Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 00:36   #106
Senior - BHPian

Update

Diesel is available in a HP bunk on Kothapet Road near Ranga Reddy Court, which leads to NH9 towards Vijayawada. I was in a urgent, so didn't had time to check whether it was premium or normal diesel also I don't know whether there was any "quota/rationing".

Today(17th July), i will check again and get back with the Updates.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:34   #107
Senior - BHPian

Update 2

Got to know that the diesel is available in Hyderguda BP bunk as of 16th night 10:30PM. My dad got our Indica tank full.

Few of hyderabadi folks will come to fill up their cars' tanks after I check the availability of the fuel. (sought of mini meet at BP bunk )

@hyderabadies, have a watch on this thread. (pm/sms me, i will keep you guys posted)

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 17th July 2008 at 18:35.
Old 17th July 2008, 18:54   #108
Team-BHP Support

raj... any updates? I am about to leave from Hi-Tech in another 5-10 mins. I will go to Taj and pick up my wife from the convention and then depending on your update will land up there. So time to check the status dude. If not anything at least take a jerrycan and fill up at least one jerrycan so that if stock gets over by the time I reach there I can use the jerrycan to have enough to reach home.
Old 20th July 2008, 22:40   #109
BHPian

How is the situation in hyd now?
I am curious since I am planning to drive to hyd next month.

Today there is no diesel in most petrol bunks in bangalore today.
I guess it is linked to power crisis. Today there was no power for long time, and all malls etc are running full ACs and lighting with generators, and they sucked up all diesel in most bunks.

One bunk had premium, but didnt fill since I wasnt sure they will sell premium, or if they were selling regular at the price of premium.
I saw a auto with two drums to get Diesel at the same bunk as well. I guess all generators are sucking diesel from fuel outlets. Just praying for more rains, and power situation to ease up to help with this.
Old 21st July 2008, 08:55   #110
BHPian

Guys, the diesel shortage is back in Bangalore. A few of my friends and I have been facing this problem since yesterday. I was lucky to fill in my tank at the Indian Oil bunk next to Koshy's. But one of my friend who tried to fill in this morning was not so lucky. He had to finally fill in at Shell where the diesel rate is around Rs.62 per litre
Old 22nd July 2008, 09:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Guys, the diesel shortage is back in Bangalore. A few of my friends and I have been facing this problem since yesterday. I was lucky to fill in my tank at the Indian Oil bunk next to Koshy's. But one of my friend who tried to fill in this morning was not so lucky. He had to finally fill in at Shell where the diesel rate is around Rs.62 per litre
what the ? you are joking right? R.s 62 for diesel omg

yesterday the gojer bunk near cantonment station was out of fuel. Oh and My area we are having 3 hours of unofficial power cuts nowdays.
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:43   #112
BANNED

Really I didn't know that bangy was also facing shortage. Yeah lots of candle usage these days but I upped my tank only last week and will not have to visit the bunk for another two weeks.
Old 22nd July 2008, 12:19   #113
BHPian

I fill up at a HP pump near my residence. I saw no stock sign yesterday, but did not take it seriously. After reading the posts here, i am beginning to feel that the diesel shortage is for real. I will try to top-up today.

Are the pumps waiting for the trust vote result?....lol
Old 22nd July 2008, 15:20   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
I fill up at a HP pump near my residence. I saw no stock sign yesterday, but did not take it seriously. After reading the posts here, i am beginning to feel that the diesel shortage is for real. I will try to top-up today.

Are the pumps waiting for the trust vote result?....lol
Yesterday, there was no stock at IOC next to Forum, HP St.Johns, and BP at Manipal.
Finally got it at IOC Marathahalli.
Things seem to be easing up. If there is no power on weekends for long time in day, generators will take up all diesel, and it will take around 2 days for supply chain to settle down.
Expect such things till power situation betters.
Moral is fill up at half tank to avoid last minute search.
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Tried to fill up today after my office transport admin told cabs are not plying due to fuel shortage.

No stock in pumps nr Big Bazar/Forum, St Marks IOC, FraserTown BPCL, cox town HP.
Finally found nr Lingarajapuram IBP. Rationed to 400/- bucks!

Why cant they make all gensets run on BioDiesel!
Old 23rd July 2008, 13:50   #116
Senior - BHPian

Diesel shortage is quite severe in bangalore. On my way to work, I could see a long line of cabs and diesle vehicles standing in queue at every petrol bunk.
Situation is not going to improve until the power shortage is resolved.

There seems to be no shortage of petrol though.
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:11   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post

ahh thats a relief

Need to tank up my car(petrol) heading out of town tomorrow....

Fuel scarcity has become so normal these days....guess we have to get used to it like we have got used to power cuts....
Old 23rd July 2008, 14:37   #118
Senior - BHPian

I always do fill up after every 500 km run.

which bunks in South Bangalore are not having this shortage of Diesel?

Last edited by DieselFan : 23rd July 2008 at 14:40.
Old 23rd July 2008, 15:18   #119
Senior - BHPian

the diesel shortage is because all bulk purchase is happning from retail outlets.

the petroleum cos made it quite clear that companies are to purchase bulk fuel requirements from the company itself. just the other day, i went to fill some petrol, and there was this truck in front of me filling empty cans- each can had a capacity of about 7K bucks worth of diesel (regular diesel) nad there were close to 16 cans inside.

Im not looking forward to another round of mass hysteria due to a fuel "shortage"

Last edited by madan80 : 23rd July 2008 at 15:19.
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:03   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Diesel shortage is quite severe in bangalore. On my way to work, I could see a long line of cabs and diesle vehicles standing in queue at every petrol bunk.
Situation is not going to improve until the power shortage is resolved.

There is no shortage of petrol.
Diesel shortage is because of generators. This scarcity increases towards weekends if there are 6-7 hours outage.
Govt need to atleast "request" malls, commercial complexes, and office complexes to turn off escalators and non-essential lighting etc while running on generators. Atleast that much govt should do, and spread the awareness among people to reduce power usage.

I have started using stair case(9th floor), and I am turning off non-essential power in places like cafeteria myself even if admin folks do not do.
After all I seeing effects of shortage

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks