Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 10:22   #1891
BHPian

Re: Supercar & Import Crashes in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Completely agree. People make mistakes. It's totally understandable. But if you don't accept it and try to correct yourself, you're nothing short of an idiot.

From the shots of the truck, it is clear that he had put at least one innocent person in the hospital. Even then he didn't show any remorse and just rambled on about being a 'professional' driver who suffered an ill fate at the hands of the less qualified. Such people are the reason why some hate super/sport cars and the true enthusiasts who could afford one.

Mr. Toxin, if you ever come across this post, I just want you to know that you should absolutely keep your name tag. You're indeed among the toxins that bring a bad name to real enthusiasts.
Er... TOXIN is the name of the Mustang. Feel sad the Beast. The driver of the car and the author of the Post has proven to be a Professional MORON. His Dad needs to the Brown Carbon out of him!

Mus-Tango this Idiot from
the Nearest Palm Tree!
Old 8th March 2020, 10:31   #1892
BHPian

The second video sort of sets the record straight - It was the other truck that set off the chain reaction leading to the accident.

Toxin got hurt but thankfully the owner is alright. He should count his lucky stars he didn't ram into the swift or alto. He would definitely caused more damage to life otherwise.
Rathore_13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:32   #1893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
I think I'm going to get some hate for this but yeah, the Mustang driver was at fault but I don't see the need for so much negativity and name calling. If you look at the video posted above, the 2 cars in front of him suddenly braked due to the truck backing up (see 0:15 - you can see the rear end of the swift raise a bit cause of the braking). Assuming everyone were at a good pace, and the mustang at a higher pace, his instinct (although pre-mature) would have forced him to swerve to the right to avoid getting into a problem with a car in the front.

I'm going to speak for myself - sometimes I make calls on roads that in hindsight I could have avoided. Everything doesn't have to be about speed. People are foolish on the road in multiple ways - not maintaining the right gap between the cars ahead of you, late braking, indisciplined lane driving, etc. And let's not forget how messed up most highways are in India - you can imagine the kind of troubles that can be caused just cause of the state of our roads and the safety measures around them.

Thankfully enough, we are all sensible to understand the basic ideas of road safety but I think there are still some moments in which we find ourselves in a fix.

And sometimes, sadly, these moments become fatal for people - even innocent ones.

2c.
The moron was too fast for a two way street with traffic. If smaller, cheaper and arguably inferior cars can slow down at changed circumstances a muscle car surely can.

His haste and the entitlement he thinks he carries by driving a sports car caused the crash.

Another one of those 'less grey cells, more bhp' category player.
bigron is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:46   #1894
BHPian

We as a society generally accept just 1 hero or a single villain.

Let's not let the truck driver go scot-free. I may not be able to say which rule he broke but just imagine if it was a loaded bus instead of the mustang the scale of impact would be gut wrenching. Reversing a truck on a main road where he is oblivious of the exact traffic flow is nothing short of a 'I couldn't care less about others' attitude.

If the mustang guy had half the driving skills of the Alto driver, outcome could have fairly different here. Mustang's driver clearly lacked experience to deal with such a situation or was distracted.

Hope justice is served hot (aka quick) to both, the truck driver and the mustang driver.
BrakeFree is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:48   #1895
BHPian

Even though the truck which was backing up started everything, the swift stopped just in anticipation if the truck moves further back, the car behind swift stopped in time as well, it was a wrong call on part of the Mustang to try and overtake from right without seeing the incoming traffic.

Though in his defence the time one has to respond is very short in such situations but still a truck is a very big vehicle to miss.

Even the alto which was behind the mustang also managed to move left and save itself from hitting the rear of mustang. And in the first video, the car behind the swift just overtook alto, and mustang was trying to overtake both of them on a single road. Overtaking on a single road should be done very carefully. Hopefully lesson learned by the driver for future.
prateekchanana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 10:57   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Why is everyone so cut up because he calls himself a professional driver?

He may call himself the President of the United States tomorrow.

Would you be cut up with that too?
AMG Power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 11:29   #1897
BHPian

I could see a doctor symbol on the Mustang. I hope the driver if at all he was a doctor and was saved by airbags-seatbelt atleast helped the truck driver who was maybe seriously injured going by the blood on the truck.

My two cents:
Today we see so many examples of arrogant and high handed behaviour on the road by professionals who are able to afford such cars but give traffic rules and common sense the slip. Problem is accidents can result in damages far severe to the person not at fault just by being maybe in a less capable vehicle.

The car was driven at a speed it should not have been in a road which is clearly spartan. Those who are calling a fault on both sides should kindly have a relook at the video.

Hope the person is booked for rash driving atleast!
Old 8th March 2020, 11:41   #1898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
Why is everyone so cut up because he calls himself a professional driver?

He may call himself the President of the United States tomorrow.

Would you be cut up with that too?
Exactly my point! We're here to assess what went wrong and clearly, from the videos, there were multiple points of failure that led to this accident. We're here to learn from what could go wrong (especially while driving high performance cars) and not hate on someone because he made a wrong judgement call or he blamed others for not being 'professionals'. We're not here to assess his IG stories and why he isn't being sorry enough (to our expectations of how sorry someone needs to be) for what he's done. Ugh.

Last edited by shoaib3030 : 8th March 2020 at 11:43.
shoaib3030 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 11:45   #1899
BHPian

Very immature of the mustang driver to not maintain proper braking distance and in making a injudicious overtaking move when the cars in front had braked already.

If you notice the video closely, the lane marking there is continuous white line - you CANNOT enter the lane at all, even for overtakes. I assume it was painted that way by design - by how the traffic moves and the road topography ahead.

With regard to the truck backing out - he is very minorly at fault - because when he started backing out, the road was clear and certainly the next car along had time to see and brake.

Unfortunate that the lessons are lost on the mustang driver and he tries to sweep everything away as a self sacrifice. I agree with others on the forum calling for penalities and license suspension.
GreenerPlanet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:11   #1900
BHPian

Re: Pics: Accidents in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Some more pics and a video ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
There is a video showing the leadup to the collision on ...
From both the videos it is clear that the Mustang was faster and definitely on the brakes with the lights on. However it seems more like an attempt to slow down enough to judge the situation and shoot past whatever's blocking the road. It is also on the right side of the road at a point where the centre line changes from broken to continuous.

However, just before contact the driver releases the brakes, 0:18 s of the first video (lights are off), and manoeuvres to his right. More apparent in the second video around 0:10 s mark, just before the tail lamps get obscured by the date. The next time the brake lights come on are right before or on impact.

Not sure, but if you release the brakes in a Superb or A3 (Auto), it starts creeping forward quite easily. Wonder what that creeping rate will be for a Mustang with significantly more power?
shubhodeepdas@g is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:17   #1901
Team-BHP Support

He did what most untrained drivers do instinctively when they're going faster than they should and get caught in a tricky situation, try to swing around an obstacle just because 'I got the POWER!'.

His story is a load of horse manure. Ironic, given his steed.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:21   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Swift could brake, Etios could brake, so did Alto. But the poor Mustang couldn't.

Below is the drivers version of the accident. Not sure how much to believe as some points doesn't make sense except that he made a hero out of himself.
No first hand information about this incident, but for sure there are thoughts which might get categorized as insensitive here, hence will refrain.

Guys, have a look at this video: from 14:10 to 14:20 mins , could lead to similar situation isn't it?
Might be the superlative feeling of having more power under the right foot could lead to "can overtake anyone at anytime" thoughts?

Last edited by arighna.dutta : 8th March 2020 at 12:23.
arighna.dutta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:24   #1903
Senior - BHPian

The swift stopped on time. And it was not panic braking. Swift driver anticipated it was a tricky scenario and stopped well in advance. Liva complied. Alto driver was able to mitigate an even tougher scenario, avoid the moving obstacle and stopped smoothly. All these means the mustang driver was either distracted or he completely misjudged the scenario.

A truck backing up into the road can happen in any road in India at any time. The fact that swift and liva stopped well in time means there was enough visibility and it was the incompetence of the mustang driver. After all these, the tone of his messages makes it seem very immature. Accepting the fault is the first step towards improving.

Looks like this guy is the son of a Doctor. He says his Dad also examined him on one of the posts.
padmrajravi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:46   #1904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Exactly my point! We're here to assess what went wrong and clearly, from the videos, there were multiple points of failure that led to this accident. We're here to learn from what could go wrong (especially while driving .
There is only one set of rules Irrespective of the car you drive. The earlier every driver understands the same, safer the streets will be.

There are always factors beyond your control, so no point in looking at them. Do follow the rules yourself, that's all. Cars had been around for more than a century, so are the rules for safe driving.
WhiteKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2020, 12:51   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegitocat View Post
I could see a doctor symbol on the Mustang. I hope the driver if at all he was a doctor and was saved by airbags-seatbelt atleast helped the truck driver who was maybe seriously injured going by the blood on the truck.
I believe the driver's dad is a doctor - he mentions in his Instagram post something about his dad having examined the truck occupants and certifying that they are safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenerPlanet View Post
If you notice the video closely, the lane marking there is continuous white line - you CANNOT enter the lane at all, even for overtakes. I assume it was painted that way by design - by how the traffic moves and the road topography ahead.
Roads in Kerala have these beautiful markings throughout! However, I don't think 90% of the public know what the different kinds of lines mean! Continuous white, broken white, yellow etc etc. If someone has a list of types of lines and their meaning, please do post here.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks