Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:02   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Govt need to atleast "request" malls, commercial complexes, and office complexes to turn off escalators and non-essential lighting etc while running on generators. Atleast that much govt should do, and spread the awareness among people to reduce power usage.

Better Still, force all Diesel gensets to use BioDiesel! Two birds one stone!

Folks in Hyderabad, can you confirm if there is any Diesel shortage in Hyderabad ? I've to drive down from Bangalore to Hyd this weekend, and dont want to be stranded!
thanks
S

Last edited by smsrini : 23rd July 2008 at 19:04.
Old 23rd July 2008, 19:07   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Folks in Hyderabad, can you confirm if there is any Diesel shortage in Hyderabad ? I've to drive down from Bangalore to Hyd this weekend, and dont want to be stranded!
thanks
S
Me too...
I will be driving to Hyderabad for Aug15th long weekend.
Please update.

Also Srini, it would be great if you can PM or update road condition, I need not start another thread
Old 24th July 2008, 10:41   #123
BANNED

Does anybody know where I can get diesel in Bangalore? All the bunks I've tried say "no stock". I need to drive out tonight - any news about shortage in TN? I've got enough to last me until Krishnagiri.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:02   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

@dicorex, which part of BLR are you in ?

The bunks are getting stocks at different times. Some places I checked said 1 pm. Two others had stock last night, but gave out only 1k worth for filling into the vehicles. One other place had stock today morning.

Funnily, the bunks say that they will top-up any can you can bring - even a drum. But your vehicle gets only 1k worth.
Old 24th July 2008, 11:25   #125
BANNED

Will start from Whitefield at ~4 pm.

svsantosh, how's the scene at Hosur?
Old 24th July 2008, 11:38   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Start as early as you can. Any bunk with a line of diesel vehicles is what your serach should be targeted at : Sumo's, TT's, Qualis', Indica's , 407's etc.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:09   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

thanks
S
I own a petrol car, so I have no idea of diesel shortage. I read today in TOI that many bunks are not having stock of diesel in Hyd.
I suggest you PM mobike008, zappo or kkr2k2 for feedback on diesel.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:15   #128
BANNED

C'mon guys,

Its not that there are is no supply for Diesel, Its only that all our IT companies, our Malls, and different other companies that use Diesel Generators gulping up all the available diesel before we could get our hands on them.

Blame it all on power failures, What circle of life dude, no power- no diesel.

Where's my spiderman suit guys,
Old 24th July 2008, 18:23   #129
Team-BHP Support

smsrini, the diesel availability in Hyderabad is just as good or bad as in bangalore. What it means is that there is a new task now on the agenda permanently. Whenever we are out we keep track of the bunks. Whenever there is a queue of diesel vehicles or at least that dreaded "No desel stock" (or a variation of it) board is seen absent in a bunk you line up and fill in. As simple as that.

Sometimes I even fill up diesel worth just 300 or 400 bucks because thats all my car could take since the last refill. Its kind of a non-stop nonsense as one of my close friend calls it but life goes on just the same.
Old 24th July 2008, 18:43   #130
BHPian

Diesel-Gold

Had tough time sourcing diesel for my new Palio 1.3 MJD,now its tanked up

Petrol cars are the happy ones with no problem in getting the expensive fluid.

Was wondering if I should have gone for a LPG car as there is no effect on them neither price nor supply
Old 24th July 2008, 22:01   #131
BANNED

Thanks condor, since I didn't know how the situation was in TN, decided to go to Shell. No rationing at Shell BUT a litre of diesel is 65.95 :-) Tanked up at Shell Whitefield with ~50 litres

On the way to Chennai (took NH207 from Whitefield till Attibele), noticed that the BP bunk at the junction of Varthur Road and NH207 had diesel but huge queues and police present.

Hindsight is always 20:20 - should have carried on with what I had & filled as soon as I crossed the TN border. But didn't want to take a chance.

My advice - if in Bangalore, its a short drive to the TN border to tank up on diesel, which is freely available in TN. Cheaper too.
Old 24th July 2008, 22:11   #132
BANNED

Quote:

thanks
S
Correct me if I am wrong but I think its been proven that bio-diesel is not at all environment friendly?
Old 24th July 2008, 22:13   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Me too...
I will be driving to Hyderabad for Aug15th long weekend.
Please update.

Also Srini, it would be great if you can PM or update road condition, I need not start another thread
In Hyderabad, you can get diesel in the 4th or 5th bunk you scout along the road and it is restricted to 500 or 600 bucks per wait. And no normal diesel - only premium diesel at Rs. 2 extra per liter.
But I noticed cabs are getting full tanks.
Old 24th July 2008, 22:36   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

SmSrini, The problem of diesel is over, atleast i feel so. I don't see the same rush as i noticed last week.

Just to be on the safe side, wherever you see a good bunk on the highway or nearer to hyderabad, top up, whatever you can!
Old 24th July 2008, 22:54   #135
Team-BHP Support

actually the problem is far from over Avi. Only that people have overcome the initial jolts and have become smarter now. Diesel supply is still intermittent in Hyderabad. Only that now people do not wait for the last tank fill to get over. Whenever they see a bunk dispensing diesel they get the tank back to the level. So basically the panicky situation has abetted for now as people always have enough to rough it out for a couple days or so if they do not get any diesel. News is grim as they are predicting that september will get tougher as regards to supply constraints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks