Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 01:28   #226
Senior - BHPian

Hey Abhishek

Wish ya all the best for your next baby. Though i love more of the newer beauties esp sports cars,i love the passion ya have for the timeless beauties. Really respect ya for that. Next time when i am in Mumbai[not sure when i will be,but...] i am surely gonna keep an eye for your beauties. Whatever it is i am sure its[next one] gonna be a stunner just like the ones ya have.
I know i dont have to remind ya,but still Safe driving bro..
Old 6th December 2009, 01:54   #227
BHPian

Mercedes V12

Overdose of Mercs. Hmm. I wish you all the best in your restoration work and hope that the car comes out EXACTLY as you had planned. I for one am going to be a keen follower of this thread. Best wishes in finding a good AMG or another V12. Ferrari, maybe?

Django
Old 6th December 2009, 12:19   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Hey Abhishek

Wish ya all the best for your next baby. Though i love more of the newer beauties esp sports cars,i love the passion ya have for the timeless beauties. Really respect ya for that. Next time when i am in Mumbai[not sure when i will be,but...] i am surely gonna keep an eye for your beauties. Whatever it is i am sure its[next one] gonna be a stunner just like the ones ya have.
I know i dont have to remind ya,but still Safe driving bro..
Thank you. The next one would be a 2005/2006 model so on the newer side. The cars are not going anywhere so the next time your in Bombay just let me know. They remain camoflaged so i doubt you would be able to see them on the road. Odd timings to take them for a spin you see .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJANGO View Post
Overdose of Mercs. Hmm. I wish you all the best in your restoration work and hope that the car comes out EXACTLY as you had planned. I for one am going to be a keen follower of this thread. Best wishes in finding a good AMG or another V12. Ferrari, maybe?

Django
Have quite a few of them, so they are an overdose for now. Its not a restoration but just the normal service. It takes longer for the w140 S600 as parts are not readily available and some have to be called for.

The other V12 is there and all i need to do is give my approval and drive her home. I dont find the Ferrari practical for our road conditions. If it is a ferrari then it would be a v8 F430 or the v12 599gtb but both are over my budget for now. So a couple of years down the line for them to come home. I have asked Autohanger guys to find me a good SL (AMG or not does not matter) as i can modd the car to my liking. Even considering a M3. Lets see whats in store.
Old 6th December 2009, 14:04   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Thank you. The next one would be a 2005/2006 model so on the newer side. The cars are not going anywhere so the next time your in Bombay just let me know. They remain camoflaged so i doubt you would be able to see them on the road. Odd timings to take them for a spin you see .
Thanks for the invitation brother
Old 6th December 2009, 19:46   #230
BHPian

Quote:

Have quite a few of them, so they are an overdose for now. Its not a restoration but just the normal service. It takes longer for the w140 S600 as parts are not readily available and some have to be called for.

The other V12 is there and all i need to do is give my approval and drive her home. I dont find the Ferrari practical for our road conditions. If it is a ferrari then it would be a v8 F430 or the v12 599gtb but both are over my budget for now. So a couple of years down the line for them to come home. I have asked Autohanger guys to find me a good SL (AMG or not does not matter) as i can modd the car to my liking. Even considering a M3. Lets see whats in store.
Are there any W221/ C216 V12s running around the city?
Old 6th December 2009, 20:06   #231
Team-BHP Support

Look at her. Just look at her! She has the ability to bring tears to my eyes! Speedy, she is gorgeous!
Old 7th December 2009, 10:37   #232
BHPian

The W220 was a joke. One of my directors has a W220 S600, and the only thing I like visually about her are the wheels.

I must admit though that they salvaged some pride with the W221. BTW are the redesigned 221's on sale there? I saw a few here and I love the new headlamps, tail lamps and the LED DRLs
Old 7th December 2009, 12:23   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
Are there any W221/ C216 V12s running around the city?
There is the W220 and w221 S600's and the W221 S63 and S65 Amg's in the country. No C216 here yet. They do have the Smaller CL500 here though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Look at her. Just look at her! She has the ability to bring tears to my eyes! Speedy, she is gorgeous!
Thank you Suhaas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92335 View Post
The W220 was a joke. One of my directors has a W220 S600, and the only thing I like visually about her are the wheels.

I must admit though that they salvaged some pride with the W221. BTW are the redesigned 221's on sale there? I saw a few here and I love the new headlamps, tail lamps and the LED DRLs
The w220 is a good car but when compared to the W140 looks out of place. Wheels would look good as they are options one can choose from. If i get a good deal on a W220 S350 or a 320 i would take it and have it customised to my liking. Similar to the W220 s500 below.

The facelifted W221's would be available from Febuary.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought a "Big Daddy" W140 Mercedes S600 V12-03-s500-gangstar.jpg  

Last edited by speedy : 7th December 2009 at 12:25.
Old 7th December 2009, 13:50   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is the W220 and w221 S600's and the W221 S63 and S65 Amg's in the country. No C216 here yet. They do have the Smaller CL500 here though.

Thank you Suhaas.

The w220 is a good car but when compared to the W140 looks out of place. Wheels would look good as they are options one can choose from. If i get a good deal on a W220 S350 or a 320 i would take it and have it customised to my liking. Similar to the W220 s500 below.

The facelifted W221's would be available from Febuary.

Now thats a total gangster vehicle.Cool.
Old 7th December 2009, 14:21   #235
BHPian

Congrats Speedy!

IMHO, you've got one of the greatest Mercedes in a very decent state, in our country.

Cheers!!!
Old 7th December 2009, 18:53   #236
BHPian

Where ?

Quote:
Yes towards the roof. That is a tape that was stuck on by the previous owners driver during the monsoon so that water does not seep in (guess he was not used to the Mercedes and thought the rubbers were like some old cars). That is where the dust has caught on. I shall haveit pulled out when i get the car polished. So am i...so am i.
I am unable to see the tape. Is it near the Front Windshield ?
Old 7th December 2009, 19:22   #237
BHPian

Quote:
I am not doing anything on the sly. The owner himself gave me permission to do so. He gave my brother sights in U.K. where i can get parts and his people only told me to go to opera house to get the parts. Getting the parts myself was faster and cheaper than them getting it, hence i am doing so. I was also adviced to write a letter to Mercedes Benz Pune and Germany for an extended warranty for the 600. If the Maybach can get it so can the 600 .
Way to go Abhishek. We all know how A.S.S bill for parts, good you have not given up to their advantage. Regarding parts at Opera house, guess you have contacts there, else could have helped you.
Wish you all the luck for the 'servicing' and the roar.
Old 7th December 2009, 23:22   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Now thats a total gangster vehicle.Cool.
You said it and thats how i would like my w220 to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG9 View Post
Congrats Speedy!

IMHO, you've got one of the greatest Mercedes in a very decent state, in our country.

Cheers!!!
Thank you MAG9. She is a little more than decent though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
I am unable to see the tape. Is it near the Front Windshield ?
Its a black tape right taping the top rubber of the front windscreen and due to the colour of the car is hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavesh55 View Post
Way to go Abhishek. We all know how A.S.S bill for parts, good you have not given up to their advantage. Regarding parts at Opera house, guess you have contacts there, else could have helped you.
Wish you all the luck for the 'servicing' and the roar.
No brother no contacts there. Just was told this person keeps stuff for the w140 mercedes and i went there. I shall pass on your wishes to the guys working on the car Kavesh, They surely need it .

Ok Guys tommorrow the new shoes are being delivered in the morning. Goodyears asemetricals (i think) 255/45/18. The exhaust also has gotten off the car this evening and tom shall send it to Automech to get a new one made.
Old 8th December 2009, 07:52   #239
Senior - BHPian

[quote=speedy;1621549]You said it and thats how i would like my w220 to be.

Thar sure is how i would like to see your car. Not that hardcore though , maybe some stately looks thrown in !
Old 8th December 2009, 10:52   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Thar sure is how i would like to see your car. Not that hardcore though , maybe some stately looks thrown in !
The W140 remains stately and the way she is. IF and when i get a w220 than hardcore gangsta like in the picture and maybe different wheels. I dont find anything stately in the W220, so have to create an identity for her. I have already seen my next car so the W220 is unlikely, unless i take my aunts car also.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks