Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2010, 23:15   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
I am here, waiting to clear the mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Just back from office! took me 2.5 hours.

2hours from hinjewadi phase 3 to mezza9. half an hour from there to Bhawdhan! via dange chowk underpass!!
I left soon after my first message, and was home in 40 mins. Didnt take the Mezza9 route and went straight instead. Waited 10 minutes for my turn to pass at the chowk, had some drunks banging my car window asking me to drop them, but that was about it. Guess thats the advantage of being in Phase1.
Old 29th September 2010, 15:25   #122
BHPian

The barricades separating the the two lanes on the Hinjewadi road have been removed. This morning I had a real scare.

Just after taking the left from the highway towards Hinjewadi, I was in the rightmost lane going straight along with the rest of the traffic. The cops have now removed the barriers separating the two lanes next to the Octroi post. Suddenly a car (not a jeep, not a rickshaw and not a six seater), a honda city, jumps from the left lane cuts me and moves into the wrong lane. I had to slam on my brakes since I was certainly not expecting someone to cut me like that. He drives right into the on-coming traffic. Behind him a flurry of two wheelers also cut me and move into the wrong lane.

And then the honda city switches on his hazard lights... What do these nuts think? I mean what does the hazard light indicate when you are driving right into on-coming traffic. The only thing that came to my mind was "Beware! Idiot approaching."...

Obviously the guy is working in some reputed company in a good position. Bet he has travelled abroad too and yet he behaves like a maniac.

Wish the cops put those barriers back. That is the only way that we follow rules!
Old 29th September 2010, 16:46   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
And then the honda city switches on his hazard lights... What do these nuts think? I mean what does the hazard light indicate when you are driving right into on-coming traffic. The only thing that came to my mind was "Beware! Idiot approaching."...

Obviously the guy is working in some reputed company in a good position. Bet he has travelled abroad too and yet he behaves like a maniac.

Wish the cops put those barriers back. That is the only way that we follow rules!
Agree, I see such uneducated literates daily! Also an observation is that the traffic situation is deteriorating and returning to its old glory.

I used to skip the left turn at Wakad and go ahead and take the left from "Ginger Hotel Chowk". And then proceed towards the road that joins me to Mezza9. Until last week, the road used to be ultra free and I used to reach office in flat 20 minutes (for 20 kms) even in rush hour.

Now, either many more cars are added to the road or things are not just clearing up as before. It takes me the good old 45 minutes to reach office.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:01   #124
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The barricades separating the the two lanes on the Hinjewadi road have been removed. This morning I had a real scare.

Just after taking the left from the highway towards Hinjewadi, I was in the rightmost lane going straight along with the rest of the traffic. The cops have now removed the barriers separating the two lanes next to the Octroi post. Suddenly a car (not a jeep, not a rickshaw and not a six seater), a honda city, jumps from the left lane cuts me and moves into the wrong lane.
Well it's happened. It was to happen sooner or later. I knew it. It's happened. These morons never, ever change. Hope some tv channel start a programme like cops, idiots on roads etc, and record these morons and flash them on prime time national tv. Also, there's a reception committee at the other end who award these morons with on spot award for reckless driving, idiocy, contempt for fellow travellers. Also we can engage those morons in community service like cleaning up CWG venues as a bumper prize with fully paid trip to Delhi and free accomodation in games village with snakes as company.
Old 29th September 2010, 17:47   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just after taking the left from the highway towards Hinjewadi, I was in the rightmost lane going straight along with the rest of the traffic. The cops have now removed the barriers separating the two lanes next to the Octroi post. Suddenly a car (not a jeep, not a rickshaw and not a six seater), a honda city, jumps from the left lane cuts me and moves into the wrong lane. I had to slam on my brakes since I was certainly not expecting someone to cut me like that. He drives right into the on-coming traffic. Behind him a flurry of two wheelers also cut me and move into the wrong lane.

Tushar, It is not always the cops that do it. Last week, I saw a Honda City (may be the same guy) stopped his car before the barricade on the right most lane. Got out of the car and then pulled the barricade away to create a gap so that he could move onto the wrong side. Needless to say, a lot of morons followed through the gap he created. So much for education. Sadly, they do not teach you patience and other virtues in the class room.

Biju

Last edited by pjbiju : 29th September 2010 at 17:48.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:08   #126
Senior - BHPian

^^ So even car guys have started to remove barricades in broad daylight??

I have seen only bike guys removing them, that too at night time. They were in all probability, residents of the locality.

The dividers, being partially removed by miscreants, do not even stop cops from crossing over. Just today morning a lady cop on a bike came in through a similar gap in the divider. The police presence seems to have gone down though, and that maybe one of the reasons things are going back to the old chaotic days.
Old 29th September 2010, 18:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Whoops, to late to edit my earlier post. According to an internal mailer sent out by my company, the situation in Pune tomorrow (30th Sep) is expected to be normal.

However, I expect some extra traffic snarls here due to :
- Traffic Barricades.
- Extra Police presence and checkpoints.
- Random checking , if at all, of vehicles.
Old 1st October 2010, 18:48   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Whoops, to late to edit my earlier post. According to an internal mailer sent out by my company, the situation in Pune tomorrow (30th Sep) is expected to be normal.

However, I expect some extra traffic snarls here due to :
- Traffic Barricades.
- Extra Police presence and checkpoints.
- Random checking , if at all, of vehicles.
Heck of a traffic Jam yesterday - specially for people coming from Phase II/III. It ook me 1 hour to reach from Wipro circle in phase 2 to Mezza9.
I guess the reason was all the companies decided to leave the staff early at around the same time (2 -3 PM) because of the fear that the Ayodhya verdict may spark riots.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:05   #129
BHPian

Heard that way towards Kothrud will remain shut today evening for President's visit !

Whats the status now?

Is it cleared? Is it safe to start from office , or heavy traffic in Hinjewadi?
Old 11th October 2010, 19:47   #130
Senior - BHPian

road is opened now. It was closed when i was under the wakad fly over reached home in 30 minutes from there. not too sure how things are/were behind me.
Old 27th December 2010, 21:54   #131
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Some work going on on the Wakad flyover, it has been closed this evening. ANy update on reopening?
Old 27th December 2010, 22:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Some work going on on the Wakad flyover, it has been closed this evening. ANy update on reopening?
I traveled past 7, it was open!
Old 27th December 2010, 22:24   #133
Senior - BHPian

With the barricades now almost completely removed, we can see the roads going back to exactly how they were.
Morons continue to go to the wrong side with impunity, and then rejoin the "correct" side by bullying those who have the sense to remain on the right side at all times.
BTW, maybe its only me, but does anybody else "feel" the Wakad bridge vibrating, as they are stuck in the jam every evening ?
Old 21st January 2011, 18:02   #134
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why traffic signals in Hinjewadi are not operational ? The one in the main chowk is manned by cops , but there is one near McDonalds/HP pump in phase-1 too which may not be manned many times.
This leads to many chaotic situations with vehicles including heavy CV traffic coming in from all directions and getting stuck as a result.
It also makes life difficult for pedestrians looking to cross the road.
Old 21st January 2011, 18:10   #135
Senior - BHPian

I agree with sajo, things are back to the old glory. I am wondering which way to take from phase 3. Should I go towards hinjewadi wakad flyover then take a left and join the highway towards chandani chowk via service road or take a left at mezza9? Which way will take lesser time. I tried to experiement myself but as Murphy's laws would have it, everytime I take that road seems to be having greater jams!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks