Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2013, 13:46   #4096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
Going from R.T.Nagar towards ITPL via Ramamurthynagar has become nightmare.

I used to travel via Shampura, Railway track, Kammanahalli, Hennur club and Ring road. Now they have dug up the road after the railway track and there are no signs of getting repaired soon. Even my Access is not usable now on this stretch.
If you want to go via Shampura Main road but avoid the rail line, you can take right onto Tannery road and take immediate left after medical college into a bylane.

After that you take a left at the dead end and you come across another railway crossing and then on the right you will find the road that goes to Kammanahalli.

This road is far better than the railway gate roads beside reliance fresh which is not a road so to speak. In case you have problem finding it, give me a call when you are in the area. I shall show you
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:04   #4097
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I noticed an awkwardly long traffic pileup today on ORR, between Agara flyover and Iblur flyover (the place where Sarjapur road and ORR split). Some water tankers were parked on the service lane with a lot of crowd standing there, forcing service road traffic to merge into ORR and causing the congestion. Any idea what happened, anyone? Was it an accident?
Happened again today , and this time it was worse. The traffic pileup had reached the base of the flyover at HSR layout CCD, nearly for 1 km. I lost a good 30 minutes today negotiating this mess on the way to office.

It looks like the service road is closed somewhere near the Enfield service centre, after the army camp. All vehicles were taking the service road till that point, then rejoining ORR, causing all the confusion.

Why can't the BTP put up barricades near the entrance of the service road there, so that at least these big company buses don't create the congestion?

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd January 2013 at 12:06.
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:14   #4098
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Happened again today , and this time it was worse. The traffic pileup had reached the base of the flyover at HSR layout CCD, nearly for 1 km. I lost a good 30 minutes today negotiating this mess on the way to office.
Which direction and what time was this?

OT: were you parked in front of HSR bda complex yesterday evening? Saw a red Punto with Abarth stickers.
Old 23rd January 2013, 12:21   #4099
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Which direction and what time was this?
Direction was towards Marathahalli, time was around 9.30AM today morning. Even yesterday it happened around the same time.

Quote:
OT: were you parked in front of HSR bda complex yesterday evening? Saw a red Punto with Abarth stickers.
Nope, wasn't me . I stuck to only ORR yesterday.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:14   #4100
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I had to drop my wife to Bellandur, as the BMTC route 333W (Volvo) remained as elusive as usual. Because the ORR is now open, Kundanahalli junction is a big bottleneck. I wanted to avoid it. So to go to Whitefield, I took right at Kadubisanahalli and drove via Panattur. Unfortunately, many long-distance trucks have started using this road (probably because they are either stopped or redirected by cops at Gunjur, when they enter the city). Also, many water tankers use this stretch.

Once I crossed Panattur, road till Varthur was virtually free. I had to overtake two tippers (a few apartment complexes are being constructed on that stretch), but that was easy. Even the stretch from Varthur till Forum Value mall was quite free. I think IT people coming from the city no longer take this route, in favour of ORR.

There was some traffic till Borewell road. But once I took the left on to Borewell road, I did not see a single car until I reached Nallurahalli! In the end, I took about 40 minutes to reach my office from Bellandur, the same time I take when I go via ORR-Marathahalli-Kundanahalli-Brookefields.

Last edited by rohanjf : 23rd January 2013 at 13:16.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:18   #4101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
If you want to go via Shampura Main road but avoid the rail line, you can take right onto Tannery road and take immediate left after medical college into a bylane.

After that you take a left at the dead end and you come across another railway crossing and then on the right you will find the road that goes to Kammanahalli.

This road is far better than the railway gate roads beside reliance fresh which is not a road so to speak. In case you have problem finding it, give me a call when you are in the area. I shall show you
Thanks a lot for reminding me of this route . I was aware that we can reach ring road via Tannery road but one of my friends in our apartment used to commute via this route and had a nasty experience with a Tempo hitting his car a couple of years back despite he being a very careful driver. His experience made me avoid this route and had almost forgotten that this route exists.

But yesterday, as I was returning at 11 pm, I took this route. The road is much better than the others I have been using from the past 1 year. Today I also I took the same route at 11 am and reached office in 50 minutes compared to 1 hour plus via Hebbal flyover. I just need to be extra careful when I drive around there.

Thanks for saving my time and fuel.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:40   #4102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Today morning, I had to drop my wife to Bellandur, as the BMTC route 333W (Volvo) remained as elusive as usual. Because the ORR is now open, Kundanahalli junction is a big bottleneck.
I didn't get this part. What do you mean by ORR being open, and where? Do you mean the right turn on the bridge after innovative multiplex? As far as I am aware, ORR users go till the U-turn after E-zone and come back all the way to the bridge to go to Kundalahalli.

I was using ORR until 2 weeks back, but now I switched to Karmelaram - Gunjur - Varthur - Hope farm route due to the lesser traffic you mention. Plus, we have less frequent gear changes, cleaner air and more greenery too. If only they did something about a couple of nasty potholes between Karmelaram and Varthur, I'd be really happy. Hitting those at speed could bend an alloy.
Old 23rd January 2013, 14:18   #4103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't get this part. What do you mean by ORR being open, and where? Do you mean the right turn on the bridge after innovative multiplex? As far as I am aware, ORR users go till the U-turn after E-zone and come back all the way to the bridge to go to Kundalahalli.

I was using ORR until 2 weeks back, but now I switched to Karmelaram - Gunjur - Varthur - Hope farm route due to the lesser traffic you mention. Plus, we have less frequent gear changes, cleaner air and more greenery too. If only they did something about a couple of nasty potholes between Karmelaram and Varthur, I'd be really happy. Hitting those at speed could bend an alloy.
All flyovers from Bellandur till Marathahalli are open now (which you already know). So the traffic towards Whitefield moves freely, only to get stuck at Kundanahalli. I want to avoid this junction. I don't want to go on the interior road from ISRO layout till Graphite India, as the road is narrow and has a lot of humps.

Today I did this: from Bellandur, I went on the two flyovers near Ecospace and Intel. Then, instead of taking the underpass at Kadubisanahalli (just before JPMC), I kept extreme right, went above the underpass and took the right. This road takes you directly to Varthur police station.

When the flyovers from Bellandur to Marathahalli were under construction, I used go back all the way to Kodathi after dropping my wife to Bellandur, and go to Whitefield via Kodathi, Mullur, Kachamaranahalli, Gunjur and Varthur. This adds 2 extra KMs over Karmelaram route, but the traffic is quite less on this stretch.

On some lucky days, when 333W bus is at its last stop at Doddakannalli, I feel so happy. Wife can take the bus, and I get to drive on the lonely village roads.
rohanjf is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:32   #4104
Senior - BHPian

How often are folks stuck beside the KR Puram bridge leading towards ITPL? The Entry and Exit for this railway station needs relocation. I was stuck in a traffic jam from the start of KR Puram bridge at 630am this morning. There was no vehicle breakdown or anything. It was just clogged all the way.
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:26   #4105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Today I did this: from Bellandur, I went on the two flyovers near Ecospace and Intel. Then, instead of taking the underpass at Kadubisanahalli (just before JPMC), I kept extreme right, went above the underpass and took the right. This road takes you directly to Varthur police station.
How is that small tunnel below the railway line you need to cross when you use this route? I once got stuck in a royal jam near this, following which i stopped using this route. I stick to the ORR these days, and regularly get irritated at the U turn near Total Mall, and the Alpine Eco-Graphite India route.
Old 23rd January 2013, 18:16   #4106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
How is that small tunnel below the railway line you need to cross when you use this route?
It is as horrid as ever. There were many big lorries coming towards ORR from Gunjur side and heading to ORR. The road is also very bad. The problematic area is just for about half a kilometre, so I thought I would deal with it. It was not so bad today, as I had to wait only for a few minutes when a lorry had to take a right turn.

By the way, since the flyover work has begun near Decathlon, I have seen that lesser vehicles go on the wrong side to reach the rairlway gate when it is closed. I have decided to take a different route every day, so that I get to experience different types of chaos daily ;-)
Old 24th January 2013, 15:21   #4107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey rohanjf, How is the road from above the Kadubisanahalli underpass to Varthur PS ? How is the width of the road and how is the pothole scenario ?
I travel to Whitefield (Near Vydehi) from BTM 2, and would love to avoid Marathalli, Kundalahalli and the Railway line route.
By the time I reach Marathalli, I get extremely exhausted and frustrated and at times start acting crazy.

The other route I take at times is via Sarjapur > Carmelaram > Varthur > Whitefield.

Please help me with any other routes.
Old 24th January 2013, 16:34   #4108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey rohanjf, How is the road from above the Kadubisanahalli underpass to Varthur PS ? How is the width of the road and how is the pothole scenario ?
I can understand your plight. Route via Carmelaram is quite long for you, no?

The road from Kadubisanahalli to Varthur is bad only at few stretches. Between Kadubisanahalli and Panattur, the road is broad but there are too many trucks (1 to 1.5 km). In Panattur, the road is narrow and bumpy (less than 1 km). After Panattur, the road is narrow, but as it is not used much, is in good condition. It is about 4-5 km I guess. You will get a few bikes and tippers, as a few apartment buildings are being constructed on that stretch. You would anyway know the road condition from Varthur to Whitefield.

Today morning too, I took this route. I saw a Ritz lying on its back in the field by the road, just beyond Panattur, after a sharp right turn. I guess another case of overspeeding on unfamiliar village roads. There was no one in the car by the time I passed by.

Only if our administration woke up and identified the bottlenecks and the alternate routes. For them, widening the road seems to be the only solution.

Has the work on ORR between Bellandur and Marathahalli stopped? These days, I don't see any work going on. But the road is far from done. The service roads are pathetic. The medians are non existent. The lanes are not painted. Buses stop at the bottoms of the flyovers. U turns still exist. People are not provided with tunnels or sky bridges to get across the road.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2013, 17:16   #4109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can understand your plight. Route via Carmelaram is quite long for you, no?
The road from Kadubisanahalli to Varthur is bad only at few stretches. Between Kadubisanahalli and Panattur.........
Thanks for the update Rohan.
Carmeleram route is Leeengtthhyy for me. It never ends, but I like driving, specially on the twisty route near that engg. college.
Although the Panattur road sounds scary, but I can make it. I know the route from Varthur to Whitefield. Please check you PM.

Quote:
Has the work on ORR between Bellandur and Marathahalli stopped? These days, I don't see any work going on. But the road is far from done. The service roads are pathetic. The medians are non existent. The lanes are not painted. Buses stop at the bottoms of the flyovers. U turns still exist. People are not provided with tunnels or sky bridges to get across the road.
Yes, all constructions are complete, but the ORR will never be the same again as it was 4 years back. Like you said, service lanes are dead, medians pop up here and there only.
Tunnels and sky bridges will open only after there is a major incident.
Old 24th January 2013, 17:54   #4110
Senior - BHPian

Look who I found searching for a return fare to his home location. This was on Wind Tunnel Road. Wondering if he'd charge by meter or by normal Bangalore rickshaw standards?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130117_095821.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks