Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2010, 12:20   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Good catch there; I assume here that, WDM would've been directed by the cops (like in Bangalore); if its not so, then, sorry my friend, I stand to what MX6 says, you should've not taken the other side unless directed.
Good observation there MX6. Thats why I used the phrase "Intelligent Minds" in my first post.

But guys, just relax, I was just strolling there having a morning walk
Old 13th August 2010, 12:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

I guess its time for companies to realize that totally flexi hours will at least solve the personal problems of employees who get stuck daily in traffic jams wasting their time and fuel.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Aah.... I think its certainly a bit more orderly in the past year or so.

When I started working in Hinjewadi 3 years ago, the traffic situation was MUCH worse. The road was just as narrow as it is in the chowk right from the Wakad flyover and it used to take us the same time (in the bus) to reach my co from Wakad as it would take us to reach Wakad from Kothrud.

Initially, only the bikers used to cross the divider into the opposite side and ride on the far right of that road. Then slowly they were joined by 6 - seater rickshaws, cabs and then cars as well.

I make it a point to remain on the "right" side of the road, whether I am on my bike, or in my car. Only once I made an exception last month, because the traffic cop himself told me join the other side.

Do you guys remember the time before the CYG ? Road building was on at a frenzied pace, and that was horrid time for commuters. I used to board my company bus at 8 AM, to sometimes reach office only by 10.30 AM! While returning, I would find that even after 1 hour of departure, we havent even crossed the company's second gate after starting from the last one.

:Touchwood: Things are considerably better now, with jams only before the octroi post (where the road narrows) and some confusion in the chaotic main chowk.

Regarding the Wakad flyover, I think it was haphazard planning from the word go. You always let the highway pass the junction, and not have traffic signals on the highway. The should create a road (or is there already one ?) which exits the highway somewhere near Balewadi and emerges near Cognizant/Wipro Phase-1. That should reduce the load on the wakad road, which is like the main entry point right now.
Old 13th August 2010, 12:42   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Good observation there MX6. Thats why I used the phrase "Intelligent Minds" in my first post.

@WDM007, By any chance do you stay in Courtyard Marriott (which is just opposite to the spot from where you clicked the pics) (just kidding)
Old 13th August 2010, 12:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Time to build a new Pune bypass or elevated road, the city has grown.
That would be a bit impractical for the government at this stage. In my opinion it would an easier option would be to increase the number of entry points to Hinjewadi.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I think afew solutions are:

To make the Wakad to Hinjewadi road one way in that direction in the morning say 7-11 and make it one way in the other direction in the evening say 5-9. And also to make the other two roads which join Hinjewadi junction and the McD junction from Dange Chowk more driveable and divert some traffic towards that side.
But the thing is, there are lot of people going home from office at that time [morning ~ 7am] like people from Call centers, production plants with III shifts. This may be a frustrating thing for them.

Also imagine a localite wanting to go from say shell pump towards Court Mariot side, a distance of 100 mts. What a diversion for him

Infact this diversion was there last year but was discontinued after some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Also, we can make the Pirangut road toll free at least till Hinjewadi and let vehicles pass from that side too. It may be a few kilometers lengthier but its worth it if we can divert the traffic.

But as a second thought, I think it is not that bad when you travel towards Kothrud. Everyday my jam distance is around 3-4 kilometers out of 20 KM that I travel, so I think I can do with it! But yeah! If you have to move ahead towards aundh then it is a pain!!
It was planned ! But there was huge protests from people of village Mann few years back. Dont know what happened later. But these local guys had taken a vow to stone any IT vehicle entering there village.

Rasta Roko was also done by them a few years back !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
This mad jam is just the traffic heading mainly towards Phase I & II, what about when Phase III goes fully operational?
People regularly getting in & out of Hinjewadi pretty much like to stick to their lanes, ofcourse there is the occasional moron, but nevertheless.
More flyovers????
When Phase 3,4,5.... starts working, run like hell from this city without even looking back once
Old 13th August 2010, 14:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why not start living at Pirangut etc?
Old 13th August 2010, 14:40   #23
BHPian

Guys..to avoid these jams in the evening, try taking the galli exactly in front of KPIT..it is a kachcha road that leads to the highway below the Indira College underbridge.Left from the underbridge and you are back on the B'lore highway again.I use this route daily..works wonders!
Old 13th August 2010, 14:42   #24
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@aargee, Please don't include the cyclists in any list. The cyclist use muscle power in trying conditions and weather. I give them the right of way no matter who is right or wrong. I also pity those people who pull carts and walk on the road. Let them go which ever way they want as there's no proper service roads or gaps in medians for them to turn and it takes a long distance for them to labour around.

But why should fuel powered bikes and cars follow them? If you are so cost conscious, then use public transport.

And only rarely do police ask the traffic to take the other side of the median in Hinjewadi. And the bigger mistake is that they want to avoid crowd at one end and ask them to go over to other side. At the other end of the road, there's no one to regulate where 6 lanes merge in to 1!
Hinjewadi is a pathetic part of the NH4. I've never seen traffic signal on the NH4 in a bypass zone anywhere else between Pune and Chennai till now barring Hinjewadi.

Quote:

Strolling there? The second photo clearly shows marks left by the wiper on the windshield! Strolling in a car eh?

Last edited by MX6 : 13th August 2010 at 14:46.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:22   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Strolling there? The second photo clearly shows marks left by the wiper on the windshield! Strolling in a car eh?
To get a better angle while shooting a photo, I had to insert my cam in the open window of a passing by car. Otherwise, how it was possible for me to click 4 cars in a row?

But yes, I was walking. . .
Sacchi
Old 13th August 2010, 15:26   #26
MX6
Senior - BHPian

But you could have just kept the camera in front of the windsheild and not behind trying to insert!

Ok baba. ok. We all trust you. Just ask that car guy to clean his windsheild the next time you insert your cam in the open window.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:34   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hinjewadi is a pathetic part of the NH4. I've never seen traffic signal on the NH4 in a bypass zone anywhere else between Pune and Chennai till now barring Hinjewadi.
I have seen it, in pune, at Warje.

Quote:
To get a better angle while shooting a photo, I had to insert my cam in the open window of a passing by car. Otherwise, how it was possible for me to click 4 cars in a row?
But yes, I was walking. . .
Sacchi
Hey,
got the guy who inserted the hand with cam in my car!!!
My mobile which was kept on passenger seat vanished from the same moment.
Btw, police directed me in the wrong lane.

just kidding.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 13th August 2010 at 15:43.
Old 13th August 2010, 15:38   #28
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@AP.
But Warje has a flyover now right? in Hinjewadi, the idiots put the flyover on the wrong road!

Another pathetic thing is that you can't get on the NH4 from sinhagad road. the flyover is very high and there's no slip road joining it.

So I won't be surprised if I'm on that flyover crossing sinhagad road and my satnav announces, take a left turn on Sinhagad road!
Old 13th August 2010, 15:42   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@AP.
But Warje has a flyover now right? in Hinjewadi, the idiots put the flyover on the wrong road!
The signal is before Warje flyover while going from chandani chowk to katraj although the signal is in operation rarely.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:05   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
The signal is before Warje flyover while going from chandani chowk to katraj although the signal is in operation rarely.
The signal just stands now non-operational anymore.
It was in operation when there was divider break which was free pass for right turns etc.
Now they have blocked the divider break and so the signal is not used/turned ON anymore.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 13th August 2010 at 16:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks