Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2020, 14:57   #1681
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: VW Polo - Maintenance and Service cost and dos/don'ts

Cost of injector from VW: 24k

It is possible to get reconditioned ones for half the price. Car is 6 already: I'm gambling on the reconditioned.
Old 8th October 2020, 15:45   #1682
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

It is possible to get reconditioned ones for half the price. Car is 6 already: I'm gambling on the reconditioned.
Thad, see if you can get the injectors serviced by shops that do this job. Let me see if I can find some in Chennai.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 16:24   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks! I already accepted the reconditioned-unit option, but who knows when I (or someone else) might need to know.
Old 9th October 2020, 22:15   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Thad, see if you can get the injectors serviced by shops that do this job.
Thanks again... I put this idea to Raghav (Ignite Garage, Chennai), who said, yes if it is a mechanical fault, but this seems to be electrical/electronic. I now realise how little I know about how these work!

The work would have been done today, but the shop is closed due to corona virus. They have told they will be open on Monday. I had a parcel stuck at a local courier office, a couple of months ago, as the entire staff had been shipped off to hospital. So, Monday? We'll see.

There is always plan a: the VAG original spare at twice the price. But I am not in any great hurry.
Old 11th October 2020, 15:42   #1685

Hi guys !

I am unable to lock or unlock my 2011 Polo using the key on the drivers side.
Central locking works well from the passenger side. Also the internal lock/unlock button on the driver side is working normally. This happened suddenly with no warning signs.
Has anybody faced a similar issue ?
Any opinion as to the cause and what I should expect at VW service would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 15th October 2020, 14:15   #1686
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Yesterday I noticed a strange thing on my Polo diesel. Upon starting the engine my speedometer needle started moving up and down i.e from 0km to 5km and the idling rpm also rose from 800 or so rpm to 1000 rpm I guess. Also the doors locked without any movement. What might be the issue here? I experienced some issues with the meter console when the ABS sensor failed. If this is the problem then it's the 4th time.
Old 15th October 2020, 16:06   #1687
BHPian

Transmission fluid change for DQ200 gearbox

My Ameo DSG is due for 60k service next month and though it has only run about 19k km, the manual mentions that DSG fluid should be changed at the 4 year interval.

Tried searching on the forum but haven't found anyone who has mentioned that transmission fluid was changed for DQ200. I know it is a dry clutch unit but does it mean we need to change the mechatronics fluid? Has anyone done it earlier?
Old 25th October 2020, 19:54   #1688
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

Refurbished injector, cost Rs.13,500, fitted. Car appears to be fine, but I have not really taken it out yet.

Fairly deep bike-scar dents in rear door and sill tinkered and painted nicely. Front bumper (I'm sure VW would have wanted to replace it and the wheel arch) fixed nicely back into place. One headlamp bulb replaced (they lost mine: but their Bosch was probably better than my Osram, so it's all the same to me).

Full service, and a Rs.3,500 detailing/polish (their cheapest package, and the car still looks better than it has since I bought it).

Bill... 40K plus tax. Hey ho, car ownership post-warranty. What to do?
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:08   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have done a suspension overhaul of my car - Front and back. I also changes the steering rack. Total cost with came to 29000. Front shocks were Gabriel brand, rear were some other brand (OEM supplier, I had googled but forgot the name).

Part details with pricing attached for reference of overall Polo community..

How much do you think would Volkswagen would have charged?
Attached Images

2000rpm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:27   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Hi Guys,

I have done a suspension overhaul of my car - Front and back. I also changes the steering rack. Total cost with came to 29000. Front shocks were Gabriel brand, rear were some other brand (OEM supplier, I had googled but forgot the name).

Part details with pricing attached for reference of overall Polo community..

How much do you think would Volkswagen would have charged?
Hi, thanks for that.

Was there a need for a suspension overhaul or was it an upgrade for you from the factory stock ones?

My polo is touching 8 and I'm wondering if the need for an overhaul is something I should be actively considering? I have not noticed an issue as such but I fear a sudden breakdown as have read a lot about this issue being very common.
Old 3rd November 2020, 11:20   #1691
Senior - BHPian

There was some minor noise, especially going over potholes (which are plenty in Mumbai).

I have OCD for rattles and dont like noisy cars (non engine noise )

A sudden breakdown in suspension is very rare. These components will give you plenty of advance notice before braking down (play, noise, bumpiness, etc).

The car feels like new now but the rear suspension has become very firm. Hopefully with load and usage will soften a bit.
Old 5th November 2020, 17:20   #1692
BHPian

Hello All,

I have had an oil leakage from the last two days (Brown + Pink) in my Polo Diesel. This is a 6+ year old car which has run 40K+ kms. The car was taken to the service center and after a day's investigation it was realized that this is a combination of Gear Oil and Coolant.

The conclusion is that the gear oil is leaking due to the Oil Seal wear and the coolant is leaking because of the damage to the oil cooler assembly. The total bill could come up to 40000 INR of which 30K is only for for the oil cooler assembly. This surprised me unpleasantly and I was wanting to figure if the entire assembly really needed to be replaced.

Is it advisable to go to a garage/mechanic who could perhaps offer an workaround to this issue? Would anybody know VW mechanics in Hyderabad?

Please advise,

Regards
Bharath
Old 6th November 2020, 13:16   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
Is it advisable to go to a garage/mechanic who could perhaps offer an workaround to this issue? Would anybody know VW mechanics in Hyderabad?

Please advise,
You can try Man&Machine, kindly get an appointment before you visit them. They mostly service VAG cars and are very good at it.

Regards,
Aditya.
adityarobb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 13:17   #1694
BHPian

Hello

My 5 year old Polo 1.2 mpi is due for its fifth service. Car has clocked 78000 kms. I recently changed abs sensor (fourth time in 5 years) after i got an abs warning error. This time I took it to a well reputed service center who are known for tuning european cars. They changed the sensor for half the cost compared to VW.

After getting good service from the service centre, I was thinking to get the 5th annual service done by them as well. However, when enquired they said that they would do the service, but wont recommend a 1 year or 15000 km oil change. The head mechanic says its a marketing gimmick by VW. He says under our Hot, dusty and humid climate conditions along with bad traffic, no engine oil would give optimum protection to engine for 1 year or 15K kms. He recommends oil change in 6 months or 8K kms. He also added, when VW polo was launched the service interval was 6 months and later was changed to 1 year because it offers a marketing advantage. He said no component or lubricant was different when the service interval was changed from 6 months to 1 year by VW. In his perspective the car which gets annual oil change is likely develop engine issues after the warranty period, and it adversely affect longevity of the engine. He said its quite okay if you plan to sell off the car after 5 years or so.

What is your take on this please? Please note that this guy is well versed with VW engines as they deal primarily in tuning in VW and Skoda cars and are quite good at it.

Also recently i had used Liqui Molly injector cleaner, by which I got palpable advantages in terms of engine smoothness,
Low end torque and better idling. Hence I was planning to use Liqui Molly engine flush as well. Any recommendations here please?

Thanks in advance guys.
Sid13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 13:25   #1695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post

What is your take on this please? Please note that this guy is well versed with VW engines as they deal primarily in tuning in VW and Skoda cars and are quite good at it.
I am not a VW owner but I would agree with your FNG. For any car, my take would be 1year-7500KMs combination with even the best of the oils. If the KMs clocked are less, say like 4-5K, then I would max stretch it to 1.5 years. So, I think your FNG guy is right and being upright honest.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks