Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2008, 16:19   #31
BHPian

The shortage is currently prevalent in Central/Southern AP and TN. The condition in AP is also is equally bad as it is in Chennai.The situation may continue or worsen (spread to other locations as well) unless some drastic measures are taken..... No particular oil company is better of in this scene. All the best to all those diesel lovers out there
Old 1st July 2008, 16:22   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
@SB

it usually takes me bout an hour / hour and a half depending on traffic conditions. i did it in about 50 mins this morning.
as for the distance- have measured it- it is 14kms. office is now near lifeline -not after ASV suntech.
i came to office all drenched in sweat- had a wash and changed into office clothes after a liberal spray of deo. so i think its working.

it felt good- felt energetic and not tired as i expected.
I did this route / distance on sat- and was so exhausted- its not funny. now i just need to see if i cna sustain this.
madan,

when do you start from home in the morning? Its gets very hot and humid around 9 and i can't even imagine anything like what you are attempting. Way to go.

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 1st July 2008 at 16:24.
Old 1st July 2008, 16:48   #33
BHPian

In the papers it was mentioned some logistics problem with BP's diesel shipment. The article went on to say that this put heavy load on the other companies supplies. I really find that hard to believe. If one company has supply problems, will all other bunks in the city run out of stock??

And what about petrol? they didnt mention any problem with petrol supply and still there was no stock of petrol too by end of yesterday.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:00   #34
BHPian

petrol is now available everywhere though some bunks ration it
Old 1st July 2008, 17:37   #35
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i took my cycle and cycled to office today, 14kms - took me less time
Good going, Madan! You will be fitter in a month. Cycling is awesome for stamina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
no idea... it looks like an artificially created situation... but who knows
Unfortunately, you may be correct. Its not only due to BPCL supply problem, as the oil companies claim. Its a known fact that all oil companies have reduced their outflow by as much as 50%. Its a game that the government and oil companies will play....the sufferer being only the end user.

Quote:
local and central govts. should have intervened and sorted out the problem. they are keeping quiet for reasons known to them.
Well, they have more important things to worry about. Like the next elections

It would be wise to top up your tank whenever it reaches the 3/4 or 1/2 mark.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
as of now it feels nice, good excercise and it was fun to see the cars and trucks lining up for fuel and you not worrying at all...
Your mass is your own fuel, way to go big boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Its a known fact that all oil companies have reduced their outflow by as much as 50%. Its a game that the government and oil companies will play....the sufferer being only the end user.
Absolutely right. The oil companies are rationing the fuel to cut down their supposed 'losses' & making us suffer in the process.

Any news of LPG availability ? I have to fill up something tonight or else i might have bettered madan's effort by pushing my car back home. LOL
Old 1st July 2008, 17:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Normally, oil companies have reciprocal arrangements to save on transport costs. Which means the petrol pumps are supplied by the nearest refinery - like, say, if BPCL has a refinery closest to a place, even HPCL and IOC are likley to source fuel from them for their own pumps, and vice versa. For branded fuels, they would have their own fuel of course. That is why it is possible that if one refinery has problems, even the other guy's petrol stations run out of stock.

Another problem is that oil companies are cuting their output and are running out of money to buy crude. Soon, you are going to see total fuel stock-outs and severe shortages in the coming months as crude prices continue to rise and the Govt of India pretends that there is no hike - they have taken on the task of giving us all free fuel. So don't blame the oil companies, blame the Govt. You are going to see some tough times ahead. As of now, crude prices keep rising, expected to touch USD 160 a barrel soon.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Normally, oil companies have reciprocal arrangements to save on transport costs. Which means the petrol pumps are supplied by the nearest refinery - like, say, if BPCL has a refinery closest to a place, even HPCL and IOC are likley to source fuel from them for their own pumps, and vice versa. For branded fuels, they would have their own fuel of course. That is why it is possible that if one refinery has problems, even the other guy's petrol stations run out of stock.
The funny part is that chennai has some BIG refineries right here.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:52   #39
BHPian

an update on strike news.. trucks from most southern districts in tamil nadu have already stopped. they were estimating that namakkal which produces the maximum number of eggs in the country, will loose (perish) almost 2.4 crore eggs a day if not transported.

if the lorry strike is not sorted out, prices might spiral out in the next few days.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
an update on strike news.. trucks from most southern districts in tamil nadu have already stopped. they were estimating that namakkal which produces the maximum number of eggs in the country, will loose (perish) almost 2.4 crore eggs a day if not transported.

if the lorry strike is not sorted out, prices might spiral out in the next few days.
Are fuel tankers also part of the strike? Not heard of them participating in the strike, at least not in the Bombay region.
Old 1st July 2008, 17:59   #41
BHPian

i dont think the fuel tankers are on strike, this is the rest of the crowd.
Old 1st July 2008, 18:00   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
The funny part is that chennai has some BIG refineries right here.
I think Chennai Petroleum Corporation (erstwhile Madras Refineries) is now a subsidiary of IOC, and they must be bleeding like the other Oil Marketing Companies. Not surpised they have run outt of money to refine fuels.
Old 1st July 2008, 18:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
i dont think the fuel tankers are on strike, this is the rest of the crowd.
Till date, most trucker strikes that i remember, the fuel trucks were kept running. this time, i get a feeling, OMC's would use the trucker strike to their benefit, and cut down on supply. Will need to watch, i guess.
Old 1st July 2008, 18:57   #44
BHPian

for guys who can read tamil

Daily Thanthi Article Pages

it mentions that oil tankers are also joining the strike. cant verify the claim though
Old 1st July 2008, 20:04   #45
BHPian

the bunk on sarjapur outer ring was out of stock and closed this morning. Hopefully the truckers will withdraw their strike soon. Apparently they are protesting the recent fuel hike, little do they know another round of hike will be on the cards if crude touches the 170 mark.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks