Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 15:49   #481
Senior - BHPian

Now thats an intersting question. Waiting for Ecks' reply
Old 17th July 2009, 16:35   #482
Senior - BHPian

He resides in the US and doesn't have any fancy cars yet.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:21   #483
Senior - BHPian

Amazing pics karan
would love to see more pics of M3 in hills,and if possible a small write up as to how did she behave.
Btw was GC a problem, did u scrape its belly anywhere uphills?.

And somehow i feel ur signature is incomplete without an upcoming purchase.
coming soon?
Old 17th July 2009, 19:30   #484
Senior - BHPian

We clicked a few more pictures , which I'll run through the HDR program and post as and when available . The M behaved wonderfully in the hills. It is built for such twisty roads and it took them with ease. I did however feel a loss of power , in terms of instantaneous acceleration , at higher altitude .
GC was no problem , even with my lowering springs . The under - carriage scraped a little at even roads , but the lip and side skirts were just fine . The pot-holes did mess up the alignment , so I will need that re-adjusted , along side my exhaust .

Oops! Did I forget to mention that my Eisenmann Race exhaust will be installed on Monday?

EDIT - I will post an upcoming collection to our stable by the end of the year , but the space restriction for the signature leaves more to be desired . Hope the mods are listening .

Last edited by ecksreturns : 17th July 2009 at 19:31.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:30   #485
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, love the look of the M3 with the new rims! This garage would be great anywhere in the world!
Old 17th July 2009, 19:37   #486
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
We clicked a few more pictures , which I'll run through the HDR program and post as and when available . The M behaved wonderfully in the hills. It is built for such twisty roads and it took them with ease. I did however feel a loss of power , in terms of instantaneous acceleration , at higher altitude .
GC was no problem , even with my lowering springs . The under - carriage scraped a little at even roads , but the lip and side skirts were just fine . The pot-holes did mess up the alignment , so I will need that re-adjusted , along side my exhaust .

Oops! Did I forget to mention that my Eisenmann Race exhaust will be installed on Monday?

EDIT - I will post an upcoming collection to our stable by the end of the year , but the space restriction for the signature leaves more to be desired . Hope the mods are listening .
Karan any reason you think of as to why did you experience this?
till where did you go?
these roads are neither high,or too steep for a V8 to experience powerloss
Old 17th July 2009, 19:39   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Karan any reason you think of as to why did you experience this?
till where did you go?
these roads are neither high,or too steep for a V8 to experience powerloss

I went all the way to Kasauli top . I guess the higher altitude and thin air resulted in a minor loss of power.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:40   #488
Senior - BHPian

Awesome Pics Karan.
All the pics are great especially the 2nd one. They sure have amazing clarity with minute details.
The m3 looks stonker in the greens.
Still on temporary no? Waiting for something great again
Old 17th July 2009, 19:46   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went all the way to Kasauli top . I guess the higher altitude and thin air resulted in a minor loss of power.
I am not sure about actual figures but altitude is ~7000Ft or less but not more than this.
So you shouldnt have experienced powerloss,anyways you can check that whenever you head to the hills next
Old 17th July 2009, 23:04   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Might be because of the steep climb ? though relatively it is not too steep . but i dont think A/F mixture should get messed up and the V8 should have powerloss under such conditions . Did you put the pedal to the metal on the corners ? i find that road very enticing when riding my bike and i know each and every corner by heart (litrelly) .

And about the signature you could just remove the manufacturer names
Old 18th July 2009, 21:45   #491
BHPian

the second pic is amazing to say the least.

looks like its on fire!!
Old 18th July 2009, 22:57   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on the Exhaust.
Do click a video too of the before and after exhaust note.

Ummm would you not be removing the porsche from that list?
Old 20th July 2009, 01:15   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I am not sure about actual figures but altitude is ~7000Ft or less but not more than this.
So you shouldnt have experienced powerloss,anyways you can check that whenever you head to the hills next
7,000 feet is high enough for a normally aspirated engine to lose a fair bit of power due to the lower air pressure and reduced O2.
Old 20th July 2009, 04:53   #494
BHPian

Wow your garage is my dream garage just minus the m3 add in a range rover sport and an aston martin .... we all could've got near to our dreams if these taxes weren't there
Old 24th July 2009, 16:07   #495
BHPian

Great garage ecks. Couldnt be better. I wish you add an SUV very soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks