Old 7th March 2020, 18:53   #1876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

CCTV footage from another angle :

Klub Class is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 19:32   #1877
Distinguished - BHPian

For the sake of all of us, I really do hope he doesnt get behind the wheel of another car for the rest of his life. If I were a well wisher of his, I would actually ask him to snap out of his delusional world and wake up to reality.

Unfortunately the cynic in me says, his parents are gonna thank the Almighty that their pride and joy is safe and that he will end up with an even more expensive and fancier set of wheels in a month of two.
neil.jericho is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 20:06   #1878
BHPian

I think I'm going to get some hate for this but yeah, the Mustang driver was at fault but I don't see the need for so much negativity and name calling. If you look at the video posted above, the 2 cars in front of him suddenly braked due to the truck backing up (see 0:15 - you can see the rear end of the swift raise a bit cause of the braking). Assuming everyone were at a good pace, and the mustang at a higher pace, his instinct (although pre-mature) would have forced him to swerve to the right to avoid getting into a problem with a car in the front.

I'm going to speak for myself - sometimes I make calls on roads that in hindsight I could have avoided. Everything doesn't have to be about speed. People are foolish on the road in multiple ways - not maintaining the right gap between the cars ahead of you, late braking, indisciplined lane driving, etc. And let's not forget how messed up most highways are in India - you can imagine the kind of troubles that can be caused just cause of the state of our roads and the safety measures around them.

Thankfully enough, we are all sensible to understand the basic ideas of road safety but I think there are still some moments in which we find ourselves in a fix.

And sometimes, sadly, these moments become fatal for people - even innocent ones.

2c.
shoaib3030 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 20:22   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian

This toxin is the Mustang driver?

Aptly named indeed.

Yes, looks like there is every need for the negativity. Why should he be doing that overtake at all? Bigger car, bigger ego, bigger entitlement. That's all.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th March 2020 at 20:26.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 20:28   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This toxin is the Mustang driver?

Aptly named indeed.
Toxin is the name of the Mustang, the Car has its own Instagram page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
I think I'm going to get some hate for this but yeah, the Mustang driver was at fault but I don't see the need for so much negativity and name calling. If you look at the video posted above, the 2 cars in front of him suddenly braked due to the truck backing up (see 0:15 - you can see the rear end of the swift raise a bit cause of the braking). Assuming everyone were at a good pace, and the mustang at a higher pace, his instinct (although pre-mature) would have forced him to swerve to the right to avoid getting into a problem with a car in the front.
I second you on this, after seeing the 2nd video, the degree of fault of the driver kind of subside. Though he has no business to drive on a pace on public roads, where volatility in other elements, allows him no margin to take the corrective action. Anyway, I hope he has learnt his lesson the hard way, though the IG story post shared by Neil suggests otherwise.
BANDHAV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 21:13   #1881
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
bingo. The Swift and 800 with much much inferior brakes were able to stop without drama. This guy, wasn't able to, despite having brake discs equal to the wheelsize of the two cars ahead of him. Why ? Because he was too fast for this road. Hence every negativity about this moron is justified. #caseclosed
venkyhere is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 22:45   #1882
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post

[Pics and video courtesy: respective photographers]
Kudos to the structural strength of the car! Had the occupants been wearing seat belts, they would have walked away from this one. Feel sad for the mini truck driver. Does anyone know what happened to him?

That Mustang had no business overtaking in a section with solid white line. Its probably a curve and that's the reason they have a solid white! This is just another case of reckless driving we see on blind curves everyday and only this time, Murphy's law took its course.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th March 2020 at 00:02. Reason: Removed video URL within quote / mini spacing
nagr22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 22:54   #1883
Team-BHP Support

Swift stops for the truck backing up, the Liva(?) thinks of going around him into oncoming traffic, and the Mustang is trying to do what, go around them both?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 23:15   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Swift could brake, Etios could brake, so did Alto. But the poor Mustang couldn't.

Below is the drivers version of the accident. Not sure how much to believe as some points doesn't make sense except that he made a hero out of himself.

Supercar & Import Crashes in India-img20200307wa0041.jpg

Last edited by balenoed_ : 7th March 2020 at 23:39.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 23:53   #1885
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Gotta love how this dude has turned the entire incident into “self sacrifice” as he calls it on his Instagram post linked below. No dearth of morons around.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9bjB1EH...d=n8m7p8hdm7nl
A.K is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 00:16   #1886
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a video showing the leadup to the collision on this post (Supercar & Import Crashes in India)

Thanks to the poster, harry10.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 02:18   #1887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Swift could brake, Etios could brake, so did Alto. But the poor Mustang couldn't.

Below is the drivers version of the accident. Not sure how much to believe as some points doesn't make sense except that he made a hero out of himself.

Attachment 1977548
Complete BS. Its very clear from the video that
a. He was overspeeding and couldn't control the vehicle.
b. He was distracted, maybe fiddling with the mobile phone or the ICE.

How come Swift, etios and alto braked but the mustang couldn't?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 9th March 2020 at 00:04. Reason: Typo
Asta_la_vista is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 09:38   #1888
BHPian

The guy in the Mustang should profusely thank Ford for making such a safe car and move on in life. Also, let's expect police and associated authorities will take appropriate actions in this case.
Silver Knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 09:44   #1889
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
Gotta love how this dude has turned the entire incident into “self sacrifice” as he calls it on his Instagram post linked below. No dearth of morons around.

You really want to have a good laugh?
OK. You know that's not the guy, that's the car. "Toxin" is the car. Which is writing that post.
Now go over there again and read the whole post with a new light on the delusion!

Last edited by mayankk : 8th March 2020 at 09:45.
mayankk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:11   #1890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post

It is funny that Toxin addressing himself as a professional driver, whereas the real save was done by the Alto driver behind him, who knew the right direction off the road!

That said, I agree that this accident doesn't call for as much hate as the way mustang's driver is treating himself after the accident. There were couple of things that went wrong - the truck reversing without a cleaner (it did come slowly with sufficient warning for the cars to slow down), less gap between the cars, the mustang driver's aftermath, etc.
Ashir is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks