Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2008, 21:16   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I just got of the phone with clantro (spoke to the maitre d) and he said it was including starters.

@vnabhi who did you speak to. This is damn irritating getting conflicting news from the same hotel
Same here. I called up 2332 5678 and was told that the offer is unlimited beer, unlimited white spirits(gin,vodka bacardi), unlimited starters(2veg+2non veg) and a sizzler. This one provides more options in liquors. But it sure sounds fishy as they are offering a bit too much for 399.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
btw guys how about barbeque nation? all inclusive is about 450, drinks would be charged seperately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
How about the Ohri's - I just got to know that the chief chef of ohri's stays in our building. I will contact him and let you all know. ..... let the kunfusion kuntinue.
Nothing's gonna work like the unlimited liquor thingy. Not sure about the rest but I can vouch for myself, avi and surencheers: knowing their capacities. 3-4 pegs at these restaurants can set you back by 600-800 bucks. But I surely wont wanna play spoilsport if some other venue is decided. I am okay with any venue. Especially when our teetotaller friends are ready to accept unlimited booze offer then why cant the boozers do the other way round.
Old 17th July 2008, 22:37   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its Thursday evening and the venue not yet decided!!!

Never mind, since I have the numbers of all the folks who are coming to the meet, i can inform them any time.

To add more kunfusion:

How about the Ohri's - I just got to know that the chief chef of ohri's stays in our building. I will contact him and let you all know. ..... let the kunfusion kuntinue.
Let us confirm the venue as katriya towers ( fortune katriya) PLZ.
The deal sounds like a too good to be true one. Let us not miss it.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:11   #153

Hey Guys, i would like to join the meet too ....Add me to in the list.
i have gone through the post, a bit confused about the venue...
Is the venue decided ?

Deepak.
Old 17th July 2008, 23:21   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

I am ok with anything guys as long as the booze is unlimited, who cares about the food, what say, huterz, suren, amit cheers:!!!

Cooldude, if what is said about FK is true, then we will be fools not to select that venue. But, someone has to probably personally check it out. Otherwise, we will all be like that saying :-

Na Ghar ka Na Ghat ka

Btw, i am just back after a mini petrol bunk meet with Kkrk2, Rider60 a few minutes ago. so you see a mini meet to decide on drink meet..hehe!

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th July 2008 at 23:23. Reason: forgot to add, we 3 just met at Hyderguda!!!
Old 17th July 2008, 23:59   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Btw, was speaking to our dear moderator ( Zappo) this evening and he too gave his affirmative

1. Mobike008 ( Mitesh + Bala : My friends, non tbhp folks)
2. Suren 181
3. Hillram
4. kkrk2
5. Rider60
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Hunterz
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Naveen.KK
10.Aadix
11. Mezereo
12. Cooldude
13. Zen91
14. Zappo (Cheap Guest)

Total Headcount : 16
Old 18th July 2008, 00:00   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To add more kunfusion:
no more konfusion from my side, Ohri's ruled out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Let us confirm the venue as katriya towers ( fortune katriya) PLZ.
The deal sounds like a too good to be true one. Let us not miss it.
That itself is the main concern. All the deals are too good to be true!!!

I think, I have to enter the dragon!!! I will call both the FK and KdR and talk to them and take an assurance from them.

Also at KdR, there are many venues, i think each has its own pricing!! Is it the same with the FK? do they have more than one venue and each of them are quoting differently??

raj.
Old 18th July 2008, 00:22   #157
Team-BHP Support

Oye Avi, when did this confirmation thing happened? I said it all depends on how I am placed tomorrow. If I get stretched then it will be a little too difficult for me. I know how badly I want to attend this one. Evening meets in city of this kind are the only ones where I probably stand some chance of attending. Lets hope that I do not get stretched.

Today I had a lot of work at hand but just katofied under the bahana (genuine though) that I do not have enough fuel and if I do not leave early and line up at some bunk I may not manage to come to the office tomorrow. Of course my DH agreed at the cost of me reaching home and logging in immediately as there was a lot to do. Kal kaa pataa nahin.

Rest assured I will land up if I manage to though...

Last edited by Zappo : 18th July 2008 at 00:27.
Old 18th July 2008, 00:30   #158
BHPian

Logo, dont count me in, However will try drop by for 10 to 15 minutes.

Btw: im still kunfused about the venue. Tanddor or KDR?
Old 18th July 2008, 00:54   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Oye Avi, when did this confirmation thing happened? I said it all depends on how I am placed tomorrow. If I get stretched then it will be a little too difficult for me. I know how badly I want to attend this one. Evening meets in city of this kind are the only ones where I probably stand some chance of attending. Lets hope that I do not get stretched.

Today I had a lot of work at hand but just katofied under the bahana (genuine though) that I do not have enough fuel and if I do not leave early and line up at some bunk I may not manage to come to the office tomorrow. Of course my DH agreed at the cost of me reaching home and logging in immediately as there was a lot to do. Kal kaa pataa nahin.

Tell your dh that you did not get fuel yesterday and you want to try your luck today
Old 18th July 2008, 07:41   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Sarkar aajao. Is baar last time ki thara koi BONG nahi hai. Nahi tho sirf corner mein baith kar bengali mein khusar phusar hogi

Speaking of bong, where is our other famous bong, Btirthankar????? Have you driven off to Kolkatta or what?

@Basu, Are you coming this evening or leaving for KOL?

1. Mobike008 ( Mitesh + Bala : My friends, non tbhp folks)
2. Suren 181
3. Hillram
4. kkrk2
5. Rider60
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Hunterz
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Naveen.KK
10.Aadix
11. Mezereo
12. Cooldude
13. Zen91
14. Zappo (Cheap Guest)
15.Twister_In

@Twister_in, please send a PM to me and KKRk2 with your mobile number and you will receive an SMS before 5PM with the decided venue.

@Raj, i am on the road the whole day and may or may not have time to access internet, please send sms to Twister and as well as me with the decided venue.....

Total Headcount : 17 !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th July 2008 at 07:51.
Old 18th July 2008, 10:29   #161
Senior - BHPian

So the B-Day (Beer Day) is here folks !!! Looking forward to see all of you in the evening !!!!!!!1
Old 18th July 2008, 10:48   #162
BHPian

Choices, Choices?

OK -

Quick comparison of both deals -

KDR
Royal Court Restaurant
INR 369 + 15% Tax = INR 425.
Unlimited Beer, Kebabs & Biryani.
Offer available between 1930 and 2230.
T&C - Only one bottle of beer at a time to one person. You can only order once the beer get over, so no pre ordering.

Ambience - Decent joint with Ghazal sort of music and sufficient parking.

Pros - Additional unlimited Biryani
Cons - Only Beer on the drinks menu, decent ambience

FK
Sizzler fest @ 399 + tax = Around INR 460.
They have unlimited beer + White Spirits (wine, gin, vodka and bacardi)
2 veg and 2 non veg snacks which are unlimited too.
T&C - Only 1 sizzler per person & only one bottle of beer at a time to one person. You can only order once the beer get over, so no pre ordering.

Ambience - Decent joint with restaurant sort of music and sufficient parking + Private room available if < 10.

Pros - Additional Liquour options, Better ambience.
Cons - Only 1 Sizzler per person

I feel its the same deal at both locations. Deciding factor is
1. Unlimited Snacks @ KDR (This gets ruled out if we get a confirmation that FK offers it also)
2.Choice of liqour @ FK

Its already 10:45 AM, we need to decide ASAP on this!

@Kkr2k2 - You can use a 3rd party website to send SMS also like Indyarocks - Bringing India Together. That would save you some bit of $$.

Last edited by theodore_ftw : 18th July 2008 at 10:53.
Old 18th July 2008, 13:53   #163
Senior - BHPian

Guys..Where are we meeting this evening?
Old 18th July 2008, 14:35   #164
BHPian

I for one, am going to reach Fortune Katriya and start religiously calling to find where the rest of you are. So guys, if your mobiles are out of coverage area or so, please check the Fortune Katriya Parking lot to see if there is a parched man waiting to quench his thirst, for you know what, being near an oasis in the desert and not being able to drink from it when you are thirsty is B.A.D Man really B.A.D.!!!

So hurry up gentlemen Fortune Katriya takes it all I guess.
Old 18th July 2008, 14:40   #165
BHPian

Enlightenment!

Katriya Hotels

OK, just realized one thing here.....Fortune Katriya and Katriya De Royal are 2 hotels owned by the same group though located at 2 separete locations!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks