Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2008, 18:14   #166
BHPian

I encountered the same problem yesterday. I normally visit the HP petrol pump near my house. I visited them in the morning and they mentioned that they have only Turbo Jet. I asked them i need only normal diesel and asked when will the next supply arrive. The attendant mentioned after 1pm. I went again at 3pm and he mentions that the afternoon supply is also of Turbojet. I went to the Indian Oil outlet a little further and they had normal diesel. Got the tank topped up. I thought this was an isolated incident, but looks like shortage of ordinary petrol / diesel may be normal to boost selling the premium varieties by oil marketing companies.
Old 18th August 2008, 14:30   #167
Senior - BHPian

Seems we are heading back to same. Today I went to HP bunk for filling petrol. They are closed and no stock of petrol or diesel. :(
ANy body encountered such incidents off late in bangalore?
Old 18th August 2008, 14:36   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seems we are heading back to same. Today I went to HP bunk for filling petrol. They are closed and no stock of petrol or diesel. :(
Yeah !! Yesterday we tried about 3 bunks (IOC) for fuel, Vikram was short on gas and none had any stock.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:07   #169
BANNED

I filled my tank with petrol last evening at the HP bunk (near CBI Junction) on Bellary Road.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:18   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Hi mjothi. Went to Cauvery Auto Services this morning. Petrol available, but diesel out of stock. Called them up in the afternoon, and did not get an affirmative reply regarding availability by evening too. Have decided to starve my car till then (about 80kms or so to go belly up )
Old 18th August 2008, 15:29   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Saw yesterday evening, the HP petrol pump near my home closed. Checked in the morning; they mention stocks will arrive in the afternoon.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:40   #172
Senior - BHPian

Well shortage of fuel is common every day in one or other Bunks, untill there is clarity in crude oil price and oil companies have enough stocks to supply to Bunks this will continue.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 18th August 2008, 15:49   #173
Senior - BHPian

I see this happening "mostly" in HP bunks. Not sure if that was co-incidence, but several times I see HP closing the bunks while others like BP or IOC opened. I am almost dry. Need to put some in Shell or the IBP on old madras road today, else I need to push my 2 wheeler :(
Old 18th August 2008, 16:15   #174
BHPian

I filled up diesel at IOC, Marathahalli in morning, and things seemed to be normal. I didnt see any other bunks because I didnt suspect anything abnormal.

May be the trucks were stuck in some flood prone areas somewhere?
Old 20th August 2008, 07:13   #175
Senior - BHPian

Seems the diesel shortage is back. Read in paper today (chennai edition) that due to shortage, Govt is planing to buy diesel from Reliance. Reliance will get tax rebates.
Old 20th August 2008, 09:25   #176
BHPian

Diesel & Petrol shortage in Chennai too. I'm trying to fill my car for the last two days and i'm not getting them on my way to office and home (Pallavaram to Guindy & back)! Day before Yesterday there was a huge pile up at HP petrol bunk near Airport as other petrol bunks were (BP & IOC) closed. Yesterday it IOC was opened with a very big queue and other were closed. Hope today i'll get some petrol!
Old 20th August 2008, 09:43   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Diesel & Petrol shortage in Chennai too. I'm trying to fill my car for the last two days and i'm not getting them on my way to office and home (Pallavaram to Guindy & back)! Day before Yesterday there was a huge pile up at HP petrol bunk near Airport as other petrol bunks were (BP & IOC) closed. Yesterday it IOC was opened with a very big queue and other were closed. Hope today i'll get some petrol!
Hi mail4loys,
Do you stay in pallavaram.....Yeh you are right there is a diesel & petrol shortage in chennai. I use to travel to sholinganallur to my office and on my way back i fill my pertol at Bharath petroleum in gourivakkam. Day before yesterday they said there is no speed petrol available since there is a delay in supply. Then i filled 10 liters of ordinary petrol and yesterday i went again to fill the speed petrol but still they do not have speed. So i decided to fill ordinary petrol this time.

For the past couple of months we get to hear these fuel shortage very often. Very bad.......!! Yesterday i saw few petrol bunks were shut down because of this shortage.
Old 20th August 2008, 10:03   #178
Senior - BHPian

There seems to a quite a major problem with diesel supplies. I was in Chennai yesterday and there was a jam at nearly every bunk I crossed due to long diesel queues. Bangalore too seems to have been affected. Luckily I was driving a petrol car. BP Speed too was not available at the bunk I topped up in. Dont know if it was the same elsewhere.

Last edited by vikram_d : 20th August 2008 at 10:06.
Old 20th August 2008, 14:47   #179
Senior - BHPian

Fuel Shortage @ Chennai

Looks like there is an issue with BPCL, the regular pump where I fill opposite Pachiappa's college did not have stocks of both Petrol & Diesel. Just before this pump both the HPCL & IOC had stocks and were inviting people to come in. I had filled up finally at IOC pump in Harrington Road where there was no issue.
Old 20th August 2008, 15:52   #180
BHPian

IOC pumps in Bangalore seem to dispense diesel/petrol without issues.
Been to the Bellandur one yesterday night and was able to topup the tank.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks