Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which weekend is best for you for a Pondy drive/meet ?
Weekend of 9-10th August. 6 20.69%
Weekend of 30-31st August. 23 79.31%
Weekend of 6-7th September. 10 34.48%
Other dates (Please specify). 1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 08:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme
Oh yeah I'm sure.
Okey-dokey, let us take that up at St.James.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme
I need a ride, Will some one be kind enough to accomodate me?
I am sure it should be no problem. We will come to the car sharing part a few days before we leave. In times when oil prices are hitting the roof and becoming scarce, it would not be right for us to each come in his own car. We could share cars and fuel. Let's work that out later.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

From what I read on another thread, we could be seeing a monster-Baleno from Bangalore at the Pondy meet.

Amit, I hope you are able to convince your friends to join you for the meet.
Old 8th August 2008, 12:45   #108
Senior - BHPian

will try my best
no promises
Old 8th August 2008, 13:01   #109
BHPian

folks,
i would visit the st.james court, tomorrow, and let you know all details, with some pics also. sorry for the late reply, since i had some business tensions.
saturday will be the finale for room bookings,confirmations, and all that needed for you people, from my side, and i will surely try to get some discounts, trying to locate the owner, who is also a pondicherry resident.
Old 8th August 2008, 13:40   #110
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot, Sekharan. We really appreciate your help in this.

Given below are some queries for which we would like the owner's response, when you go to St.James Court this weekend.

1) What is the best rate (after discount) he can give for the Delux room (3 persons per room) and the Suite (4 persons per room) ?

2) 30-31 Aug being a weekend, we need to confirm early. What is the cut-off date by which we need to confirm and make advance payment for these dates ?

3) Please check with him if we can make an advance payment of say Rs.5000 with the remaining paid during check-in ?

4) Also let us know the best discount he can offer on bar and restaurant bills ?

As of now, we have 14 confirmed people with some 10 others tentative. We would expect the final count to be like 16-20 people, needing 5/6 delux and 1/2 suites.

Thanks once again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. : Some points for you to put forward to the owner to get us the sweetest deal possible on rent and board and bar :

i) Since we are a group booking, he is getting assured occupancy of a big chunk of his rooms in advance.

ii) Also being foodies/drinkers, we would be giving quite some business to the bar and restaurant at the resort.

iii) Also, once this meet happens, he can be assured of more such business because Pondy is not only a favourite with Chennai crowd, but also with Bangalore and Kerala crowd and there will be more meets planned here.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th August 2008 at 13:41.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:59   #111
BHPian

I am interested to join pondy drive but can only confirm after 25th aug.
Is it ok SB? because its too early for the confirmation from my side.

I am planning to take these roads if my plans works out
To Pondy - (BLR - Chennai - Mahabs - Pondy) to check ECR road.
To Bangalore - ( Pondy - Thiruvannamalai - Krishnagiri - BLR )
Old 9th August 2008, 01:31   #112
BHPian

st.james court resort details

1) What is the best rate (after discount) he can give for the Delux room (3 persons per room) and the Suite (4 persons per room) ?

Since august 30-31st happens to be weekends, no discounts are available. Sorry folks. but i have been trying my level best to get a decent discount, from the management.

2) 30-31 Aug being a weekend, we need to confirm early. What is the cut-off date by which we need to confirm and make advance payment for these dates ?

there is no cutoff date, as on bookings, but usually, the weekends are reserved 2 weeks before, and there are only 6 deluxe rooms and 4 executive suites, in the resort. the standard rooms, i will not recommend. max persons the resort management will allow in a room, will be 3 only, ie only one extra bed per room. the executive suite has a little more reception area, with a dining table for 2 persons, with a small galley, in between, the bedroom area, and the room entrance. both the suite and the deluxe rooms, have a great view of the sea, and the adjoining swimming pool, garden areas of the resort. the suite has a small sitout/balcony extra. both types of rooms, have a bathtub, with western closet.

3) Please check with him if we can make an advance payment of say Rs.5000 with the remaining paid during check-in ?
4) Also let us know the best discount he can offer on bar and restaurant bills ?

i have attached the visiting card of the GM of the resort. his name is Mr.Iyyapan, who is a very warm, friendly guy. You can directly contact him, by his mobile number (9443252776) and can refer my name, quoting me as the friend of Mr.Kumar - Owner of NTS Travels. If you tell that i am the person, who came on friday evening, with a call from his owner also, he would recognise easily.

the attached pamphlet has the banking details of the resort, which can be used for payment/advance bookings. Mr.Iyyapan, quoted one day rent as advance for confirmation, since the availability of rooms, is limited. the max. is 6 deluxe and 4 suites. so, .....

any other clarifications from my side, pls call me in my mobile number, or SMS me. always glad to help, the motoring fraternity, with pleasure.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-1.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-2.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-3.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-4.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-5.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-6.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-stjc-7.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-st-james-court.jpg  

The "Rendez-vouz at Pondichery" meet. Giving time a break.-vc.jpg  

Old 9th August 2008, 13:10   #113
Senior - BHPian

Mikka Nandri,Thalaivaa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran
max persons the resort management will allow in a room, will be 3 only, ie only one extra bed per room.
This rule stands for the suite too? I thought two extra persons were allowed for the suite.
Old 10th August 2008, 20:54   #114
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Trying to rope in the Bangy regulars. Hope to see you guys there. Shall post up the confirmations soon.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 10th August 2008 at 21:00.
Old 10th August 2008, 21:05   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,

I might join this one from Bangalore. Looks very tempting. need some info right now and would need more later if the plans firm up.

Is this a family meet or more suitable for a 'singles' meet? Anything is fine with me, but would be better if people know in advance what to expect.

If it is family type, I will bring my wifey along else will somehow need to convince her to let me go alone (highly improbable :-()

Even if 3-4 families are coming that would be fine. In that case the ladies can do their own mini meet and we boys can enjoy
Old 11th August 2008, 11:41   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj
I am interested to join pondy drive but can only confirm after 25th aug. Is it ok SB? because its too early for the confirmation from my side.
I understand. Only issue is with rooms. The resort guys want the full rent in advance to confirm booking and since its a weekend, we might have to book 2 weeks or so in advance. Let me discuss this with the Chennai organisers and then plan forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
This rule stands for the suite too? I thought two extra persons were allowed for the suite.
Not for the suite. I had confirmed earlier by calling the resort that 2 people would be allowed for the suite. So that stands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Trying to rope in the Bangy regulars. Hope to see you guys there. Shall post up the confirmations soon.
The earlier the better it would be for us to confirm rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan
Is this a family meet or more suitable for a 'singles' meet? Anything is fine with me, but would be better if people know in advance what to expect.
If it is family type, I will bring my wifey along else will somehow need to convince her to let me go alone (highly improbable :-() Even if 3-4 families are coming that would be fine. In that case the ladies can do their own mini meet and we boys can enjoy
Chennai meets are typically guys-only kind. But that has not deterred some of us from bringing our wives to the meet and track days.

For this meet, I know that PatchyBoy is coming with his wife. So, your wife will have some company. I am not aware of anyone else coming with family. John, you planning to bring your wife and kids ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran
Since august 30-31st happens to be weekends, no discounts are available. Sorry folks. but i have been trying my level best to get a decent discount, from the management.
Thanks, shekaran. BTW, I am quite surprised by them denying any discount. End-August is off-season and also there is no long weekend. Given the bulk bookings we are giving them, I expected atleast the following discounted tariffs from them :
Deluxe : 1800 for 3 people.
Suite : 3200 for 4 people.

Anyway will talk to the manager today.

I think we might need to check out other places also in this case.

@Shekaran, what other options do we have in Pondy similar to St.James ? Basically we are looking at some accomodation that comes with a beach attached and at approximately 600-800 per head. Since you are the local guy, do let us know the other options that we can look at.

And also, how were the Standard rooms there at St.James ? Not fit for staying at all or reasonably good or OK ?

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th August 2008 at 11:47.
Old 11th August 2008, 11:45   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
and there are only 6 deluxe rooms and 4 executive suites, in the resort. the standard rooms, i will not recommend. max persons the resort management will allow in a room, will be 3 only, ie only one extra bed per room.

the attached pamphlet has the banking details of the resort, which can be used for payment/advance bookings. Mr.Iyyapan, quoted one day rent as advance for confirmation, since the availability of rooms, is limited. the max. is 6 deluxe and 4 suites. so, .....
Guys,

Does this mean that the resort can accomodate only 30 people? Also, do we have to make our own booking by contacting Mr. Iyyapan?

@shekaran, if we transfer the booking money to your account, would it be possible for you to make a bulk booking? Also, are there any other alternate resorts nearby?

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 11th August 2008, 11:54   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy
Does this mean that the resort can accomodate only 30 people? Also, do we have to make our own booking by contacting Mr. Iyyapan?
No, there are 12 S.Deluxe rooms also available. He mentioned only about delux and suites because those were what I enquired about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy
@shekaran, if we transfer the booking money to your account, would it be possible for you to make a bulk booking?
Actually the problem is not with transferring money. Instead of sending it to Shekaran's a/c and then he transferring it to the hotel guys, we can do a direct transfer to the hotel's bank a/c itself.

The problem we are having is with deciding how many rooms to book. We need confirmed bookings from all attendees so that we can pay the rent in advance. If people drop out, we might not get refunds. Also, if someone drops in at last moment, we might not have rooms. Solution for this is advance confirmation from members.

And ofcourse at no discounts given, we are looking at the following rates :
Deluxe : Family (1800 per room). Singles (Rs720 per person - 3 to a room).
Suite : 950 per person - 4 to a suite

Guys need your opinion :
Are these rates OK with all who are coming ?
Or do we search for other places ?

And the last option which we will take only if we need more rooms after exhausting the Suites and Delux rooms is
- S.Deluxe : 970 per person - 3 to a room.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 11th August 2008 at 11:56.
Old 11th August 2008, 11:55   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

And also, how were the Standard rooms there at St.James ? Not fit for staying at all or reasonably good or OK ?
You can forget the standard rooms. They are in dilapidated condition. I think these rooms (they are the closest to the sea) were ravaged by the tsunami.
Old 11th August 2008, 12:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

biju, me and saiyan are confirming for super deluxe , so thats 2* 970 i guess ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks