Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2012, 18:40   #601
BHPian

Re: Road Rage: Shameful behaviour in Bangalore

Sad to hear the incident. Vandalism of any sort is disheartening. The santro chap may be one of the suspects, But there are also chances that someone else might have done it. I would say to wash it off your memory and move ahead. Do talk to some detailers if they could fix it or the Skoda ASSC. For a paint job do stick to the ASSC and claim the Insurance if the NCB benefit is lower to that of the repair quote. If repaired, you would forget the bad incident quickly.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 1st December 2012 at 18:42.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 18:59   #602
Senior - BHPian

Atrocious indeed. I hate those people who do this intentionally with out value the car and how it's treated by the owner. I can't even have a sleep if I get a scratch not even viewable to anyone.
I seriously doubt on their mental stability.
I wish to have a new amendment in law for this kind of morons to put behind the bars.
I feel the trauma and wish you to get it out very soon.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2012, 19:10   #603
BHPian

Thats quite sad to hear.
As pointed by shankar.balan, it might not be the Santro guy and it is wrong of us to blame him here.
I have been a target of vandalism and I know how bad it feels to see your hard earned money and the love of your life go this way!
Road side parking is what I avoid due to this act of some illiterate idiots roaming on our streets.

My car, parked securely in my building, an open parking though. One morning, I see that both the left side doors are scratched with a stone/key very badly. The scratched were deep enough to get into the primer, which would now cause me to repaint both doors completely. There was a "sine-wave" kind of scratch on the right side leading from the front door all the way till the headlight.

Being the secretary, of the building, my dad does scold the sweepers some times, and that makes me think it might be their work. There are no children in the building that might do this.

I wish you recover from the trauma very soon, it is going to take days though!
Old 1st December 2012, 19:14   #604
Senior - BHPian

Similar incident have happened to me twice.Let me narrate this purely as a matter of solace. There is nothing else you can do but forget and move on

1) 2003 - Cochin at the Railway station with my Esteem. I parked my car in front of a Qualis since the parking attendant told me to keep it there since the car was apparently being parked overnight. When i was back, a bunch of thugs who had come in the Qualis were ready for a quarrel. Since my parents were there, we didnt pick up an argument and left. Once i reached home, it struck me whether some damage could have happened to my car. Went down and found all sides of my car scratched ! anyway after a few months i sold that car and had bought my OHC

2) 2007 - Gurgaon - was working for GE at DLF corp park and i didnt have parking inside the building and hence parked in a plot adjacent to our office. Most of my colleagues park there. I used to work European shifts and on this particular day, when i came out to leave for home around 10pm found my car fully scratched with a deep nail, windscreen and rear glass scratched and all but 1 tyre fully deflated ! This was my first week in GE and in Gurgaon ! barely managed to drive the car to the nearest fuel station to fill air and went home. next day my boss came to know of this and informed the HR. The HR person immediately asked me get all repairs done at the company's cost ( despite they being in now way responsible for this ). This was one of the few incidents that put GE as an employer in high esteem ! unfortunately had to quit GE within a year for other reasons
Old 1st December 2012, 19:17   #605
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff: Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2012 at 08:43.
tarunt is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st December 2012, 22:13   #606
BHPian

so sorry to hear that another person also had to go through the same thing which i had , a few months back. my car was parked exactly at the same spot as yours around may be 8 or 9 pm (opp Airtel showroom) and i went behind to being bites (opp spice showroom) to check on a friend , found him came back with a few of my friends, i see a rag picker standing on the side of my car drawing something on the rear door, well i 1st thought he must be just using his finger and drawing some thing on the dust that had settled on it , but when i went and stood behind him to my horror he was using a a clip of some kind ( was pretty sharp)and drawing line to the glory.
tapped his back and asked what he was doing to which he he smiled back at me and started blabbering some thing which i couldn't understand,my friend caught him by his collar and wanted to trash him but then we realized the guy was not in his senses he was drunk to the glory so much so that i couldn't bare standing close to him even for a few seconds, that smell was horrible, asked my friend to let him go and drove away the car with a sheesh and moved on . after this incident promised my self never to leave my car unattended in Frazer town ever.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2012 at 08:52. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting an entire long message inconveniences our mobile users
alias is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st December 2012, 22:33   #607
BHPian

Completely in agreement with all you guys here. The best thing to do would be to find the nearest parking away from these crowded streets. Commercial street, Frazer town, Shivaji Nagar, Mysore Road are few of the many places in Blore where you can get nightmares if you leave your car and go.
I usually don't leave my car and tel my wife to wrap up if its a short visit or pleasantly take my bike. I hope one day ppl understand the worth of someone Else's earned money.
Old 1st December 2012, 22:51   #608
BHPian

1. Do not ever eat at Shahi kabab rolls/chicken. Bad food. (mixing internals)

2. Park your car by the kerb. Everyone does that. Or just go ahead of Sukhsagar & take a left immediately into the lane. Enough space for a sedan.

3. Forget the scratches. I know it's hard. But think of what would happen if somebody tried other bad stuff. God forbid.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:40   #609
BHPian

It looks likely that the scratches may have been made by the the mobile food cart people. This happens regularly to those who park on the thindie rasthe(snacks street) in VV Puram. Not having a spot to setup shop and serve from will mean no income for that day to them.
Old 2nd December 2012, 08:52   #610
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear the incident, and believe me this is not the fist time it has happened. Fortunately its just a scratch and nothing critical has been damaged. I have had personal experience of having my ORVM (Which is very critical in my view) completely damaged and it takes decent amount of money to get it fixed/replaced.

So much so that i first ask where are we going, whenever i have to take my car and depending on safe parking availability i decide if i take either of the two cars, or none (take a rick/cab/bus instead). Listening to all my tantrums Malkin has almost stopped going to places where i do not like .

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd December 2012 at 08:57.
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:39   #611
BHPian

Update: I checked the tyre pressure. The only tire missing the black cap for the air nozzle was much lower in pressure. So the dude had tried that too :(
Old 19th December 2012, 15:57   #612
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Vandalism!

My car was victim of vandalism in Bangalore.
Happened on last Saturday. LHS scratches are bigger than RHS, but it is not visible in photo due to sunlight
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-rh_s.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-rh_s1.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-lh_s.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-rear_s.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 19th December 2012 at 16:00.
Old 19th December 2012, 16:41   #613
Senior - BHPian

Damn! It hurts to see your car like this. The guy who did this should be shot.

Where did this happen? He was unhappy about it being parked there, perhaps?

Last edited by Gansan : 19th December 2012 at 16:42.
Old 19th December 2012, 16:58   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Happened on last Saturday. LHS scratches are bigger than RHS, but it is not visible in photo due to sunlight
Ouch! That hurts, somebody has really taken some time out to do that modern art. This is going to cost and the pain is over that.

I have been a victim myself multiple times and always wanted to catch hold of the culprit and make them see the stars and planets.

Our 16yr old Esteem bore the brunt of most of these antics, luckily logos were available cheap enough. The colour being maroon made my blood boil every time I saw something new.

The issue is that there are 3 schools and 3 colleges (at least - these are the bigger ones) near our house and while we are at work trying to earn our bread and butter, most of the spoilt lot makes merry doing this.

A few months back, I had gone out due to some work taking my bike, after finishing that I was going to pass my house while going to office.

As I came closer I saw this school kid in a nice and jay manner walking around all the cars parked on the road at the moment, day being Tuesday at around 1130am, no car owner would be standing out.

He went to the other side of my car which and started walking between the car and the wall therein. I knew he was going to scratch it but I let him because I wanted to catch the kid red-handed.

Well soon enough my wish was granted and my car earned yet another scratch, I could not help this one as I would anyways not be able to reach on time and I decided to take this just one time.

As the kid moved ahead, I started closing in on him, I saw the weapon of destruction in his hand and making merry lines on the cars as he walked past.

I reached and grabbed the boy from behind just in time before he made a dash as he saw me approaching.

I am not someone who likes to hit a kid, but this one needed some serious disciplining at his age (must be around 12-13) I gave him a sound slap for by then I had seen him scratch around 5-6 cars. The weapon was an aluminium foil usually found on say a Bournvita container, neatly folded into a murderous
triangle and sharp enough to scratch your skin off.

By then a few of the residents came out, because this shrewd chap had started hollering stating that I was troubling him. Well well, he didn't know that I stayed there and I showed them what this fellow had done.

This guy instead of going to school, had bunked and was doing these antics. By now, quiet a few people had come and we wanted to call up his parents and take him to his school as well. He was hollering even more now, I was already late and asked the elderly gents to deal with him while I left.

Quiet a few kids walked past us at that time and they all came to know what had happened. Keeping my fingers crossed but since then no new new designs have appeared on our vehicles.
Trojan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2012, 20:53   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I feel you pain. I had gone through a similar experience less than a month ago on my 8 month old car. A word of advice, if you are planning to claim insurance for this pls register a complaint with the closest police station which will be another experience in itself. The insurance company will tag this as a malicious act and will need a registered complaint to process the claim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks