Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 23:57   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

Is this a Vandalism or some kind of grafics,or maybe some one wanted to polish his car and forgot to rub it down after applying the turtle wax.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-carrrr5.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-carrrr2.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-carrr1.jpg  

Old 12th December 2010, 00:02   #512
Senior - BHPian

Ahem. Seems like the car is on a pilgrimage.
Old 15th December 2010, 11:24   #513
Senior - BHPian

^^ Yes, in south people generally do that when going for pilgrimage. Its not vandalism.
Old 16th December 2010, 10:38   #514
BHPian

In my apartment there is no place for prking my car. Hence I park it at my uncle's place which is 2 streets away. Sometimes when i have to leave early morning or when I take the car out for shopping and need to go again, I park my car in the vacant space opposite to my building at the other side of the road. Whenever I park it there overnight... I see scrathes all over. One day its in the bonnet and next in the side. Some bugger has has used a Key and drawn a big line that starts from my cars head light and ends in the tail lamp!! Now the estimate to get all these pacthed up comes to around Rs. 8000 at maruthi!!
Old 16th December 2010, 12:58   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbourne View Post
In my apartment there is no place for prking my car. Hence I park it at my uncle's place which is 2 streets away. Sometimes when i have to leave early morning or when I take the car out for shopping and need to go again, I park my car in the vacant space opposite to my building at the other side of the road. Whenever I park it there overnight... I see scrathes all over. One day its in the bonnet and next in the side. Some bugger has has used a Key and drawn a big line that starts from my cars head light and ends in the tail lamp!! Now the estimate to get all these pacthed up comes to around Rs. 8000 at maruthi!!
They dont even need a key.
There is a night school near my place and we have caught so many kids. some with a Rs 5 coin (the fat one) or a small stone and just go scratching all the cars from start to end just for fun.
We even took them to their parents and their parents told us "Do what you want with them i.e. beat them or hand them over to the police but don't come complaining to us about our kids.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:57   #516
BHPian

KIDS!!

Since I park my car at uncle's house, once when we were leaving to a temple I took the car from there and got it to our appartment for mom, dad and sis to get in. The moment they got it I was doing some cheks on the Car audio since it was a long trip and I cannot drive without music. One small kid, - around 7 - 8 yrs old, riding a bicycle came straight and bumped into the right side of my car from the front. He was seeing somewhere else and bumped into my car. Thats it, my temper went for a toss!

The handle bar and the pedal of the bicycle has created 5 BIG DEEP scratches in my car's Bonnet and the side! I was furious. That kid started crying and said sorry. What can I say to that kid? he would not even understand! I just asked to get away, had a good look at my beauty for 5 - 10 mins got in and started for the trip!! FATE!

Last edited by jasonbourne : 21st December 2010 at 12:59.
Old 10th March 2011, 14:33   #517
Senior - BHPian

My black figo was vandalized. This happened between Tuesday night and Wednesday evening. I had gone out on Tuesday and reached home at 10.00 PM parked the car in the basement and left. Wednesday evening I come down to the basement I can see that some no good dirty, filthy, moronic low life has keyed the hood of my figo. 1 large scratch and 1 tiny mark.

I live in a society where we have too many people coming and going. I don't know whom is to blame.
Security guards say that they didn't see anyone.
The Association here is pretty useless, 6 months ago a Corolla's tyres all 4 of them were cut open, another cars power steering wires and tubes cut with a knife.

Now me and my figo have fallen victim to this. How do I protect my car

If I ever catch this person I will skin him alive, cut out his manly parts and feed them to the dogs.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 10th March 2011 at 14:35.
Old 10th March 2011, 14:49   #518
Senior - BHPian

C_S thats really bad and i know how frustrating it can be, alstonlobo has put a camera in his car just to check such jerks though they damage its possible to nab them considering they do anything in front of the car....

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2171568 (Review: My new Chevrolet Beat)

One more way to avoid such situations is to keep the car dirty, yea these sadists dont like to see a clean, sparkling car...

Last edited by lohithrao : 10th March 2011 at 14:52.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:18   #519
Senior - BHPian

thank you lohit, I have pmed him asking him details.
This is one of the reasons why we should never have clean shiny cars in India. There is always some low life around to spoil your car and your day.
Old 10th March 2011, 15:18   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
.. another cars power steering wires and tubes cut with a knife.

Ok, one more

This goes beyond Vandalism. Why and how on good earth would someone cut power steering wires ?
They didnt suspect a Rats play here ?
Old 10th March 2011, 19:36   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is one of the reasons why we should never have clean shiny cars in India.
Which is why I chose white over black when buying my swift. I had actually booked the black colour and cancelled it or rather swapped it with white after 1 month of the booking. Why? Because somewhere in my mind I kept on thinking about how I'll be parking my car all over delhi and black (being shinier if clean, specially when new) would be more prone to such vandalizm over white color. Thankfully no such vandalizm issue with my white beauty yet.
Old 11th March 2011, 16:18   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Ok, one more

This goes beyond Vandalism. Why and how on good earth would someone cut power steering wires ?
They didnt suspect a Rats play here ?
Yup That was my reaction when the owner was complaining, It was due to some parking dispute So called educated class acting like road side hooligans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Which is why I chose white over black when buying my swift. I had actually booked the black colour and cancelled it or rather swapped it with white after 1 month of the booking. Why? Because somewhere in my mind I kept on thinking about how I'll be parking my car all over delhi and black (being shinier if clean, specially when new) would be more prone to such vandalizm over white color. Thankfully no such vandalizm issue with my white beauty yet.
Wise choice my friend, you saved your car from these filthy people.

Over the weekend I will try and buff it out with some rubbing compound and an orbital buffer, finish it with some good polish and then wax the hood. Hopefully this should hide the mark.

I need to fix the camera system on my car to nab this-this dirty low life. Makes my blood boil.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:47   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to fix the camera system on my car to nab this-this dirty low life.
Simply using a car cover would also prevent such issues to a lot of extent IMO. Though some on the forum think that people would not mind cutting through those covers also but I think unless and until someone's really motivated to vandalize your car (which is rare) a cover on the car prevents such occurrence.

Though its a tedious task to put the car cover on and off but it would work wonders in not inviting the wrong people to your car in the first place (unless, as I said, someone's hell bent on vandalizing it).
Old 11th March 2011, 19:01   #524
Senior - BHPian

I have had my bike seat cut open at least thrice, and the car was scratched multiple times on purpose. Most of the times this is done by some people who come in to clean the building or take the garbage out etc. It could also be by frustrated salesmen, but also by jealous neighbours.

I have also heard of kids doing this on purpose just for kicks. I guess at some point we need to have the right perspective. While our anger is justified, it is not going to help us unless we do something about the situation, either by protecting the car or identifying the culprits.
In my case, I am pretty sure who did this. I mentioned indirectly to him about the situation wherein he understood that I suspected him. I agree that a cover could be the best idea in some places.
Old 11th March 2011, 19:22   #525
Team-BHP Support

One of the most common places to experience vandalism is the parking area on streets.

Couple of years ago, when my folks were at FC Road, Pune searching for a free parking slot, they came across a Corolla which was parked rather luxuriously taking up much more space than a car should. The driver was leaning on the car so my folks asked him to park it straight so as to fit our car too. That chap argued but moved the car eventually.

By the time my folks were back, they Corolla was gone but there were a long scratch (from a key) right from the fuel lid to the head lamp on the side facing the Corolla.

Close to our earlier appt. complex in Pune, there's a slum so the kids often come near the appt. complex to play/ride bicyles. Quite a few cars are parked outside the gate. During the afternoons, there are many kids who consider it fun to climb on to the car thru' the bonnet, walk on the roof and then jump thru' the hatch; in the process denting/scratching all the panels.

You reprimand them and the damage could be worse!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks