Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which weekend is best for you for a Pondy drive/meet ?
Weekend of 9-10th August. 6 20.69%
Weekend of 30-31st August. 23 79.31%
Weekend of 6-7th September. 10 34.48%
Other dates (Please specify). 1 3.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 11:45   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

My inputs w.r.t the accommodation choice would be dictated by:

"Making this trip memorable." -- as has been said earlier also by shekaran.

I don't mind spending couple of 100 bucks extra for this. After all, it's not everyday we go to Pondicherry for a meet with fellow BHPians.

I will confirm my plans by this weekend. It will be me and my wifey. Would prefer the super deluxe/deluxe room.

Cheers,

PS: Just got a SMS from Hari (LukeSkyWalker). He is also planing to join if sufficient families are there. Looks like this can now be called the 'Twin City T-BHP Meet' :-)
Old 12th August 2008, 11:48   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
headers, esteem_lover, neoranjit, nitrous, nickatnite,
guys can we meet up one weekday night (today or tomorrow or day-after) to discuss this meet and firm up the plans ?

P.S. : I am sorry that I am not here on Fri nights or weekends. But if weekday nights are inconvenient, maybe you guys could meet up on a Friday and firm up plans - stay, time of leaving Chennai, return etc etc.

I googled a bit and came across Banyan Beach Resort with tariff of Rs800 upwards.
Unable to reach the phone numbers mentioned. From pics, it looks like cottages on the beach.

@shekaran, if it is not too much trouble, would it be possible to get tariff details of this one and also how many rooms/cottages available ?

Looks like we would need to firm up reservation plans max by 15-16 of this month and pay up the rent in advance around that time.
Thanks supremeBaleno and will let you know by those mentioned dates for sure.
Old 12th August 2008, 14:11   #138
BHPian

Hi

I would also like to join you guys but can confirm only by 18th/19th August. If this is fine.

There is also an another option for stay, please check the following link

Ginger hotels | Offers | Smart deals
Old 12th August 2008, 14:45   #139
BHPian

Do we have a plan in place yet. What time we are planning to leave on 30th and when are we planning to reach back?

Regards,
Old 12th August 2008, 15:15   #140
Senior - BHPian

The updated Confirmed list after some additions/changes from the gang :
1. supremeBaleno (Deluxe)
2. neoranjit (Deluxe)
3. ph03n!x (Deluxe)

4. Patchyboy + wife (Deluxe)

5. amohit + wife (Deluxe)

6. bottle (Deluxe)
7. saiyan (Deluxe)
8. anandtheleo (Deluxe)

9. condor + 1 (Deluxe).

10. nitrous (Executive Suite)
11. FieryEnzyme (Executive Suite)

12. mail4ajo
13. nickatnite
14. headers

Guys, we have only 6 Deluxe rooms, and 5 are taken (ofcourse 1 more person can be accomodated in the room taken by condor+1). So, please indicate your choice ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa
There is also an another option for stay, please check the following link Ginger hotels | Offers | Smart deals
Compared to the options we already have, these do not look very economical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa
I would also like to join you guys but can confirm only by 18th/19th August. If this is fine.
For stay at St.James we need to confirm and make payment latest by 15-16Aug.

But for those that are OK with staying elsewhere (Mass or Sooriya), I guess you would have more time to make a decision and book rooms. Please do check directly with those hotels about availability & bookings.

Contact details of Sooriya are on this thread itself.

For Mass, call Mr.Mathew at 99432 55439 - the rates I mentioned in previous page were given by him. Land line : 0413 4207004
Old 12th August 2008, 15:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

SupremeBaleno, Banyan Beach Resort is closed down. It was my favourite and I stayed there twice before.

Apart from St. James there is one more resort but not exactly on the beach but on the ECR itself namely Soorya beach Resort (part of Soorya Hotel), dont know how good / bad it is.

Abhi
Old 12th August 2008, 16:20   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The updated Confirmed list after some additions/changes from the gang :
1. supremeBaleno (Deluxe)
2. neoranjit (Deluxe)
3. ph03n!x (Deluxe)

4. Patchyboy + wife (Deluxe)

5. amohit + wife (Deluxe)

6. bottle (Deluxe)
7. saiyan (Deluxe)
8. anandtheleo (Deluxe)

9. condor + 1 (Deluxe).

10. nitrous (Executive Suite)
11. FieryEnzyme (Executive Suite)

12. mail4ajo
13. nickatnite
14. headers

Guys, we have only 6 Deluxe rooms, and 5 are taken (ofcourse 1 more person can be accomodated in the room taken by condor+1). So, please indicate your choice ASAP.

Compared to the options we already have, these do not look very economical.

For stay at St.James we need to confirm and make payment latest by 15-16Aug.

But for those that are OK with staying elsewhere (Mass or Sooriya), I guess you would have more time to make a decision and book rooms. Please do check directly with those hotels about availability & bookings.

Contact details of Sooriya are on this thread itself.

For Mass, call Mr.Mathew at 99432 55439 - the rates I mentioned in previous page were given by him. Land line : 0413 4207004
SupremeBaleno ! If the Deluxe room is still available , i can take that for me and my wife as she said she will be joining me for sure. In case my brother comes can he be accommodated too in that room and do let me know. You can take this as my confirmation.
Old 12th August 2008, 19:53   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit
What time we are planning to leave on 30th and when are we planning to reach back?
The idea is to reach the resort around 5PM or so on 30th, with the Chennai guys leaving post-lunch or so and Bangy guys leaving in the morning. I am not sure what time Bangy guys are planning to drive back on 31st.

Confirmed list updated with some more options coming in :

1. supremeBaleno (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)
2. neoranjit (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)
3. ph03n!x (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)

4. Patchyboy + wife (Deluxe-2 : Rs.1800)

5. amohit + wife (Deluxe-3 : Rs.1800)

6. VJ_MAVRICK + wife (Deluxe-4 : Rs.1800)
Note : If your brother is joining, it will be Rs350 extra for 3rd person.

7. bottle (Deluxe-5 : Rs.720)
8. saiyan (Deluxe-5 : Rs.720)
9. anandtheleo (Deluxe-5 : Rs.720)

10. condor + 1 (Deluxe-6 : Rs.720 x 2)
11. headers (Deluxe-6 : Rs.720)

12. nitrous (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
13. FieryEnzyme (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
14. mail4ajo (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
15. nickatnite (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)

So, 6 Deluxe rooms & 1 Suite are full.

@nickatnite, since I did not hear from you about room preference, I took the liberty of adding you to nitrous' Suite. Hope it is OK with you ?

The remaining room options at St.James resort are Suites (4 to a room @ 950 per head) and S.Deluxe rooms (3 to a room @ 970 per head).

I have requested Shekaran to block the following rooms :
Deluxe rooms : All 6 rooms that they have
Suite : 2 suites
S.Deluxe : 1 room.

This is subject to the condition that we will confirm the final room requirement and also transfer the money for the same to the hotel a/c by Monday, 18th Aug 2008.

So, all those that are interested in staying at the resort, please confirm your choice by 14-Aug. Based on confirmation by members, we will pay for the rooms that we will be taking and will release/unblock the remaining rooms.
Old 12th August 2008, 20:06   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

@supremebaleno; Please block the S.Deluxe room for me and wifey (2 people in total). Will pay for this room.

BTW, I will confirm either way by this weekend and if coming will transfer the money also.

Cheers,
Old 13th August 2008, 03:36   #145
BHPian

I wish to complement SB and the rest of the "OrganRisers" for the efforts. Thanks Guys.

@SB 4 people in 1 executive suite?
Old 13th August 2008, 08:16   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan
@supremebaleno; Please block the S.Deluxe room for me and wifey (2 people in total). Will pay for this room.
BTW, I will confirm either way by this weekend and if coming will transfer the money also.
Sure. Its yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery enzyme
@SB 4 people in 1 executive suite?
Well, the suite is much bigger than the rooms and IMO should be good for 4 single guys. Ofcourse, we have the option of having only 3 guys in the suite too, which will up the per person rate from Rs.950 to Rs.1135. Or even just 2 guys in a suite which brings the per person rate to Rs.1500. Leave it to the guys to decide.

I am yet to hear from Shekaran as to whether he has blocked the rooms we requested - guess he got tied up with his work. Will call the resort today to block the rooms.
Old 13th August 2008, 09:51   #147
Senior - BHPian

I called Mr.Iyyappan just now and confirmed the following :

1) Asked him to block the following rooms for us :
Deluxe rooms - 6#
S.Deluxe rooms - 2#
Suites - 2#

Of the above, 1 suite, 1 S.Deluxe and 6 deluxe rooms are already booked by members. This leaves us 1 Suite & 1 S.Deluxe room which can accomodate 4+3=7 people.

Ofcourse, if there are more people expressing interest in the coming days, we can block some more S.Deluxe rooms or Suites (subject only to their availability).

2) We check-in around 5PM on 30-Aug and check-out is 24 hours.

3) We need to transfer the rent to the resort's a/c latest by next Tuesday ie. 19th Aug.

The resort is located 9kms before Pondy on the ECR on the left side (coming from Chennai), just after gate-2 of Pondicherry University.

So, now that rooms are out of the way, how about discussing what is our agenda/POA at Pondicherry ? Guys, throw in your suggestions.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th August 2008 at 09:52.
Old 13th August 2008, 10:00   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I called Mr.Iyyappan just now and confirmed the following :

1) Asked him to block the following rooms for us :
Deluxe rooms - 6#
S.Deluxe rooms - 2#
Suites - 2#

Of the above, 1 suite, 1 S.Deluxe and 6 deluxe rooms are already booked by members. This leaves us 1 Suite & 1 S.Deluxe room which can accomodate 4+3=7 people.

Ofcourse, if there are more people expressing interest in the coming days, we can block some more S.Deluxe rooms or Suites (subject only to their availability).

2) We check-in around 5PM on 30-Aug and check-out is 24 hours.

3) We need to transfer the rent to the resort's a/c latest by next Tuesday ie. 19th Aug.

The resort is located 9kms before Pondy on the ECR on the left side (coming from Chennai), just after gate-2 of Pondicherry University.

So, now that rooms are out of the way, how about discussing what is our agenda/POA at Pondicherry ? Guys, throw in your suggestions.
Thats excellent supremeBaleno and how do we transfer the amount? Do let us know so that we can do the needful for the same.
Regarding POA: This is my first visit to Pondy and I was thinking about any possible driveable places for us to go in our rides the next morning or so as its indeed a meet. Maybe chennai annas may have some ideas and ofcourse some regular bangy boys who visit pondy.
Wow! Chennai Annas and Bangy Boys "Rendez-vouz @ Pondy" with families and friends
Old 13th August 2008, 10:18   #149
BHPian

^Hello SB, one more person will be joining me and bottle in the room. Please let me if its possible Thanks.
Old 13th August 2008, 11:03   #150
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed list updated with some more additons / changes that came in :

1. supremeBaleno (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)
2. neoranjit (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)
3. ph03n!x (Deluxe-1 : Rs.720)

4. Patchyboy + wife (Deluxe-2 : Rs.1800)

5. amohit + wife (Deluxe-3 : Rs.1800)

6. VJ_MAVRICK + wife (Deluxe-4 : Rs.1800)
Note : If your brother is joining, it will be Rs350 extra for 3rd person.

7. condor + 1 (Deluxe-5 : Rs.720 x 2)
8. headers (Deluxe-5 : Rs.720)

9. anandtheleo (Deluxe-6 : Rs.720)

10. khan_sultan + wife (S.Deluxe-1 : Rs.2500)

11. bottle (S.Deluxe-2 : Rs.970)
12. saiyan (S.Deluxe-2 : Rs.970)
13. vince (S.Deluxe-2 : Rs.970)

14. nitrous (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
15. FieryEnzyme (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
16. mail4ajo (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)
17. nickatnite (Executive Suite-1 : Rs.950)

Of the total 10 rooms we have blocked, we have a full suite left (4 people) and have room for 2 singles in Deluxe-6. So, those interested can jump in with their confirmations.
As of now, we stand at 22 people confirmed (of which 10 are from Blore).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK
how do we transfer the amount? Do let us know so that we can do the needful for the same.
If it is OK with everyone, all can transfer their individual amounts to my a/c and I can do an NEFT transfer of the consolidated amount to the resort's bank a/c. This way, we can avoid confusion as I will be keeping track of what we booked and paid for. Ofcourse if people prefer to pay direct to the resort, that is also OK with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK
Regarding POA: This is my first visit to Pondy and I was thinking about any possible driveable places for us to go in our rides the next morning or so as its indeed a meet. Maybe chennai annas may have some ideas and ofcourse some regular bangy boys who visit pondy.
Pondy does have some usual touristy attractions that we can cover - Aurobindo ashram, the beach road, Auroville etc. Maybe even Chunnambar would be nice to visit. We should definitely cover these places as part of the meet.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 13th August 2008 at 11:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks