Last edited by itwasntme : 25th January 2021 at 10:50.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 13:38   #5505
BHPian

Friends, looking for help. I got the fastag from HDFC back in 2018 December and have been using it since then with no glitches. I had submitted all the documents as needed at that point. Now, last month(Dec 2020), i was trying to recharge my fastag and i saw a message stating that my account has been freezed due to lack of KYC". i have called the hdfc helpline multiple times since then and every time, they say that it will take 15 working days. its been a month now :( . I have also sent them all the KYC documents again via email on 7th Jan but there hasnt even been an acknowledgement from them(let alone a resolution). Anyone had similar experience and could share what can i do differently here for faster resolution? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks