Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2009, 08:57   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Their age is in the range 10-12. Speak something and response is " You live for your car ? ", " You are very poor at heart ".
Absolutely, you suddenly become the 'Chote dil waala'. Or something like 'Its just a car' OR 'Hes just a kid'. Oh yeah then what about the payments we make through our noses ?
Quote:
They are again kids. What I really wonder is the brought up of those kids and the humans that mess up with other's cars.
The question is did we do such things when we were kids.
My answer is no. Not at all. I do not remember a single incident where I committed an act of vandalism as fine as a scratch.
Was I told not to touch other's things, hell yes.
Was I scared of getting caught, hell yes!
I hope I can teach such things to my kids when they come of age.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 12th October 2009 at 09:00.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:07   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Mod's note: Thread merged with similar topic. Continue further discussion here.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:23   #423
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Places to be avoided for parking cars:

1. Near to liquor shops (low profile)
2. Fishermen(seaside) settlement
3. Slum of any sort
4. Apartments with lots of mischievous kids (impractical to avoid)
5. School areas
6. Heavily congested markets
7. Parking lot next to two wheeler parking
8. Under or close to HT power transformers (as it drains battery)
9. prolonged parking near seaside needs to be avoided as your metal surface get corroded
10. Left lanes of fully occupied roads (I have seen many times car drivers park their car on the left lane of a (non-)wider road even if the road is flooded with traffic)
11. Lanes of small town as the kids in those areas equally dangerous for cars. Some times we will really have embarrassing time seeing poor people asking kids to sit on a car of their relation who are visiting them. If we leave them alone in the car I'm sure some way of other they mark their territory.
At this rate we won't be able to park our car anywhere.

Problem is with our basic civic sense. Only possible way to avoid all these is to hire a driver. But that's obviously not possible for everybody. Other option is to take public transport.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:42   #424
BHPian

My 1 week old linea got a broad scratch in the shape of an 8 on the front left fender.
And 2 weeks later a check mark like that of Verisign on the boot.
Both done deliberately, by humans.

Thankfully not deep, but is an eyesore none the less.
PS: I have a black car, hence the scratch really stands out.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:57   #425
BHPian

My Punto Got it first scratch last week and that took a big one starting from the front fender to the rear fender, these people have actually done this 3 time on the same side.

And some idiot has opened his door so roughly that it has made a dent on my right rear door that too in office parking.

I dont understand why people do not respect others property.
Old 12th October 2009, 10:30   #426
Senior - BHPian

These incidents will keep on going-no escape.
When we go to a particular place, the first thing one look is where to get some parking place, but cannot be choosy that the place should be safe and the car will
be there as it was,without any scratch, till we come back to the car.
There are people who purposily do this and get satisfied after doing a dent or scratch on some one's car (some sort of psycho problem ?).

You park the car in a street or inside lanes and then you find the childrens playing cricket there - whatever space available - what we can do?
We cannot tell the children not to play cricket there because children from all the houses in the lane will be there. If you keep fighting with them, then definitely the damage will be more.
having said all above, what is the solution? nothing, unfortunately we had to live with it. It will be paining when you see a sratch or dent on your new car after spending your hard earned money?
Unless people change themselves, this will keep on going.
Sorry.
Old 12th October 2009, 12:04   #427
Senior - BHPian

I dont use my car much in city, so it is parked in front of my house. but i can find some scartches and dents appearing on it...

There are lots of people who have that sadistic mindset and we all know what they are capable of doing!
Old 12th October 2009, 12:46   #428
BHPian

I got a few scratches on my car as well....all done by some budding artist....now what can I say..its actually quiet a painful experience as u tend to keep your cars in top shape and some a** comes around with his key or stone or whatever comes around and does this.
Old 16th October 2009, 13:52   #429
BHPian

It is not always a kid.

In my case, It was a full grown up idiot. He did it because I asked him to move out of the parking place where he was standing and chatting with his group of friends. It was at Nilgiri's and when I came back from shopping I found my Black color SX4 KEY'ed. I knew it was him as he was staring at me when his friend moved him out of the parking and I parked my car there. It happened just 2 days after I got my car delivered. Now as you all are aware, how visible these marks are on the black paint. Now I learnt to live with it but whenever I hear incidents like this, the pain comes back.
Old 16th October 2009, 14:19   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Can't agree more!!! The way I swear has "improved" by miles and bounds (check with my lady-friends and the wives of the guys)!!
That's very very true. Nobody knows that better than my wife. She had never heard me swearing before when I owned a bike (She was my girl-friend for 3 year until we got married). I bought my car after we got married. Now she always complains that I swear like anything while driving my car.
Old 9th December 2009, 19:23   #431
Senior - BHPian

Found the right thread to post it.
Somebody did this to my santro yesterday at ghaziabad

Mods, if it is offensive, then kindly remove it.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-dsc03678.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-dsc03679.jpg  

Old 9th December 2009, 22:31   #432
Team-BHP Support

I understand your pain. Actually, I went through the same trouble with somebody writing explitives on the bonnet of the indica with a blade. Unfortunately, on black its very visible, so I had not option but to get entire bonnet repainted.
Old 10th December 2009, 12:04   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Found the right thread to post it.
Somebody did this to my santro yesterday at ghaziabad

Mods, if it is offensive, then kindly remove it.
Here in Bangalore, artistic scratches are very common but deliberately writing expletives is something that suddenly brings in mind that it can happen only in our own North.
Old 10th December 2009, 13:16   #434
Senior - BHPian

thats sad, sidindica.

Something similar happened to my cars fuel lid, right outside my house, no idea who did it, kids or adults. Will upload pic later today.
Old 11th December 2009, 13:39   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I think a Shock sensor as with Nippon central lock system should keep kids away from the car.
Some kids were playing with stones near the apartments we used live in earlier. My car was only 5 days old.. and a stone hit the car...that dent is still on my left rear door. Its so annoying.. but what i could do ...

Actually as opposed to acting like a detterent, i see the little devils getting a quick out of shaking the car and raising the alarm. that's when i got mine deactivated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks