Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 09:24   #361
BHPian

Will it be ok to take the car to Shaman ?

Would not Auto Hangar and Shaman bicker as they are both Authorised Dealerships ?

Speedy my heart goes out for you.

Please try not to drive the car without the Bumper.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:38   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Speedy please dont change any parts unless you are sure that its not just a few fuses like i mentioned. Do this and see, disconnect the battery for an hour or so, then connect it back, if you are lucky, the fault would have corrected itself. If not, you will need the Star Diagnostic System to seek it out.
When i had put in the new battery bhai this was done. The ASR light still showed. I even brought this to the person who was checking the cars notice. It would be faster and better to just change the part then spend months to get them to check the fuse. Two weeks and still they have not checked it. The star does not work on my car for some reason and they say they have to call for some other diagnostic machine from pune.

Quote:
I would go in this direction;

1) Check for blown fuses

2) Check wiring harness - These are old cars and the Wiring harness does seem to get bad due to abuse/non use and weather conditions.

4) Air mass sensor - Most unlikely

5) Electronic Throttle Actuators - There are two 2 on a 600. Very expensive and difficult to get.
Have told them a million times but they insist on waiting for some machine from Pune.

Wiring harness proper, some wires that needed attention have been replaced.

Air mass unit is perfect.

ETA not checked bhai. Like i said they are dependent on this machine.

Quote:
How have they not diagnosed anything if they have checked it? If they have not checke it, why not? Call Mohan Mariwala and speak to him, this is ridiculous.
They have not checked anything bhai. All they have done is what i have told them. I find out things that do go wrong with a W140 from the Mercedes Benz.Org forum and tell them what all to check and get them the parts. Auto Hanger just does not do anything. Spoken to Mohan uncle but he is even better. Simple solution sell the car, it is very expensive and time consuming to run. Instead of solving the issue you just say get rid of the car. Its a joke. The other thing he says is his guys are capable of doing it, but since they are overloaded they want to get rid of the faster moving cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V16 View Post
Abhi, your car has all the obvious symptoms of having gone into what is known as the the "Limp Mode"

Classic symptoms are no response over a certain rpm, ASR light goes on. ASR stands for Acceleration Slip Regulation which was a standard feature in W140s. This is actually a built in safety device which which acts like a rev limiter and is tripped off when the ASR lights goes on. The ASR is not the problem, its the symptom.

If it is not faulty fuses and since you say the transmission is fine, get the ETA checked, thats the problem!!
Yes bhai the ASR light stays on. I had asked them to check the ETA a month back but their pet line, i have called for the machine from pune and have to wait for it to come. There is only one machine that is sent to service center across india if there is an issue. One machine shared by 20 odd Dealer service center is a joke. I offered to buy a machine and keep it at Auto hanger.

Quote:
No, no sense loosing your head. Take the car to another place. Try Shaman Mercedes. It has come up where the old Ichiban Honda service centre was, at Santacruz. Ask for Solanki.
I know Amar from ages and was there for the opening too bhai. all of them are the same. I would be losing more time at a new dealership as they would open the car from the begining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
speedy this looks like the accelerator unit to me man as she starts and idles only when toy press the pedal nothing! either the unit has a blown something inside it ( needs to be opened) or something to do with relay!
we all know it needs to be opened and checked but the point is when will Mercedes Service team realise they need to open it and check it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Speedy,

I'm terribly sorry. My prayers are with her. Just hang in there and she'll be up and running in no time! It's surprising that AH aren't able to rectify the issue.
Who expired Suhaas bhai ? No condolance prayers please, she has only sprained her foot . You are not alone, i am suprised too. They are not even bothering to know the problem of the car, but just going by what i am saying, rectifying is a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Will it be ok to take the car to Shaman ?

Would not Auto Hangar and Shaman bicker as they are both Authorised Dealerships ?

Speedy my heart goes out for you.

Please try not to drive the car without the Bumper.
It will be ok to take the car to any other garage too Supercars, there is not exclusive contract with Auto Hanger.

Agrees i do not want to take it to an Authorised center, once is enough.

Thank you, but it has made me more determined to get her on the road, if that means get under the car myself i shall.

It was a small test drive which lasted three buildings, before she died down. Point taken will have the bumper fitted myself, since these guys refuse to do it.
Old 10th March 2010, 14:39   #363
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Who expired Suhaas bhai ? No condolance prayers please, she has only sprained her foot . You are not alone, i am suprised too. They are not even bothering to know the problem of the car, but just going by what i am saying, rectifying is a later stage.

Jokes apart, She'll be back on her feet in no time Speedy bhai! I wonder if Auto Hangar shows this sort of lethargic and carefree attitude towards other cars and customers
Old 11th March 2010, 12:36   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Jokes apart, She'll be back on her feet in no time Speedy bhai! I wonder if Auto Hangar shows this sort of lethargic and carefree attitude towards other cars and customers
I wonder too brother. I guess seeing the number of cars downstairs i would gather they do the easy jobs first and the complicated ones they just while away their time with. Owners generally do not have the time to chase the service people, and have no choice but to wait for their cars to get done.

Example an Auto had hit my Ml and cracked the rear Bumper light on the left side just before my second service at 20,000 kms now the car is reaching its fifth service of 50,000 kms and still the light has not come from the pune plant. I dont even think they ordered it cause the guy told my driver sirf lense crack hua hain, light toota ya gira nahin hain na, chal jayega (only the lense has cracked, the light has not broken or fallen off, it can do.)
Old 14th March 2010, 08:51   #365
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder too brother. I guess seeing the number of cars downstairs i would gather they do the easy jobs first and the complicated ones they just while away their time with. Owners generally do not have the time to chase the service people, and have no choice but to wait for their cars to get done.

Example an Auto had hit my Ml and cracked the rear Bumper light on the left side just before my second service at 20,000 kms now the car is reaching its fifth service of 50,000 kms and still the light has not come from the pune plant. I dont even think they ordered it cause the guy told my driver sirf lense crack hua hain, light toota ya gira nahin hain na, chal jayega (only the lense has cracked, the light has not broken or fallen off, it can do.)
On a side note Speedy, maybe I should dcome down there and we can get ourselves a working garage and fix that damn W140 ourselves. Its taking way too long.

BTW, what happened to the V12 picture? Cadillac... really?
Old 14th March 2010, 11:34   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
On a side note Speedy, maybe I should dcome down there and we can get ourselves a working garage and fix that damn W140 ourselves. Its taking way too long.

BTW, what happened to the V12 picture? Cadillac... really?
Got a Working Garage already bro. When you come down and your done with meeting everyone you can come get your hands dirty anytime. Your parents would kill me for turning their son into a Mechanic .

I dont think you were active for a while many members thought that V12 was my handle seeing the Avtaar picture, so i just changed it. Cadillac as i already have one right so no confusions.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:42   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Got a Working Garage already bro. When you come down and your done with meeting everyone you can come get your hands dirty anytime. Your parents would kill me for turning their son into a Mechanic .

I dont think you were active for a while many members thought that V12 was my handle seeing the Avtaar picture, so i just changed it. Cadillac as i already have one right so no confusions.
Bro, tinkering with cars is one of the most entertaining occupations out there.. not to mention it brings me some peace of mind Slap me some overalls and lets get greasy
Old 17th March 2010, 13:10   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Bro, tinkering with cars is one of the most entertaining occupations out there.. not to mention it brings me some peace of mind Slap me some overalls and lets get greasy
First get yourself here and everything is taken care off .

Guess what had the car pulled over to my side to have it towed. The bumper was still not fitted so i asked the service incharge about it. He said when the car is done at the other place and would come back they would fit it on, they did not want it scrached. I insisted i want the bumper fitted on the car as it would not be coming back to Auto Hanger. He said he would have it done. This was on friday the 12th March, today Wednesday the 17th march the car was brought to the other side without the Bumper. I came into work and thats the first thing i saw. Called up the Sercive incharge and asked him he said they had holidays and the bumper had been sent to paint on saturday. Wondering why i asked him that my bumper was ready and kept on the rack so that it would not get scrached, all they had to do was fit it on. He told me that the bumper fell and had got scratched so they had to re paint it. He said it would be back by next week. I was furious and took the address of their paint dept and left to get my bumper back. I have brought the bumper back all scratched up on the Right side and the center, the paint has come off. I have told them to fit it on the car and then it leaves for the new place. Sorry for not posting pictures as my Blackberry is not allowing to transfer pictures.
I am going to recieve a bill for the so called work done but do you think i should even be paying it.... Let see there shall be alot of subtractions from it.

Last edited by speedy : 17th March 2010 at 13:17.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:26   #369
BHPian

Why do you not bring this to the notice of authorities? Authorities at the top are really helpful, I know this from first hand experience. My heart goes out to you! Get the beauty back in shape as fast as possible! May God be with you!
Old 17th March 2010, 13:30   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Why do you not bring this to the notice of authorities? Authorities at the top are really helpful, I know this from first hand experience. My heart goes out to you! Get the beauty back in shape as fast as possible! May God be with you!
if your talking about the showroom owners speedy has spoken to them.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:30   #371
Senior - BHPian

Do not pay these guys. Put this incident in writing and address it to the Chairman CEO & MD of both MBIL and Auto Hangar (Mohan Mariwala). Send it in a regd ad so they will have to acknowledge the receipt. They should know what is happening in their concern. Let them know what nincompoop's work for them.
Old 17th March 2010, 13:35   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetam_KORG View Post
Spoken to Dr.Aulbur (hope i got his name right)and to Mr.Mohan.Mariwalla, but to no affect. I really need to Talk to Dr.A on a one on one basis without the presence of Mr.M.M. Mr Mariwalla is in the opinioun of me selling my car, but not ready to admit to flaws in his service team. This is a public forum and some decorum has to be maintained otherwise the most colourfull words come to mind.
Once she moves out of here that is today in 2 hours time she will be in running order at the earliest. I have already called for the parts and they should arrive in a weeks time. No sensors but the full ETA unit itself, not taking any chances.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:16   #373
BHPian

Quote:
First get yourself here and everything is taken care off .
=====================
I am going to recieve a bill for the so called work done but do you think i should even be paying it.... Let see there shall be alot of subtractions from it.
Don't give them anything or at the very least, make them wait indefinitely.

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th March 2010 at 18:49. Reason: Please avoid Quoting entire large posts for short replies, Thanks
Old 24th March 2010, 22:50   #374
Senior - BHPian

Heres the update for the guys and loyalists of the S600.

It has been one week from when i pulled her out of the God forsaken AutoHanger service center. She is now up and running all issues solved and she has the most amazing growl and what a power house. Slight touch of the accelerator and she is ready to leap. Imagine what took us one week (counting the part coming in and four days of standing, so in 3 days of work time) to achieve took Autohanger Five and a half months and yet there was no results. They would have made me wait for eternity for their machine to come from Pune,What a joke. By the way the guys at Auto Hanger have not given me the clips and bolts which fit the bumper and the chrome strip, bought new ones for the car.
Tommorrow morning she goes in for silencer work, which should take a week to complete.
Old 24th March 2010, 22:55   #375
BHPian

Absolutely fantastic news brother!
Cant wait to see you get her on the road gleaming in all her glory!
I can imagine your smiling face now!
May you have a happy life ahead with your beloved!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks