View Poll Results: Where are we on Sunday, 15TH
Oi Punjab, NH3 41 66.13%
Preetam Dhaba, NH8 22 35.48%
Karnala 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 18:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

Guys, I can come if its a short drive (100 kms or so) as I would like to reach back atleast by 8 pm. Have some other plans as well.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:53   #92
BHPian

re: Mumbai Meet 15th January 2012 - Drive Igatpuri 7AM - Lunch Oye Punjabi - 12Noon

I think we should now fix up the venue. Lot of people may be able to confirm availability post that.

@ mods - Is it possible to add a poll button on this thread? That way we can see what the majority wants.
Old 6th January 2012, 18:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Igatpuri.
Am sure a lot of bikers would join in. Ill ask the civillians(BB Civic Group) also and ofcourse my KALTI.COM members.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Karnala is closer than Igatpuri, both from Dombivli as well as from Dahisar (as checked with Google Maps).

I am strongly in favour of Karnala, as being closer to everyone it will allow a lot of flexibility of scheduling. We can decide on a timing from 11am to 4pm for everyone to be there. Pre 11am and post 4pm, members can fix up their schedules as per their convenience.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:30   #95
BHPian

i think Amby should be fine i can ride down if the meet is in the morning, which brings me to the timing. Outskirts of Mumbai is a good idea since we get to drive to the meet,but if its not a early morning meet means bad traffic while heading home once we enter Mumbai. I would suggest a "Brunch Meet" rather than lunch meet. Good drive, ample parking towards amby and a nice brunch too. We have done a lot of early morning T-bhp drives in the past and all of them were a blast.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I can come if its a short drive (100 kms or so) as I would like to reach back atleast by 8 pm. Have some other plans as well.

8pm ????? You would come back wayy before that even if you WALKED back. This is assuming we leave early morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Karnala is closer than Igatpuri, both from Dombivli as well as from Dahisar (as checked with Google Maps).

I am strongly in favour of Karnala, as being closer to everyone it will allow a lot of flexibility of scheduling. We can decide on a timing from 11am to 4pm for everyone to be there. Pre 11am and post 4pm, members can fix up their schedules as per their convenience.
Just did a general Sion-Karnala search. Its not even 55kms from the suburb according to google maps. Its way too short man.

Just had a talk with the others from the German cars group. We might pull out if Amby is decided since we'v been there twice in the recent past. A change would be welcome
I personally am tilted in favor of Silvasa on NH-8

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 6th January 2012 at 20:18. Reason: Added content
Old 6th January 2012, 20:16   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Just did a general Sion-Karnala search. Its not even 55kms from the suburb according to google maps. Its way too short man.
its still better than the last 2 BKC meets we had
Old 6th January 2012, 20:21   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
its still better than the last 2 BKC meets we had

All of you just go ahead and decide the destination. We will keep you guys posted about what we are doing.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:58   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Silvasa is shown to be a little more than two and half hours from my location, and if you include the horrible traffic conditions en route (note: Kalyan), the one way distance would easily stretch to three hours or beyond.

If the purpose of the meet is to meet, why not somewhere close by?

btw, I have requested the mods to add a poll to the thread.
Old 6th January 2012, 21:08   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Silvasa is shown to be a little more than two and half hours from my location, and if you include the horrible traffic conditions en route (note: Kalyan), the one way distance would easily stretch to three hours or beyond.

If the purpose of the meet is to meet, why not somewhere close by?

btw, I have requested the mods to add a poll to the thread.

I dont exactly see how Kalyan figures anywhere in the Mumbai - Silvaasa route. Which route are you talking about ?
Traffic conditions - trucks etc that you talk about can be avoided if we leave early morning. We have a person in the group who does this route twice a week for work.
I was of the opinion that this meet is as much about driving and enjoying the cars as much as it is about meeting. If you want to meet nearby you could also have a meet in the very next suburb dont you think ?
Having said that i already told you , go ahead and decide any location. NH 8 is just a personal preference.
We (German car group) will keep this thread updated about what we are going to do

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 6th January 2012 at 21:11.
Old 6th January 2012, 21:14   #101
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As someone mentioned earlier, is there anything to see on the Nashik route? Else it would just be eating and meeting and no other activity.
Nashik is supposed to have a very smooth road with great twisties. Afterall we are going for the drive right? I don't know how to the road is to Karnala but I'm good with anything. The only problem I see is that if the roads aren't good to Karnala some of us might have issues since a few cars are running on 40/45 profile tyres. That way we know the road to Nashik is great, of course we don't have to go all the way to Nashik, if someone knows a good place to eat on the way we can stop there.

Another option is doing the normal e-way drive and going to one of the dhabas or that car themed cafe on the old Bombay Pune road.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 21:26   #102
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a poll added to this thread please?

The options can be
a. Karnala
b. Igatpuri
c. Some nice place towards Silvasa as some members preferred that side.
d. Lonavala/ Panshet/ nearby areas.

If option for C can be proposed, we can have the mods add a poll for these 4 options and let the majority pick the place.
MX6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 21:36   #103
BHPian

I have dropped a PM to Rudra. He will add a poll.
Old 6th January 2012, 21:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Nashik is supposed to have a very smooth road with great twisties. Afterall we are going for the drive right? I don't know how to the road is to Karnala but I'm good with anything. The only problem I see is that if the roads aren't good to Karnala some of us might have issues since a few cars are running on 40/45 profile tyres. That way we know the road to Nashik is great, of course we don't have to go all the way to Nashik, if someone knows a good place to eat on the way we can stop there.

Another option is doing the normal e-way drive and going to one of the dhabas or that car themed cafe on the old Bombay Pune road.
Boss how about Siddhu da dhaba near kamshet on old pune highway.
The owner has got a restored jeep PB registered and he is so fond of it ,he lets every one drive in the area around his dhaba.
Food is good,Non Veg is superb specially HOT HOT desi ghee Jalebis....mmmmmmm.
I have his contact I can call him about our RAID .

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 6th January 2012 at 21:58.
Old 6th January 2012, 22:07   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
I have dropped a PM to Rudra. He will add a poll.
Poll is up there. Guys, let's get on with preferred destination.
Rudra Sen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks