Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2018, 15:13   #15316
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
I am down with fever and haven't stepped out of home for 3 days, but we got a communication from our workplace that White topping in front of Manyata Tech park is going to start from 25th Jan and is expected to finish by first week of march.
I was a happy, distant spectator to this white-topping mess all these days. Now the disruption is hitting my daily route to work, Hebbal - Manyata. I had discovered alternate routes over the years to avoid the jam around Hebbal flyover, and it is inevitable that the people avoiding the ORR will now pile up on the couple of other narrow roads leading into Manyata's other gates .

I am surprised there has not been a revolt by the affected citizens until now like what had happened opposing the infamous steel flyover project.
Old 21st January 2018, 09:25   #15317
Senior - BHPian

Friends, this is another 'usual' situation I faced yesterday lunch time at the MS Ramaiah Hospital signal. I have uploaded it on Youtube and trying to figure out how to share with Bangalore Traffic department. Its bikers blocking the main lane, many of them without helmets, not even bothered about what comes on the other side. I felt the need of sharing it because of this junction's importance as I see ambulances moving around all the time since its one of the prime hospitals in the area. Sometimes I wish if I were a dictator and used my tanker whenever I moved around

Last edited by shajufx : 21st January 2018 at 09:29.
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 09:40   #15318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Its bikers blocking the main lane, many of them without helmets, not even bothered about what comes on the other side. Sometimes I wish if I were a dictator and used my tanker whenever I moved around
I understand your pain but its a issue in almost all the signals here. People are not considerate and they just want to get through by hook or crook. I have got into arguments with many of these people and it is like talking to a stone. They don't care and don't bother to change or understand. I have seen traffic cops note down the numbers and may be they send notices. Nobody cares to pay.
Old 21st January 2018, 09:46   #15319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, this is another 'usual' sitIts bikers blocking the main lane, many of them without helmets, not even bothered about what comes on the other side.
This needs a huge campaign, on large scale to arrest this menace. We all need to collectively sign an 'online petition' requesting the concerned authorities to make ammendment to certain rules that will enable these bikers to ride as they do in this video of yours without the fear of getting caught by the cops for dangerous and rash driving, Lane cutting and what not. That's the only way; we must stop having hopes that situation will improve in future!!

That service road from EC Signal to Begur, I regularly witness these scenes every morning(each time I have taken this road). Bikers merrily occupying the opposite lanes blocking free movement of vehicles headed that way. All this with zero guilt and no eye contact even when confronted by rolling down the window.
Old 21st January 2018, 09:55   #15320
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, this is another 'usual' situation I faced yesterday lunch time at the MS Ramaiah Hospital signal
I see this daily on Hoodi Junction where not only bikes but cars, tractors occupy the opposite lane in the direction of Ayyappa Nagar to Graphite India. The most interesting thing is the silent acceptance by Traffic cops of this violation as something of a standard situation at this junction. The most funny part is the fact that people start honking if you don't cross over to the other side as they think it's an accepted situation. Yes, this is our Bangalore traffic and earlier you accept it the better you will sleep. I have started ignoring all these situations as a standard across Bangalore.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:15   #15321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its bikers blocking the main lane
Come to the signal at Kodigehalli gate below the elevated highway, international airport road. You would not just see bikers, but cars and even TTs merrily waiting on the wrong side to turn towards Hebbal, coming from Kodigehalli side.
BTP recently increased the length of the center median which now goes well beyond the More megastore, but alas, nothing has changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
All this with zero guilt and no eye contact even when confronted by rolling down the window.
What is appalling is the attitude of these morons- I once while going to Kodigehalli side came face to face with one such middle aged guy in a car on the wrong side and the way he first stared at me and threw expletives after I stood without giving him way for a minute made me feel like I was on the wrong lane and he was on the right one.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:33   #15322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I had discovered alternate routes
Can you share some of these? I need to go from Yeshwantpur - Karle towers starting tomorrow and hence looking for options to escape white topping mess that will create a jam near Nagavara flyover/lake.
Old 21st January 2018, 10:38   #15323
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like Bangalore traffic police have a lot of funds to be used and they don't have time to think about how/where it can used so they are running against time to spend it!
A new set of traffic lights have been installed (not operational yet) at the Kishna temple road-80 feet road (Sapna book house) junction. Once this is operational, if you're travelling on 80 feet road, from old Madras road you will encounter this signal, then just about 100-150 feet away you will have another signal which is the existing one at CMH road-80 feet road junction

Last edited by NPV : 21st January 2018 at 10:40.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 11:34   #15324
Senior - BHPian

The scene from Kasturinagar towards Hebbal on ORR this morning after the white topping.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-76fd93d10d31437096e856960ace92f6.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-81b7439fbbbd4989a54d962c8cf44893.jpeg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-4b68cab23da9431e9d7ca53496e63030.jpeg  

Old 21st January 2018, 12:44   #15325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Can you share some of these? I need to go from Yeshwantpur - Karle towers starting tomorrow and hence looking for options to escape white topping mess that will create a jam near Nagavara flyover/lake.
One route out of the few:
Yeshwantpur-Mathikere road-Ramiah college road-New BEL road-Kuvempu circle-ORR-Tatanagar-kodigehalli main road (through Dee enclave/Amco layout)-Dasarahalli-Mariayappanapalaya-Karle

gmaps link: https://goo.gl/RtDTkU

Note: The stretch between Mathikere road and New bel road via Ramiah college gate is narrow.
Another narrow stretch is a 100 meter stretch inside Dee enclave.
Dasarahalli junction can be a bit congested during peak hours.

By the way, the first phase as far as I have seen in posters is from Nagwara to Hebbal direction. So you may still opt for the regular Hebbal-Veerannapalaya route till the work starts in the reverse direction.
Old 21st January 2018, 13:08   #15326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
One route out of the few:
Yeshwantpur-Mathikere road-Ramiah college road-New BEL road-Kuvempu circle-ORR-Tatanagar-kodigehalli main road (through Dee enclave/Amco layout)-Dasarahalli-Mariayappanapalaya-Karle

gmaps link: https://goo.gl/RtDTkU

Note: The stretch between Mathikere road and New bel road via Ramiah college gate is narrow.
Another narrow stretch is a 100 meter stretch inside Dee enclave.
Dasarahalli junction can be a bit congested during peak hours.
Yes, this is the often used alternate route. Recently the government (BWSSB I think) has helpfully dug up half of the Dasarahalli road so that people switching to this route from next week do not miss the jams of ORR .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
By the way, the first phase as far as I have seen in posters is from Nagwara to Hebbal direction. So you may still opt for the regular Hebbal-Veerannapalaya route till the work starts in the reverse direction.
Hmm, the communique from Manyata says that Hebbal to Hennur will be the first stretch to undergo surgery.

Last edited by nma83 : 21st January 2018 at 13:10. Reason: Another reply
Old 21st January 2018, 14:50   #15327
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning there was heavy policing on new Thippasandra main road. I think there will be very minimal traffic violations today since the traffic cops are also out in full force clearing/towing vehicles parked in no parking areas. But, while vehicles were being towed away, the one way violators were also around probably making a quick escape.

All this is happening today due to a politcal meeting at the public ground near Gitanjali layout (Poorna Pragna school). From what I heard, some ministers including the CM are expected.

Last edited by NPV : 21st January 2018 at 14:52.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2018, 19:18   #15328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, this is another 'usual' situation
This is a very common situation endorsed by the Bangalore traffic police. In fact there is often a policeman encouraging these 'offenses'. This occurs at Yeshwanthpur signal from 2 sides, in Jalahalli cross, in Kodegehalli cross, many parts of new BEL road. This exemption is often mostly utilized by BMTC buses. And you should know that they have primary right of way. So your duty is to move to the edge of the road, off the shoulder and wait for better citizens to pass. If you are a second class citizen who is not allowed special privileges on the road, it's your loss.
Old 21st January 2018, 20:15   #15329
BHPian

What is up with the taxis blocking the parking in front of NTT data office near south end circle? These people are not parking next to the kerb but in the middle of road sitting inside taxis and when asked to give me parking space they didn't budge. I had to go to A2B and tried for 15 mins to find some space and then parked near gunasheela nursing home and walked all the way. Pathetic.
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:52   #15330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I was a happy, distant spectator to this white-topping mess all these days. Now the disruption is hitting my daily route to work, Hebbal - Manyata. I had discovered alternate routes over the years to avoid the jam around Hebbal flyover, and it is inevitable that the people avoiding the ORR will now pile up on the couple of other narrow roads leading into Manyata's other gates .
Article on MANYATA TECH PARK issues ,whitetopping in INDIAN EXPRESS
The worst effects of Whitetopping will start from 25th Jan once they block the road in front of Manyata tech park.The service roads in front of manyata are already choked.I cant imagine adding the main carriage way traffic to the service roads

http://epaper.newindianexpress.com/1...2018#page/17/1
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-manyata.png  

Last edited by AshiqueS : 22nd January 2018 at 11:09. Reason: added link
AshiqueS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks