Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 16:27   #2746
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Alert : A 15min bout of rainfall has caused the stretch between HAL and HAL museum junction to be submerged under water. It's going to take a while to cross that stretch; especially once traffic builds up.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:05   #2747
BANNED

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Alert : A 15min bout of rainfall has caused the stretch between HAL and HAL museum junction to be submerged under water. It's going to take a while to cross that stretch; especially once traffic builds up.
Oh wowie!! I like it.

YAY!! And I got the Bolero today. HE HE..

That stretch is a the achilles heal of that road. And it has been so for the last 7 years I have been traveling up that place. Nothings changed.
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:32   #2748
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
That stretch is a the achilles heal of that road. And it has been so for the last 7 years I have been traveling up that place. Nothings changed.
And the funniest part is - there are the storm water drains on either lanes and yet *no* water goes in them!

You'll find 2-wheelers driving on the wrong side just because the other lane is full of water and has a traffic jam. But hey, he was driving with his headlights on! So, don't say anything.
Old 4th October 2011, 11:40   #2749
BHPian

There is new one way in implementation in BTM layout. The lake road connecting ORR is now one way from ORR towards 4thCross, 29th Main. All the traffic coming from Bannerghatta road can join ORR ONLY at 29th Main signal and NOT thru lake road anymore.

This change has added 15-20 mins to my drive time now! Initially I thought this change is good as the lake road traffic was always chaotic and 29th Main road has a median so, traffic will be streamlined. With this change, the duration of green lights at the signal should be incrased, without which this change is not going to work for long time.

Last edited by Selective : 4th October 2011 at 11:47.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:53   #2750
Senior - BHPian

Change in BTM layout is due to some repair work near bus depot. Hopefully it will be over in couple of days.
Old 4th October 2011, 14:48   #2751
Team-BHP Support

The stretch from Kundalahalli Gate to Kundalahalli Colony is a no-parking zone all thoroughout.

At BEML Layout, just besides the CCD Lounge, there's this community hall where there's some Poorva Cultural Gathering going on.

Now if there's any cultural going on, people will flock in. And they'll flock in, in their own sweet vehicles. And where will they park? On the damn road!

So, the entire stretch between BEML Layout up till Cosmos mall is laden with vehicles parking on the side on either lanes. Promptly under the No-Parking Sign.

No cop is going to have the guts to fine people who've come for a cultural thing I'm sure. I hope sense prevails and the cops book each car.

It is not surprising why :
Bangalore is 6th worst city in world for commuting - The Times of India
Old 4th October 2011, 15:07   #2752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I hope sense prevails and the cops book each car.
The article quotes "Bangalore conforms to the global average time spent looking for a parking spot, which is 20 minutes"

Am sure there is going to be a time in the near future when people will park anywhere they want and pay the cop 50 bucks, and get it released if it is towed. Sounds like valet parking.

Damn!
Old 5th October 2011, 15:35   #2753
Senior - BHPian

take a wild guess what might have happened.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_2224.jpg

those who wanna go right come on the left. those who wanna go left come on the right. all others stuck in between!

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-_mg_2220.jpg

welcome to fill-in-the-blanks driving; the bane of Bangalore!
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 12:32   #2754
Senior - BHPian

It is a breeze to drive here today. Half the motorists are out of the city, either with their vehicles, or without. It usually takes me fifteen minutes to reach Bellandur from Wipro corporate office. Today, it was less than 10 minutes! And from Bellandur to Kudlu gate, I usually need half an hour. Today it was only 15 minutes!!!! I like it, I like it!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2011, 12:54   #2755
BHPian

rohanjf, I like the city traffic today too. It usually takes minimum of an hour to drive from my house in RRNagar to EGL. Today it was 40 minutes and a very stress free drive.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:15   #2756
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
rohanjf, I like the city traffic today too. It usually takes minimum of an hour to drive from my house in RRNagar to EGL. Today it was 40 minutes and a very stress free drive.
All thanks to the long weekend. Yesterday was a holiday on occasion of Dussera, hence most people would have taken a leave today and gone to their natives (atleast the Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala guys). Not surprising at all, and what a relief it brings!
Old 7th October 2011, 19:25   #2757
Oxy
BHPian

Anybody here familiar with the Whitefield Railway Station/Kadugodi area?

I am referring to the flyover which begins at the Kadugodi police station and goes all the way till Golden Blossom (opposite to the Sathya Saibaba Ashram). There is a huge menace of morons driving on the wrong side of the roads on either side of that flyover. Be it autos, bikes, cars or bicycles. I witness it on countless occasions throughout the day.

I even see educated dads riding with their kids on the wrong side in this area . May God help this city.
Old 7th October 2011, 19:55   #2758
BANNED

The traffic or the lack of it was such a revelation that I went ahead and dropped by wife off to her office in Manyata. Got back home. Took the cycle and reached office in the same time I could have taken just to drop her off. Amazing.
Old 10th October 2011, 20:10   #2759
BHPian

This is not actually a rant but what happened this morning. I am posting back what I posted in the afternoon on Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page.

This incident happened this morning near New Horizon Gurukul school. An Innova (yellow board) was zipping by without caring much for school children around the place. A little further about 200 mts near Prestige Sunnyside Apartments, the same Innova guy had hit a two wheeler. The duo got into a fight and the innova guy threatened to get some local elements and while the two wheeler guy was holding by his collar and the innova driver has started the vehicle, the driver cared a least and drove off, the two wheeler driver was dragged for more than 20-30 mtrs before he fell down. Gods grace the two wheeler driver was safe with some injuries. We called up 100 and informed about the incident, I had to move on hence could not wait until the police arrived. The innova vehicle number was KA 41 (I do not recall the alphabet in between) 9043. I hope some action is taken on this.
All this happened @ 10 AM.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...omment_mention

Point to be noted is "BTP has responded to other queries while this goes unnoticed."

Thanks and Regards
deepakchiniwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 23:57   #2760
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
The duo got into a fight and the innova guy threatened to get some local elements and while the two wheeler guy was holding by his collar and the innova driver has started the vehicle, the driver cared a least and drove off, the two wheeler driver was dragged for more than 20-30 mtrs before he fell down. Gods grace the two wheeler driver was safe with some injuries.
WHAT THE MAN!!!

This is attempt to murder!!! Plain and simple. This city is going to the dogs man.

I hate the spine of the people in this city. All are cowards of the lowest order. My blood is boiling man.

Kudos to you man for trying out to help.

I am sure the scumbag has local backing amongst the people's representative's of that place.

Mark my words soon each of us are going to be victims of this. Those who think they are safe because they are locals are going to get the most hit. We outsiders can move out. The locals will have to rot in the hell they helped create.
Spitfire is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed